Stats: 3,150,724 members, 7,809,762 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:27 PM

Ronaldo/messi, Who Should B Named Ballon D`0r Winner 2014/15 Season.#see 10facts - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ronaldo/messi, Who Should B Named Ballon D`0r Winner 2014/15 Season.#see 10facts (5431 Views)

Leaked!!!lionel Messi Wins 2013 Ballon D Or / Who Deserves Ballon D Or 2014 / Final Three World Best Players Nominees (fifa Ballon D Or) (2) (3) (4)

Ronaldo/messi, Who Should B Named Ballon D`0r Winner 2014/15 Season.#see 10facts by dharay99: 9:14pm On Oct 06, 2014
10 Amazing Records Of Cristiano
Ronaldo
On Field Records
1. While playing for
Manchester United, Ronaldo
broke George Best’s 33 goal
scoring record, which was
originally set in the 1967–68
season. Being inducted in to the
Manchester United Football Club
made Ronaldo the first ever
Portugese to play for the
football club.
————————————————————
2. Ronaldo became the top
European league player to reach
a milestone of 40 goals in a
single season and that too
executing the task for two
consecutive years.
————————————————————
3. Ronaldo also broke the
record of reaching one hundred
league goals in the shortest
time possible, making him the
fastest player in Real Madrid to
do so. This record will also
include Ronaldo being the first
player to reach the status of
becoming the first player ever to
score against every team in a
single season in the ‘La Liga’.
In addition, while playing for
Real Madrid, he also reached
the record for scoring the most
goals in a single season, which
attributed to most goals being
scored in a single minute for the
same Club.
————————————————————
4. Ronaldo has executed 7
hat tricks in a single football
season, which is the highest
number of hat tricks in a football
season.
————————————————————
5. He became the only player
ever to play for Sporting’s
under-16, under-17, under-18,
B-team, and the first team, all
within one season.
Accolades And Awards
6. While playing for
Manchester United in the
Premier League, Cristiano
Ronaldo became only the 3rd
player in the history of the
league to receive the Barclays
Player of the Month honors for
two consecutive months for
November and December 2006.
The only two remaining players
who received the same award
were: Robbie Fowler, who
received the award in 1996, and
Dennis Bergkamp, who received
it in 1997.
————————————————————
7. Ronaldo has won the
Ballon d’Or award twice, which
is a prestigious football award
granted annually to the player
who has displayed impressive
performance in the previous
year. The selection of the player
goes through a strict regime,
taking votes from players,
coaches and captains who
belong to different teams. The
fact that Ronaldo become the
first Portuguese footballer to win
the award twice makes it an
impressive feat indeed.
————————————————————
8. In addition to winning the
award, Ronaldo also became the
first player in England to grab all
four main PFA and FWA awards,
which he had done in season of
————————————————————
9. Four days after suffering a
car accident, Ronaldo became
the first player in the Premier
League player to be named the
FIFA World Player of the Year. In
this way, he also became the
first Portuguese player to win
the award since Luís Figo in
————————————————————
10. Cristiano Ronaldo was
awarded the European Golden
Shoe in the years 2008 and
2011, and is only the 7th player
in the history of the game to win
the award on two occasions.
The remaining players who have
been able to replicate this feat
are Lionel Messi, Thierry Henry,
Fernando Gomes, Ally McCoist,
Dudu Georgescu, Gerd Müller.
However, while winning the
award twice, Ronaldo also
became the only player to claim
it while playing for two different
leagues (English Premier League
and Spanish La Liga).
Other Record
Ronaldo became the most
expensive player in football
history when he was transferred
from Manchester United to Real
Madrid. The transfer took place
in 2009 and was worth £80
million, which is equivalent to
$131.6 million, the record now
has been broken by Gareth Bale
who was transferred from
Tottenham Hotspur to real
madrid in €100 which is
equivalent to $136.77 million.
Ronaldo’s current contract with
Real Madrid states that he is
being paid €21 million per year,
making him the most expensive
football player in the world.

Now to Lion messi..
Ten fun facts about Lionel Messi

Fact 1
Messi has won six La Ligas, two Copas del Rey, five Supercopas de España, three UEFA Champions Leagues, two UEFA Super Cups and two Club World Cups.

Fact 2
He serves as the captain of his country's national football team.

Fact 3
Messi is the first and only player to top-score in four consecutive Champions League campaigns, and also holds the record for the most hat-tricks scored in the history of the competition.

Fact 4
Messi helped Argentina win the 2005 FIFA U-20 World Cup, finishing as both the best player and the top scorer (with 6 goals).

