Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,467 members, 7,826,776 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 08:12 PM

The Cost Of Doing Msc In Nigerian Universities - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / The Cost Of Doing Msc In Nigerian Universities (1334 Views)

What Are D Pros And Cos Of Doing MSC In Mechanical Eng. After Bsc In Chemical / Revealed: Practices In Nigerian Banks That Will Shock You / Salary Scale Of Lecturers In Nigerian Universities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Cost Of Doing Msc In Nigerian Universities by realGURU(m): 7:54pm On Oct 03, 2014
Pls I am a graduate in one of the nigerian universities, I am currently doing my services and planning to do my msc immediately.
Pls how much will it cost me to do my msc in nigerian uni, i mean the tuition fee.
Thank you
Re: The Cost Of Doing Msc In Nigerian Universities by Joy83(m): 8:49pm On Oct 03, 2014
It varies with schools, but I believe with 500k, it should cover all expenses.
Re: The Cost Of Doing Msc In Nigerian Universities by CrazyMan(m): 11:43pm On Oct 03, 2014
Joy83: It varies with schools, but I believe with 500k, it should cover all expenses.
Bro calm down na...do you want to scare him off? 500k haba...he wouldn't need up to that.

@op I would give a rough estimate of the total cost.

Tuition fees, it shouldn't be more than 120k.

Acceptance fee and any other payment that would be required. 20k

Dues, department, faculty, accreditation etc. shouldn't be more than 10k.

Accommodation (depending on the state) shouldn't be more than 80k

So roughly you would need like 300k.

Note: this estimate is restricted to federal universities...its highly likely to be more expensive if you're planing to run the program in a state institution.

Good luck.
Re: The Cost Of Doing Msc In Nigerian Universities by ITbomb(m): 12:42am On Oct 04, 2014
CrazyMan:
Bro calm down na...do you want to scare him off? 500k haba...he wouldn't need up to that.

Note: this estimate is restricted to federal universities...its highly likely to be more expensive if you're planing to run the program in a state institution.

Good luck.
How about if he wants to go to a school like UNIPORT who will deliberately not allow you to finish in two years so that you can pay more school fees. He should budget about 600k for a stress-free program
Re: The Cost Of Doing Msc In Nigerian Universities by Isryl02(m): 8:13am On Oct 04, 2014
Following
Re: The Cost Of Doing Msc In Nigerian Universities by Isryl02(m): 8:18am On Oct 04, 2014
CrazyMan:

Good luck.
bros, but ur estimation doesnt include project expenses for scientists
Re: The Cost Of Doing Msc In Nigerian Universities by CrazyMan(m): 2:59pm On Oct 04, 2014
ITbomb:

How about if he wants to go to a school like UNIPORT who will deliberately not allow you to finish in two years so that you can pay more school fees. He should budget about 600k for a stress-free program
Lol that why its called a rough estimate.

If he tells us the institution he has in mind, then my estimate would be more accurate as a result of my knowledge about his chosen institution.

Isryl02:
bros, but ur estimation doesnt include project expenses for scientists
I believe my post above has answered this as well.

(1) (Reply)

CCNA exam centre in abuja and dumps pls. / Hot Job Vacancies In Ilorin / Several Fresh Jobs At Chartered Institute Of Personnel Management Of Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.