Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,374 members, 7,829,970 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:19 PM

Walking The Christian Way Of Life, How Did You Do It? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Walking The Christian Way Of Life, How Did You Do It? (661 Views)

The Pioneers (Fathers) Of The Christian Faith In Nigeria / Some Talk The Talk, But May Stumble Walking The Talk / How To Brainwash The Christian Way. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Walking The Christian Way Of Life, How Did You Do It? by enm(m): 9:30am On Oct 03, 2014
Please this thread is not for non Christian. It is a thread purely dedicated to Christian only but you are welcome to participate as long as you will respect our faith in Christ Jesus and decision to live a pure Christian life.

What give rise to this thread, is because of what a friend of mine is going right now in her relationship, her relationship is on the brink of collapsing.

Reason is that, she decided to fully live her life for Christ. She is a Muslim convert but was not living that Christian life that is demanded of us Christian. Now that she has decided to obey and live that life, her relationship of more than four years is on the brink of collapse because of her decision to say no to sex.

I got to know about this yesterday night after calling to check on her and she told me that her boyfriend slapped her for just no reason, at first i didn't believe it because i can't see a rational man slapping his girlfriend in her family house even though i knew there is an unresolved issue between them and i have been advising her to make up with her guy and pray to God before making any major decision on her relationship.

So after discovering the truth yesterday night, my advice change to " stand your ground" i advice her and told her that God never leave useless anybody who decides to follow Him and stay faithful to the end. I advice her that even if her family, parent or granny all encourage her to succumb to the wish of her boyfriend; she should stand her ground, that is true we are command of God to honour our parent but in this case if your parent do support you don't obey and God will understand because in this case you are obey His word and God word supersede man word. She should not concern herself about what people will say but about what God say. That she should not be confuse, that she has nothing to be confuse about. That she should see herself as an iron ore that must going through the furnace before something can be form out of it.

I decided to bring this here, so that those who in their Christian walk with God, who have experienced situations like or more than these can come out and share with us some word of knowledge and wisdom.

I decided to bring this here because of some of us Christian who are experiencing situation like this can learn one or two thing that can aid us in our christian walk with God.

There are many Christian who being bombarded left and right with advices, pressure for our decision to walk a Christian walk with God.

There are many Christian out there that are tired of falling and getting up, silently crying inside.

You will here word like " God is a merciful God, He will understand" it is not everytime we will be doing it just once in a while, God know that body no be firewood" " but you people have been doing it before why stop now and you people love each other" " if you love me as you are claiming, prove it by making love to me" this and many words, phrase, clause and sentence are what we are being bombarded with everyday.

So to the experienced and overcomer brothers and sisters please come out and share your experience with us, so that we all can learn one or two things .

And to those going through this difficult stage, please feel free to share your experience, who knows somebody might have one or two word for you.

But please always go to God in prayer for guidance

SonofIssachar, pastorkun, Raotito, OLAADEGBU, holypower, Godssent, HumbledbYGrace your attention is needed here
Re: Walking The Christian Way Of Life, How Did You Do It? by enm(m): 12:04pm On Oct 03, 2014
Na wa oh. Una just dey view no comment. Abeg make una comment that is if you have something positive to comment or share even negative experience is welcome.
Re: Walking The Christian Way Of Life, How Did You Do It? by twosquare(m): 2:36pm On Oct 03, 2014
enm: Na wa oh. Una just dey view no comment. Abeg make una comment that is if you have something positive to comment or share even negative experience is welcome.
let her stand her ground...all is vanity...after 5minutes enjoyment...what next? I can tell you it doesn't worth it..(Ell her she has nothing to lose by saying NO...it is just a way of drifting into the path of Life more and more. Even if she succumb,her bf can still do chop and clean mouth...imagine slapping a lady because she is not giving in to your demands: such a bf needs help. We should learn how to be patient in all things and lack of patience is what leads us to premarital sex.

Have once been hurt for not given in to my ex- demand for sex..she insulted me...infact, I can't forget but once I say am not interested in a thing, then am not interested...we all won't die if we stay away...the more we go deeper into fornication, the more LIFE is sucked out of our soul and DEATH takes over gradually...things we be happening to you that you won't see with ur naked eye,an evil operation and inability to stop Death is weakness. Sin kills, sin is not a player..it destroys..of course it is sweet(I won't lie) but it is Death in camouflage...she shouldn't weep;for what? Let her forget abt the whole thing and move on. C'est finis.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Walking The Christian Way Of Life, How Did You Do It? by enm(m): 2:46pm On Oct 04, 2014
Thou shall not commit fornication, thou shall not lie, bear false witness against thy neighbours, thou shall not bow down or worship any other gods except THE LORD THY GOD JEHOVAH.

As a Christian who has been walking a Christian way of life with God, what do you tell someone who just convert to Christianity or recommitted him or herself back to Christianity

Someone who before conversion or recommitment is already in a sexual relationship with someone he or she is not married to, though they maybe living together

Someone whose parent and family are telling her that she must get pregnant first before they can consent to her marrying or he must get his lady pregnant before they can bless him to go ahead. What do you say to a Christian brother or sister who is experiencing this scenario?

What do you say to a Christian brothers and sister who somehow find themselves in an unfortunate situation that requires that they must lie in other to get out of it? Torn between saying the truth and suffer the consequences or lieing and getting out Scot free.

There are some Christian brother and sister out there who are being force into a precarious corner to bear false witness against their neighbours, friends, relatives, co workers and someone they don't know, how do we advice such a person?

How do you advice and encourage a brother or sister whose marriage in danger of breaking up just because they converted to Christianity, recommit themselves or decided to up their spiritual life and get closer to God, how do one go about it ?
Re: Walking The Christian Way Of Life, How Did You Do It? by jdilight(m): 4:15pm On Oct 04, 2014
You keep a relationship for four good years. Seriously, something is wrong with you. Two years is long enough for a guy who want to marry a girl to make up his mind.
Re: Walking The Christian Way Of Life, How Did You Do It? by enm(m): 7:21pm On Oct 04, 2014
jdilight:
You keep a relationship for four good years. Seriously, something is wrong with you. Two years is long enough for a guy who want to marry a girl to make up his mind.

Shoo, Bros abeg no be me na. Na friend i be to the lady o and for that part of four years the lady was in school doing ND part time.

(1) (Reply)

The Synagogue: Controlled Demolition Vs Collapse By Structural Failure / A Cinderella Story / Photos: ISIS Forced 6month Old BABY To Kick The Severed Head Of A Syrian Soldier

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.