Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,156 members, 7,818,496 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:21 PM

What Examples Are Nigeria's Leading Pastor's Giving? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Examples Are Nigeria's Leading Pastor's Giving? (1766 Views)

See What This Dude Is Giving To God / The Church Might Be Leading You To Hell- Etcetera Writes / Examples Of What Happened When Famous People Challenged And Mocked God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Examples Are Nigeria's Leading Pastor's Giving? by PastorKun(m): 9:53am On Oct 03, 2014
Many of Nigeria's most popular pastors are not the good examples of how Christ and the Holy bible commands Christians to live in this world. Pastor Adeboye was involved few years ago in an illegality of an import duty waiver that directly cheated on Nigerian tax payers and the Government of over $120million in state revenue. Pastor Chris okotie has no single respect for the biblical standards for marriage amd divorce. Pastor chris oyakhilome destroyed his marital life with serious allegations of adultery and abandonment of his wife. Pastor Matthew ashimolowo had to run away from Britain for financial scandal. Pastor David Oyedepo is alleged to have been banned from entering Britain due to financial scandal in the UK. Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo of COZA was publicly accused of operating a lifestyle of adultery. Pastor Ayo oritsejafor(CAN president) is presently battling the credible allegations of money laundering and arms smuggling. Pastor TB joshua is attempting to run away from his responsibility that led to the death of many of his followers by blaming boko haram and one unknown aircraft for the collapse of an illegal building in his church premises without necessary building approvals. The truth is that these celebrity pastors are above the supreme law of Nigeria in all reality and their disciples, givers, supporters and fans treat them as the human alternative to the living God. As pastor's they are meant to live exemplary lives, can we in all honesty and good conscience say these men are good examples of what Christ wants us to be?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Examples Are Nigeria's Leading Pastor's Giving? by dadarupees(m): 9:57am On Oct 03, 2014
Re: What Examples Are Nigeria's Leading Pastor's Giving? by gede7744(f): 10:05am On Oct 03, 2014
who are we to judge?

u are to follow Jesus and not pst

d Bible says looking unto Jesus (not pastor) d author and finisher of our faith.

d problem is that. ppl hero worship these ppl forgetting they are human. they refuse to ve personal relationship with Jesus and study their bible.

ride on pst! is their sluggard and d pst will ride them to perdition

1 Like

Re: What Examples Are Nigeria's Leading Pastor's Giving? by Nobody: 10:08am On Oct 03, 2014
gede7744: who are we to judge?
Who are we not to judge? Who are we not to question a fellow mortal?

8 Likes

Re: What Examples Are Nigeria's Leading Pastor's Giving? by gede7744(f): 10:10am On Oct 03, 2014
musKeeto:

keep judge now. since u are their god
Re: What Examples Are Nigeria's Leading Pastor's Giving? by Nobody: 10:14am On Oct 03, 2014
gede7744:
keep judge now. since u are their god
It is obvious who pays obeisance to this god men. Maybe if a man rapes your mom, leave God to judge the rapist too.

9 Likes

Re: What Examples Are Nigeria's Leading Pastor's Giving? by gede7744(f): 10:19am On Oct 03, 2014
musKeeto:
It is obvious who pays obeisance to this god men. Maybe if a man rapes your mom, leave God to judge the rapist too.

it is obvious ur mum had been molested hence ur bitterness on any God related issues
Re: What Examples Are Nigeria's Leading Pastor's Giving? by gede7744(f): 10:20am On Oct 03, 2014
musKeeto:

it is obvious ur mum had been molested hence ur bitterness on any God related issues

get a life ok
Re: What Examples Are Nigeria's Leading Pastor's Giving? by delishpot: 10:26am On Oct 03, 2014
OP the thing tire me o. They rejoice in having humans worship them sef. Na wa. Its well, all man dey find him bele.

1 Like

Re: What Examples Are Nigeria's Leading Pastor's Giving? by Nobody: 10:51am On Oct 03, 2014
gede7744:
get a life ok
Oh, are you hurt? I have a life. And I want you to have one too.

4 Likes

Re: What Examples Are Nigeria's Leading Pastor's Giving? by Demainman1: 10:56am On Oct 03, 2014
Very soon Armed Robbers, Polithiefcians and the other criminals will start attaching 'Pastor' to their names so that we will not Judge them cheesy

Naija Pastors are already all of the above.

