Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,166 members, 7,811,380 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:39 AM

Man Marries Stepmother. - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Man Marries Stepmother. (2551 Views)

Pic: Stepmother, 48, Marries Her Stepson, 45, Making Her Child Both His Half-sis / CNN Anchor Isha Sesay Marries Leif Coorlim / Anita Hogan Marries Her Oyibo Boyfriend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Marries Stepmother. by Nobody: 7:11am On Oct 05, 2014
Man to marry his stepmum - and her ex (his dad) will be among guests on big day

By Ben Russell for the Irish Mirror

A man is set to marry his former stepmother after months of battling with French authorities.

Eric Holder, 45, will marry his father’s former wife 48-year-old Elisabeth Lorentz in the small village of Dabo in Alsace-Lorraine, in northeastern France.

Although the couple are not blood relatives, French law prohibits all unions between stepchildren and step-parents.

The couple pleaded their case through the courts only to receive a signed letter from President Francois Hollande last year reconfirming that such marriages are banned.

They finally obtained the right to marry from a local court in north-east France in June.

The prosecutor's office opposed the decision but did not appeal.

Bride-to-be Elisabeth said: “At last, it's the big day! I simply hope that our story will be useful to other couples in our situation, because I know there are some.”

But there are no hard feelings from her former husband - and her fiancé’s father - who will be among the 100 or so guests on the big day.

"He has always supported us," Elisabeth added.

Source: Irish Mirror

See also BBC report

Pic of the happy couple below. Source :AFP.

1 Share

Re: Man Marries Stepmother. by Danhumprey: 7:38am On Oct 05, 2014
Chai!cry

1 Like

Re: Man Marries Stepmother. by Nobody: 7:42am On Oct 05, 2014
Danhumprey:
Chai!cry

Naa...true story. grin
Re: Man Marries Stepmother. by chimerase2: 7:43am On Oct 05, 2014
Chai grin
Re: Man Marries Stepmother. by yungEX(m): 7:49am On Oct 05, 2014
see as dey wowo sef

7 Likes

Re: Man Marries Stepmother. by SirHouloo(m): 7:53am On Oct 05, 2014
The bible is seriously against this!
Re: Man Marries Stepmother. by echobee(f): 7:56am On Oct 05, 2014
Things re happening. sad
Re: Man Marries Stepmother. by Rikidony(m): 7:58am On Oct 05, 2014
OP U NO WELL OO. NA 45 AND 48 YEARS OLD PEOPLE OLD REACH LIKE THAT.

1 Like

Re: Man Marries Stepmother. by anyicee67(m): 8:27am On Oct 05, 2014
Aruu , abominable abomination.
Re: Man Marries Stepmother. by qadeerkug(m): 8:47am On Oct 05, 2014
pooh God forbide cry
Re: Man Marries Stepmother. by Ahmed0336(m): 9:02am On Oct 05, 2014
Tufiakwa!!!! angry
Re: Man Marries Stepmother. by Thorerah(f): 9:04am On Oct 05, 2014
This is what happens when you go and marry your kids' age mate...
Re: Man Marries Stepmother. by Airforce1(m): 9:09am On Oct 05, 2014
I'm not muslim but I ate enough awoof sallah meat

To god be the glory
Re: Man Marries Stepmother. by Nobody: 10:45am On Oct 05, 2014
End time things..see as them wowor like their brain.

1 Like

Re: Man Marries Stepmother. by Nobody: 11:47am On Oct 05, 2014
This is the kind of rubbish things that happens in europe
Re: Man Marries Stepmother. by Nobody: 11:48am On Oct 05, 2014
They look lipsrsealed
Re: Man Marries Stepmother. by Begonia(m): 11:53am On Oct 05, 2014
Why do they look so old
Re: Man Marries Stepmother. by foxyac3(m): 12:06pm On Oct 05, 2014
Aii! See french clients.
Re: Man Marries Stepmother. by Bimpe29: 12:08pm On Oct 05, 2014
Madness of the highest order.
Re: Man Marries Stepmother. by Ishilove: 12:20pm On Oct 05, 2014
48?

She looks 58 undecided

Wait, I thought it is abominable to sleep with a woman your father has slept with? shocked embarassed Smh. Iriri aye
Re: Man Marries Stepmother. by natureblack(m): 6:12pm On Oct 05, 2014
It's not only in Africa people are witch-hunted undecided

Give me a reason I shouldn't believe that the dude is cursed

You mean for all the congo wey dey dis world,na de one wey him papa don shine wella sotay him marry am,na him de ode like pass.

#iweak
Re: Man Marries Stepmother. by PastorOluT(m): 7:19pm On Oct 05, 2014
SirHouloo:
The bible is seriously against this!

Against what, are u sure u know what the bible says about that?

When the foundations is destroyed what can d righteous do? The foundation was destroyed at the first instance as at when the man had her n ex her, so d son is only continuing on a faulty foundation in which they are all doomed.

The problem with man is that we usually see lesser n greater evil forgetting that evil is evil.
Re: Man Marries Stepmother. by SirHouloo(m): 8:20pm On Oct 05, 2014
PastorOluT:

Against what, are u sure u know what the bible says about that?

When the foundations is destroyed what can d righteous do? The foundation was destroyed at the first instance as at when the man had her n ex her, so d son is only continuing on a faulty foundation in which they are all doomed.

The problem with man is that we usually see lesser n greater evil forgetting that evil is evil.
Lev 18 vs 8 The unclothedness of your father’s wife you shall not uncover; it is your father’s unclothedness.
Re: Man Marries Stepmother. by PastorOluT(m): 8:37pm On Oct 05, 2014
SirHouloo:

Lev 18 vs 8 The unclothedness of your father’s wife you shall not uncover; it is your father’s unclothedness.

We are not under the law anymore massa, bt that's not the point anyways. Under this dispensation of the spirit it is what is acceptable to the spirit n what is not. I am talking about evil being evil no matter how it was committed, and once u have gone astray u don't look at the lesser evil committed after.

Hope u understand this?
Re: Man Marries Stepmother. by SirHouloo(m): 9:20pm On Oct 05, 2014
PastorOluT:

We are not under the law anymore massa, bt that's not the point anyways. Under this dispensation of the spirit it is what is acceptable to the spirit n what is not. I am talking about evil being evil no matter how it was committed, and once u have gone astray u don't look at the lesser evil committed after.

Hope u understand this?
Matthew 5 vs 32 But I say to you that whoever divorces his wife for any reason except sexual immorality causes her to commit adultery; and whoever marries a woman who is divorced commits adultery.
New testament this time...
Re: Man Marries Stepmother. by PastorOluT(m): 9:40pm On Oct 05, 2014
SirHouloo:

Matthew 5 vs 32 But I say to you that whoever divorces his wife for any reason except sexual immorality causes her to commit adultery; and whoever marries a woman who is divorced commits adultery.
New testament this time...

I don't want to believe u have problem with comprehension?

(1) (Reply)

World’s Most Flexible Woman Releases Stunning Calendar 2015 / Your Sexiest African Female Celebrity (join The Poll) / Meet Nigeria's Most Beautiful Couple? Ik Ogbonna Named 'sexiest Man Alive'..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.