Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,541 members, 7,823,372 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:13 AM

Praying Before Eating - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Praying Before Eating (853 Views)

Photos Of Nigerian Soldiers Praying Before Taking On Boko Haram. / What Is The Significance Of Praying Before Eating? / Praying Before A Journey (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Praying Before Eating by idugbe(m): 8:05pm On Oct 04, 2014
Men and brethren, I know that many of us pray before eating but while eating and you are not satisfied and you go for another round of food, how many of us pray on the second or third round? shocked.
As for me, I don't pray on the second or third round of food, is it necessary? Have you ever done that?
Do have a pleasant evening and don't forget to pray for someone during tomorrow's service.

1 Like

Re: Praying Before Eating by Nobody: 8:21pm On Oct 04, 2014
I don't take second or third round while eating, so i can't say.
Most times i don't pray for my food before eating cos i do the cooking myself.
Re: Praying Before Eating by Personwife: 8:30pm On Oct 04, 2014
deb6:
I don't take second or third round while eating, so i can't say.
Most times i don't pray for my food before eating cos i do the cooking myself.

The essence of prayer before eating is not because you want to cast out a devil or because you do not trust the source of the food but its just to give thanks to God for providing for you and to ask Him to extend the same benevolence to those in need of similar mercy and kindness.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Praying Before Eating by Nobody: 8:35pm On Oct 04, 2014
[quote author=Personwife post=26866430]
Ok, thanks for explaining.

1 Like

Re: Praying Before Eating by Nobody: 10:02pm On Oct 04, 2014
Personwife:

The essence of prayer before eating is not because you want to cast out a devil or because you do not trust the source of the food but its just to give thanks to God for providing for you and to ask Him to extend the same benevolence to those in need of similar mercy and kindness.

You work so hard to get money, rush down to the market to get food items, go through the stress of cooking it, only to thank God for providing it grin

The logic of the religious is stunning grin
Re: Praying Before Eating by Nobody: 10:10pm On Oct 04, 2014
I do that always Just that I go don put my hand finish before praying

2 Likes

Re: Praying Before Eating by Personwife: 4:20am On Oct 05, 2014
rationalmind:

You work so hard to get money, rush down to the market to get food items, go through the stress of cooking it, only to thank God for providing it grin

Yea, but have you ever stopped to think that there are so many who want to work hard, go to the market, be stressed out with cooking but cannot despite their qualifications and education just because they are sick and confined to their wheel chair? Be thankful bro for the gift of life and sound health.

1 Like

Re: Praying Before Eating by asalimpo(m): 6:00am On Oct 05, 2014
rationalmind
post=26868693:

The logic of the atheists is baffling too.
They say "With my hand, I got this ". I am self-made etc.

But the bible says "He gives his people power to make wealth ".
It's only normal to b grateful to ur helper.

1 Like

Re: Praying Before Eating by asalimpo(m): 6:06am On Oct 05, 2014
Prayer is also a protective device.
It sanctifies the food and makes it
fit for consumption.
Many lives hav been spared by simply sincerely prayg over their meals.

1timothy4:4

1 Like

Re: Praying Before Eating by chinwike2(m): 6:56am On Oct 05, 2014
Yes

1 Like

Re: Praying Before Eating by chinwike2(m): 6:56am On Oct 05, 2014
I pray the first time but i dont pray on the second food

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Bishop Obinim Steps On A Pregnant Woman / Is It Right For Ushers To Wake Sleeping People Up In The Church? / Modesty Of A Christian Sister

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.