7 Likes

Re: What Examples Are Nigeria's Leading Pastor's Giving? by gede7744(f): 10:58am On Oct 03, 2014
musKeeto:
Oh, are you hurt? I have a life. And I want you to have one too.

oh! gede! why are u arguing with a retard!
Re: What Examples Are Nigeria's Leading Pastor's Giving? by 2cato: 11:32am On Oct 03, 2014
Women (woe unto men) are the problem that are causing most of the problem from the days of adam to the days of chris oyakilome and now you are defending them. Pathetic

d Bible says looking unto Jesus (not pastor) d author and finisher of our faith.

d problem is that. ppl hero worship these ppl forgetting they are human. they refuse to ve personal relationship with Jesus and study their bible.

Re: What Examples Are Nigeria's Leading Pastor's Giving? by Nobody: 11:35am On Oct 03, 2014
gede7744:

oh! gede! why are u arguing with a retard!
Read(reed) your signature. That's why.

1 Like

Re: What Examples Are Nigeria's Leading Pastor's Giving? by plaetton: 2:22pm On Oct 03, 2014

"Who are we to judge"?
Brilliant question.
Who are we to judge our leaders when they enthrone corruption, immorality and lawlessness? after all, they are human just like us. Abi?

Who are we to judge teachers and lecturers who sexually harass and abuse their students? After all, according to this bright Lady, they are humans just like imperfect you and I.

Why should ordinary Imperfect humans like us ever think that we could judge and hold leaders, religious or political, responsible for their actions?

Our criminal justice system should only exist to
Judge and punish the imperfect plaebians. Right Miss/mamme?

7 Likes

Re: What Examples Are Nigeria's Leading Pastor's Giving? by Nobody: 2:27pm On Oct 03, 2014
Demainman1: Very soon Armed Robbers, Polithiefcians and the other criminals will start attaching 'Pastor' to their names so that we will not Judge them cheesy

Naija Pastors are already all of the above.
More truth than comic. cheesy
Re: What Examples Are Nigeria's Leading Pastor's Giving? by plaetton: 2:28pm On Oct 03, 2014
musKeeto:

Isn't it shocking, dear muskeeto, to hear things like " who are you to judge"?
shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: What Examples Are Nigeria's Leading Pastor's Giving? by Nobody: 2:31pm On Oct 03, 2014
Let he that has not sinned cast the first stone grin
Re: What Examples Are Nigeria's Leading Pastor's Giving? by plaetton: 2:37pm On Oct 03, 2014
As per the op.

The problem is that we are expecting the impossible from Christianity. That is the truth that we don't want to admit.
If you expect that a desert cactus tree, after 2000yrs, will miraculously bear juicy vitamin rich oranges, then you must suffer disappointment for eternity.

I repeat, Christianity can never evolve beyond the limits of it's original DNA.

Ask yourself, why does so much fraud, so much exploitation, so much pretense, so much fragmentation emanate from Christianity?

It is a fraudulently contrived religion, and as such, it has no other means of sustaining and perpetuating itself.

2 Likes

Re: What Examples Are Nigeria's Leading Pastor's Giving? by plaetton: 2:43pm On Oct 03, 2014
striktlymi: Let he that has not sinned cast the first stone grin

We should apply same to our criminal justice system.What do you say?

In fact , no human being should ever be judged or held to any standard, since every one has fallen short at one time or another. Right sir?

Ever since you stuck you face in T clown Joshua's bottom to defend him, I have felt shame to be a citizen of the same country with folks like you.

3 Likes

Re: What Examples Are Nigeria's Leading Pastor's Giving? by Nobody: 2:49pm On Oct 03, 2014
plaetton:

We should apply same to our criminal justice system.What do you say?

In fact , no human being should ever be judged or held to any standard, since every one has fallen short at one time or another. Right sir?

Ever since you stuck you face in T clown Joshua's bottom to defend him, I have felt shame to be a citizen of the same country with folks like you.

Typical Nigerian Atheist!

Always ready to knock someone down because they don't agree with them.

T.B Joshua's case, in that regard, was very clear cut. Only one who allows his emotions get the better part of him would crucify him after considering the evidence provided.

Had it been T.B Joshua was an Atheist, your sermon would have been very different.

1 Like

Re: What Examples Are Nigeria's Leading Pastor's Giving? by plaetton: 5:06pm On Oct 03, 2014
striktlymi:

Had it been T.B Joshua was an Atheist, your sermon would have been very different.

Ha ha ha.
Hypocrite.
This statement confirms that you have no moral backbone. For you, morality, right and wrong, good and evil all depend on whether one believes in invisible skyfairy or not.

In this case, I can proudly say that I am a better human being than you. I hold everyone accountable for their actions, irrespective of creed, race or gender.

