Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,989 members, 7,956,691 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 04:57 PM

A Nairalander's List Of Top 20 Nigerian Songs Of All Time - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / A Nairalander's List Of Top 20 Nigerian Songs Of All Time (845 Views)

Top 10 Nigerian Songs For July 2013 / Top 20 Nigeria's Richest Artiste / Top 20 Reasons Why 2pac Is Alive (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Nairalander's List Of Top 20 Nigerian Songs Of All Time by Nobody: 2:30pm On Oct 03, 2014
So MTV abused the term "of all times" already grin so i might just be taking a queue from them. Here is my own list of the Top 20 greates songs of which I tried to get a perfect mix of the Old school and the new school. In no particular order, the songs are
1. African Queen - Tuface Idibia
2. Zombie - Fela Anikulapo Kuti
3. Konko Below - Lagbaja
4. One Love - Onyeka Owenu
5. Shayo - Bigiano
6. Undisputed - M.I
7. Osondi Owendi - Osita Osadebe
8. Kolomental - Faze
9. Joromi - Victor Uwafo
10. Waju Lokan mi - King Sunny Ade
11. Street Credibility - 9ice ft 2face
12. Oruke - Sunny Neji
13. Why me - D'banj
14. Send down the rain - Majek Fashek
15. Fire in Soweto - Sonny Okusun
16. Kokoroko - Keffe(RIP) ft Timaya
17. Jailer - Asa
18. Ijo Shina - Sir Shina Peters
19. Style - DJ Jimmy Jatt
20. Bushmeat - Sound Sultan ft 2face
Hit like if you think the list is dope wink . If not, drop your comment and Constructive criticism grin

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's List Of Top 20 Nigerian Songs Of All Time by philantoxx(m): 3:00pm On Oct 03, 2014
bro wats shayo doing dere?and I think why me,kolomental shouldn't make dat list.
Re: A Nairalander's List Of Top 20 Nigerian Songs Of All Time by Mrval20(m): 3:09pm On Oct 03, 2014
In my opinion, you also abused the term "All Time".
You all should just stick to "Modern Times" or use generations to group what you call "All Times".
If you're really interested in listing Nigerian Songs of All Time, then I wonder why Sweet Mother by Prince Nicko(can't really remember his correct name) shouldn't be number one on that list. It should also feature a whole lot of tracks from Onyeka Owenu, Fela, Edna(can't remember her full name), Sunny Ade etc etc; I bet you now get my point.
I might not be old enough to know all their names and songs but I'm old enough to know that these lists put out by MTV and others are out of line. 2face is the only new generation artiste who might be in number twenty of that list.
An elder should just compile a list and let's see how it goes.
If you're below forty years, you're not qualified to compile this type of list; unless you're doing it in respect to our generation - that's probably from 1998 to 2014.
Re: A Nairalander's List Of Top 20 Nigerian Songs Of All Time by Nobody: 3:12pm On Oct 03, 2014
philantoxx: bro wats shayo doing dere?and I think why me,kolomental shouldn't make dat list.

Let's just say i was a bit sentimental for picking shayo, it's only my best song ever. It's been on reply on my phone since the begining of time.
About Kolomental and Why me. I think it's be unjust to not have D'Banj and Faze on the List. Why me is arguably D'banj 's best song ever and Kolomental will pass for Faze's.
Re: A Nairalander's List Of Top 20 Nigerian Songs Of All Time by iyisco2001(m): 3:14pm On Oct 03, 2014
@taiwolusol, so u don tire for career, na music u wan do abi. nice list sha. but these songs do old o
Re: A Nairalander's List Of Top 20 Nigerian Songs Of All Time by philantoxx(m): 3:18pm On Oct 03, 2014
taiwolusol:

Let's just say i was a bit sentimental for picking shayo, it's only my best song ever. It's been on reply on my phone since the begining of time.
About Kolomental and Why me. I think it's be unjust to not have D'Banj and Faze on the List. Why me is arguably D'banj 's best song ever and Kolomental will pass for Faze's.
its your preference tho.I have to recognise DAT.
Re: A Nairalander's List Of Top 20 Nigerian Songs Of All Time by Codedrock(m): 9:05pm On Oct 03, 2014
Bro u try sha...

But ur own list too is kinda wack jare....................

And why is everybody putting Asa- Jailer Instead Of Asa- Fire On The Mountain
Also where is my dear Beautiful Nubia songs on da list??
Re: A Nairalander's List Of Top 20 Nigerian Songs Of All Time by Nobody: 12:20am On Oct 05, 2014
Your list is just as wack as the trashy list MTV conjured for us. 20 songs of all time yet only one rap song made your list. To even worsen the case, you kon go put Bigiano - Shayo for your top 20....maka why na?

(1) (Reply)

VIDEO: B-red – Twerk Ft. Davido / . / Top 10 Biggest Nigerian Songs Of 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.