Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,175 members, 7,811,432 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:26 AM

Difference Between Yaya Toure And Mikel Obi(and Every Other Nigerian Best) - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Difference Between Yaya Toure And Mikel Obi(and Every Other Nigerian Best) (1429 Views)

PICS; Who Has The Biggest Lap Between Aguero, Yaya Toure And Ronaldinho / Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 / Exclusive Pictures From The Wedding Of Manchester City Defender Kolo Toure And C (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Difference Between Yaya Toure And Mikel Obi(and Every Other Nigerian Best) by fm4real2k6(m): 1:28pm On Oct 04, 2014
:::::::::The difference between Yaya Toure and Mikel Obi(virtually all Nigerian footballers)::::::::::

I read with nostalgia, one of Yaya Toure's interview published in irish examiner website about his love for football and his quest to learn more using scientific approach. He spoke about his obsession with football and compared himself to a
professor trying “to crack the mysteries of the game”.

The Manchester City midfielder critiques his own performance after every game in a
notebook which he constantly refers to, and spends hours talking to coach Manuel
Pellegrini to further his knowledge.

According to the interview, Toure’s quest for information began aged 13, when
he would stay behind on rest days at the Sol Beni academy in Abidjan to talk football
with coach Jean-Marc Guillou rather than go home.

“Coach Jean-Marc taught us not only how to play but also how to understand football,
because football is a science. If you don’t understand, you cannot reach the highest
level,” said Toure.

“I admit I spend more time with coaches. Mancini and I exchanged many things. He
knew I loved strategic and tactical work. The goal is not to leave any room for doubt or
chance.

“I talk a lot with Pellegrini too. He understood what I liked. I am a fanatic of this game
and constantly looking for explanations, like a professor who wants to constantly
complete his knowledge.

For me, football is primarily a science. A bit like physicists who
try throughout their careers to crack a scientific code, I’m trying to break all the mysteries
of football”

“Each situation corresponds to a specific pattern,” he told France Football. “When a ball
comes to me, in my head at full speed come all the opportunities available. From these
solutions, I must choose one. I’m actually a machine — a machine coach Jean-Marc
programmed when I was younger.”

I hope we can read for ourselves, what makes Yaya Toure ''thick'', can it be said of our own Mikel Obi?. Do we really have grassroots or academy coaches/management like coach Jean Marc Guillou that is scientifically orientend in football coaching?

All what we've got today are lazy, myopic, bribe-taken, cursing coaches and lazy players who only wants to play at big clubs and earn fat pay-checks.(appologies to those who're hard working anyway).

In Nigeria, we need to change our approach to football development, apply science, stop these administrative rascality and wrong mentality/perception.

Enough of noise making please.

@IamFOJ
Re: Difference Between Yaya Toure And Mikel Obi(and Every Other Nigerian Best) by davidflipcy(m): 1:55pm On Oct 04, 2014
Yaya is far better than Mikel

2 Likes

Re: Difference Between Yaya Toure And Mikel Obi(and Every Other Nigerian Best) by starlingbawa(m): 3:05pm On Oct 04, 2014
I hope we can read for ourselves, what makes Yaya Toure ''thick'', can it be said of our own Mikel Obi?. Do we really have grassroots or academy coaches/management like coach Jean Marc Guillou that is scientifically orientend in football coaching?

All what we've got today are lazy, myopic, bribe-taken, cursing coaches and lazy players who only wants to play at big clubs and earn fat pay-checks.(appologies to those who're hard working anyway).

In Nigeria, we need to change our approach to football development, apply science, stop these administrative rascality and wrong mentality/perception.

Enough of noise making please.

@IamFOJ[/quote]

I have to agree with you 100%!
Re: Difference Between Yaya Toure And Mikel Obi(and Every Other Nigerian Best) by safarigirl(f): 5:09pm On Oct 04, 2014
Lol...oh, this must be why he keeps throwing tantrums about Man City not wishing him happy birthday and buying him a big cake the size of the eiffel tower tongue

The only sifference is that Toure's countrymen don't run him down and lay curses on him when he has a bad game while Mikel's does.

Toure's countrymen don't compare him to Zaki or Eto'o or Gyan, they accept him flaws and all. Even though he hasn't won anything for them and all he has is personal accolades.

Now the sooner we all stop wishing we had Toure and start accepting what we do have, the better for the peace of mind of us all.

Science ni, food and nutrition ko. E be like say e don run out of ideas for his experiments this one wey e dey lowkey this season.

2 Likes

Re: Difference Between Yaya Toure And Mikel Obi(and Every Other Nigerian Best) by fm4real2k6(m): 4:55pm On Oct 05, 2014
safarigirl:
Lol...oh, this must be why he keeps throwing tantrums about Man City not wishing him happy birthday and buying him a big cake the size of the eiffel tower tongue

The only sifference is that Toure's countrymen don't run him down and lay curses on him when he has a bad game while Mikel's does.

Toure's countrymen don't compare him to Zaki or Eto'o or Gyan, they accept him flaws and all. Even though he hasn't won anything for them and all he has is personal accolades.

Now the sooner we all stop wishing we had Toure and start accepting what we do have, the better for the peace of mind of us all.

Science ni, food and nutrition ko. E be like say e don run out of ideas for his experiments this one wey e dey lowkey this season.

Get my drift woman, dont be too concern about the ''character'' mentioned in the post.
Read the last paragraph again.
Thank you.

(1) (Reply)

Week 23 Red Page Coupon Draws,,win Celebrate In A Ground-style.. / manmen / Abuja Stadium Outdoor Hoops

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.