Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,494 members, 7,836,927 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:39 PM

Lagosians And Their Unending Culture Of Lies - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Lagosians And Their Unending Culture Of Lies (589 Views)

Lagosians Challenge Military Officers For Driving Against Traffic (Pictures) / For All Badagrians,songosians, (lagosians And Ogun) Only / Lagosians And Helmets On Motorbike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Lagosians And Their Unending Culture Of Lies by zicoraads: 6:07pm On Oct 06, 2014
It is true almost everyone tells a lie once in a while, but over the years I have been amazed at how lying has become a part of those living in Lagos. I have met and interacted with people from different backgrounds: ethnic, religion, social etc. but one issue that stands people who live or have lived in Lagos out, is how they tell lies.

This issue came to the fore as a result of an incident that happened today. A friend(whom I haven't seen in a long time)and I went out today. After talking about work, family, Nigeria, Jonathan etc. we settled down to the 'main' gist, women! Since the last time we saw was on the day we collected our call-up letter, we started by talking about our NYSC experience; naturally, with camp.

Everyone who has been to camp knows that, for some ladies, its all about meeting a guy who can buy chicken and chips, give them good treats for the entire duration of camp. And that was how my friend met Oge. Cute girl, who 'claimed' to have graduated from Covenant University.

They became very close in camp, always going for camp activities together. The parades, lectures, night activities, and even Mami activities. Oge ate breakfast, lunch and dinner in Mami, with James always footing the bills for both of them. He spent a lot in camp.

Fast forward 3 weeks, camp over; my friend redeployed back to Abuja, while Oge stayed back in Ondo. After settling down in Abuja, he decided to visit her in Lagos. Then came the excuses, excuses and excuses. Now for someone who claims to have her own apartment in Lekki, well, your guess is as good as mine.

A friend of mine who lives in Ajah once told me that, if a Lagosian, especially a lady tells you she is living in Lekki or V.I, then she is most likely living in a crowded, sometimes dirty environs. Harry, Chucks, Glory and Smart; all Lagosians whom I met at different times and whose lives can best be described as fake.

As my friend once commented; 'most of the people living in Lagos are as fake as they come; lying has become a part of their lives'.
Re: Lagosians And Their Unending Culture Of Lies by Sheikwonder(m): 6:27pm On Oct 06, 2014
In a city of 21 million people,you pick a couple of isolated incidents and claim that Lagosians are liars.
Let's play along with this line of reasoning: I've visited Onitsha twice and those two times,i've been robbed.Ergo,Anambrans are Thieves.
Then there's the frequent kidnappings there,so I'll add that they are Kidnappers there...and the baby factories,money rituals etc. To sum it up,i could conclude that most Anambrans are vile.
But i could be no further from the truth.The people there are friendly and industrious.There's the occasional bad egg of course,but it would be invidious of me to suggest that all of them are bad.
Your generalization is faulty and it creates unnecessary bias...

(1) (Reply)

Robert Downey Jr Hails Marvel For Making "Black Panther" And "Captain Marvel" / Are You From Seme? / How I Deceived All The Ladies Who Wanted Marriage From Me – Actor Yomi Fash-lans

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.