3 Likes

Re: What Examples Are Nigeria's Leading Pastor's Giving? by Nobody: 5:35pm On Oct 03, 2014
plaetton:

Ha ha ha.
Hypocrite.
This statement confirms that you have no moral backbone. For you, morality, right and wrong, good and evil all depend on whether one believes in invisible skyfairy or not.

In this case, I can proudly say that I am a better human being than you. I hold everyone accountable for their actions, irrespective of creed, race or gender.

undecided
Re: What Examples Are Nigeria's Leading Pastor's Giving? by Mintayo(m): 8:53pm On Oct 03, 2014
Thank God the Op did not mention Dr D.K Odukoya.:p
Re: What Examples Are Nigeria's Leading Pastor's Giving? by lastmessenger: 9:37pm On Oct 03, 2014
Is Nigeria and therefor expect the uncommon things to happen.
I am not surprised by all these because majority of the so called Christian expect some guy to tell what is written in the bible they are holding.the pastors words are final and who cares what is written in the bible when the MOG has spoken.
Re: What Examples Are Nigeria's Leading Pastor's Giving? by Joagbaje(m): 11:58pm On Oct 03, 2014
PastorKun: Many of Nigeria's most popular pastors are not the good examples of how Christ and the Holy bible commands Christians to live in this world. Pastor Adeboye was involved few years ago in an illegality of an import duty waiver that directly cheated on Nigerian tax payers and the Government of over $120million in state revenue. . . . .

. . . . And pastor kuns is a glutton and a winebiber. He also has to his title as the" ENEMY OF THE CHURCH OF CHRIST" tongue
Re: What Examples Are Nigeria's Leading Pastor's Giving? by donstevico(m): 12:09am On Oct 04, 2014
PastorKun: Many of Nigeria's most popular pastors are not the good examples of how Christ and the Holy bible commands Christians to live in this world. Pastor Adeboye was involved few years ago in an illegality of an import duty waiver that directly cheated on Nigerian tax payers and the Government of over $120million in state revenue. Pastor Chris okotie has no single respect for the biblical standards for marriage amd divorce. Pastor chris oyakhilome destroyed his marital life with serious allegations of adultery and abandonment of his wife. Pastor Matthew ashimolowo had to run away from Britain for financial scandal. Pastor David Oyedepo is alleged to have been banned from entering Britain due to financial scandal in the UK. Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo of COZA was publicly accused of operating a lifestyle of adultery. Pastor Ayo oritsejafor(CAN president) is presently battling the credible allegations of money laundering and arms smuggling. Pastor TB joshua is attempting to run away from his responsibility that led to the death of many of his followers by blaming boko haram and one unknown aircraft for the collapse of an illegal building in his church premises without necessary building approvals. The truth is that these celebrity pastors are above the supreme law of Nigeria in all reality and their disciples, givers, supporters and fans treat them as the human alternative to the living God. As pastor's they are meant to live exemplary lives, can we in all honesty and good conscience say these men are good examples of what Christ wants us to be?
mtcheew. I wonder Which planet u whr chased out from.
Re: What Examples Are Nigeria's Leading Pastor's Giving? by PastorKun(m): 6:02am On Oct 04, 2014
Mintayo: Thank God the Op did not mention Dr D.K Odukoya.:p

He is not any better, he preaches "all my enemies must die christianity" whereas Jesus taught us to love our enemies. tongue
Re: What Examples Are Nigeria's Leading Pastor's Giving? by Mintayo(m): 6:24am On Oct 04, 2014
Re: What Examples Are Nigeria's Leading Pastor's Giving? by Mintayo(m): 6:26am On Oct 04, 2014
PastorKun:

He is not any better, he preaches "all my enemies must die christianity" whereas Jesus taught us to love our enemies. tongue
funny,i was expecting you to say this to confirm how biased you are!
Is that not better than what you mentioned in your Op?

1 Like

Re: What Examples Are Nigeria's Leading Pastor's Giving? by paulGrundy(m): 11:30am On Oct 04, 2014
Mintayo:

Since I know the OP, I have never seen him recommend any church or pastor.

@pastorKun, which pastor or church preaches the truth?
Re: What Examples Are Nigeria's Leading Pastor's Giving? by PastorKun(m): 1:17pm On Oct 04, 2014
Mintayo:

He also like the others preaches the fraudulent tithe doctrine in his church. As far as true christianity is concerned, any pastor that preaches tithes to his congregation is a charlatan.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

God Is A Foolish Looser / Secret Of Midnight Praise / How To Handle Your Sexual Urge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.