Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,012 members, 7,821,547 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:48 PM

How Can I Get My Story Published In One Of Our Dailys? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / How Can I Get My Story Published In One Of Our Dailys? (414 Views)

See What Boko Haram Has Done-pictures Never Published Before / This Is My Story / Ecobank And Its Misleading Published Finacial Report For Year 2010 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Can I Get My Story Published In One Of Our Dailys? by belovedsamex(m): 11:19am On Oct 05, 2014
i have written a vivid account of my personal experience during my NYSC and i wish to get this published in a daily news paper. pls does anyone know how i could do this? how can i reach the editors of d dailies with my story? some email addresses i got on the news papers my mails cudnt deliver to them. i need your idea ok, tanx.
Re: How Can I Get My Story Published In One Of Our Dailys? by Lovetinz(m): 11:44am On Oct 05, 2014
All published newspapers carry the name and address of their editors. (It is a legal requirement).

That said, The editor may choose to publish your material or not. It is up to him to decide whether your story fits in his paper.

Best way is to send your story by courier to as many papers as you can. Also, don't stop writing, Editors dont like One-off writers.
You might want to get an experienced writer to to give your material a look-over before sending it.

Good luck.
Re: How Can I Get My Story Published In One Of Our Dailys? by belovedsamex(m): 12:21pm On Oct 05, 2014
ok. i think that's quite informing. with your advise, i will look for an experienced writer to mentor me cos i wana start a writing career. secondly i will send to as many newspapers as possible. tanx bro @Lovetinz

(1) (Reply)

Why Is It That Guys Lack Financial Discipline? / Singles Meets / Extend Your Business with good partner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.