Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,704 members, 7,816,888 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:27 PM

Any Good Nigerian Movies Lately? - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Any Good Nigerian Movies Lately? (1117 Views)

Free Nigerian Movies: Leave onlinenigeria.com alone / Best Nigerian Movies / To Watch Nigerian Movies Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Any Good Nigerian Movies Lately? by DavidDylan(m): 6:28am On Nov 09, 2008
Someone help me out here, i'm on a quest to locate nollywood's best movies.
I've heard "letters from a stranger" is the rave of the moment but i thot it was too weepy and boring. Has anyone seen some outstanding movies lately? Surely there must be one or two.

What do you think about Lancelot Imasuen's movies? I happen to think he's the best director out there . . . and there's Emem Isong too.

Here goes nothing . . . Nollywood lovers . . . thanks for helping a patriotic brother.
Re: Any Good Nigerian Movies Lately? by DavidDylan(m): 7:39am On Nov 09, 2008
I stumbled on a movie with pretty good reviews - Traumatized . . .

Well turns out i'm the one being traumatized here, overly long adverts, film starts with a lot of unintelligible noise making, some kid is obviously trying to kill herself with a kitchen knife after being "raped" by a mystery guy . . . how he escaped outa the house without being seen is another movie on its own.
Is the camera being used to shoot the movie a camcoder? undecided

Ok noise is over, the "raped" chic (who happens to be fully clothed) has stopped crying, movie about to start . . . hopefully i can soldier on and see this to a logical conclusion.
Re: Any Good Nigerian Movies Lately? by DavidDylan(m): 7:24pm On Nov 09, 2008
Didnt finish it, it was that traumatizingly bad. I'll try another one tonight.
Re: Any Good Nigerian Movies Lately? by spikedcylinder: 9:13am On Nov 10, 2008
Good Nigerian movies? Good luck finding those. . . . undecided
Re: Any Good Nigerian Movies Lately? by MadMax1(f): 12:23pm On Nov 10, 2008
I don't know about recent, can't recall when I last saw something good and Nollywood, but I know I saw Games Women Play, and though it was obviously the Nigerian remake of some foreigh movie, I had a good time.
Re: Any Good Nigerian Movies Lately? by vescucci(m): 1:48pm On Nov 10, 2008
@David. You're either very big on optimism or you do not know that 'Nigerian movies' and 'good' are mutually exclusive.

By Nigerian movies, I mean the majority anyway. I also believe there's bound to be one I can watch if I was on death row and there was nothing else to do. On second thought I'd pray to God.

(1) (Reply)

Why There Will Be Crap On Nigerian Television For A Long Time To Come / [PICTURE] Nollywood Release Dorobucci Movie / Innovation - NTA Creates The Best TV App So Far, With Live Streaming

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.