Fact 5
By the age of 21, Messi had received Ballon d’Or and FIFA World Player of the Year nominations. The following year, in 2009, he won his first Ballon d'Or and FIFA World Player of the Year awards. He followed this up by winning the inaugural FIFA Ballon d'Or in 2010, and then again in 2011 & 2012.

Fact 6
He also won the 2010–11 UEFA Best Player in Europe Award.

Fact 7
At the age of 24, Messi became Barcelona’s all-time top scorer in all official club competitions.

Fact 8
He is widely recognized as the best player in the world and rated by some commentators, coaches and players as the greatest footballer of all time.

Fact 9
Messi is the first football player in history to win four FIFA/Ballons d'Or, all of which he won consecutively, as well as the first to win three European Golden Shoe awards.

Fact 10
At age 25, Messi became the youngest player to score 200 La Liga goals.

Buh based on ds year's current performances...Messi shuld step down 4d big boss..cr.7 grin grin grin grin

Re: Ronaldo/messi, Who Should B Named Ballon D`0r Winner 2014/15 Season.#see 10facts by naturally: 9:53pm On Oct 06, 2014
Lack of motivation
Re: Ronaldo/messi, Who Should B Named Ballon D`0r Winner 2014/15 Season.#see 10facts by Yustash001(m): 9:56pm On Oct 06, 2014
0p...Wetin ronaldo play for 2014 world cup wey make him deserve world best....btw.,,u only made mention of ronaldo and messi...are there no other players that deserve it?

Re: Ronaldo/messi, Who Should B Named Ballon D`0r Winner 2014/15 Season.#see 10facts by Chanchit: 10:12pm On Oct 06, 2014
Mtcheeew, after taking time to analyse ronaldo's silly records and stating Messi's record in a jiffy, its still very easy to know who has better records, anyway, you ended ur biased facts by begging Messi to allow ronaldo this season, same way you guys begged last year.

Re: Ronaldo/messi, Who Should B Named Ballon D`0r Winner 2014/15 Season.#see 10facts by miembamish(m): 12:07am On Oct 07, 2014
[color=#006600][/color] ;DFor this season alone, Messi neva see CR7 brakelight na........

Re: Ronaldo/messi, Who Should B Named Ballon D`0r Winner 2014/15 Season.#see 10facts by miembamish(m): 7:08am On Oct 07, 2014
Yustash001:
0p...Wetin ronaldo play for 2014 world cup wey make him deserve world best....btw.,,u only made mention of ronaldo and messi...are there no other players that deserve it?
Incase u weren't aware, CR7 wasn't fit for dat Worldcup. His coach had to risk him

Re: Ronaldo/messi, Who Should B Named Ballon D`0r Winner 2014/15 Season.#see 10facts by Nobody: 7:25am On Oct 07, 2014
Ronaldo sure wasn't fit for the world cup,he was on observation and treatment!......even the comentators says they shouldn't have allowed him to play.....messi has tried,but dis year is CR7 all da way!

Re: Ronaldo/messi, Who Should B Named Ballon D`0r Winner 2014/15 Season.#see 10facts by dharay99: 7:31am On Oct 07, 2014
Chanchit:
Mtcheeew, after taking time to analyse ronaldo's silly records and stating Messi's record in a jiffy, its still very easy to know who has better records, anyway, you ended ur biased facts by begging Messi to allow ronaldo this season, same way you guys begged last year.

Go hang urself Na...seems u didnt see where I wrote "based on ds yrs performance"

Re: Ronaldo/messi, Who Should B Named Ballon D`0r Winner 2014/15 Season.#see 10facts by dharay99: 7:35am On Oct 07, 2014
Yustash001:

I said it ryt from d beginning of dt world cup, Ronaldo neva fit. He was still battling wid sum injuries...buh u know as a star player. He gasto play. grin nd to me, no oda player cums close 2 winning dt stuff. Almost all d big teams wid big players were knocked out...so.?
Re: Ronaldo/messi, Who Should B Named Ballon D`0r Winner 2014/15 Season.#see 10facts by linnyx: 8:02am On Oct 07, 2014
You seem to forget Messi suffered injuries for the better part of last season. All the same you're biased in ur write up so...
Re: Ronaldo/messi, Who Should B Named Ballon D`0r Winner 2014/15 Season.#see 10facts by tuffgongjo(m): 8:18am On Oct 07, 2014
Based on last season's performances especially the La decima winning fit,d ucl 17goals$Cr's early performance this season couple with Messi's under par season(though better than most players)Ronaldo is prime to win d ballon d'or.

Re: Ronaldo/messi, Who Should B Named Ballon D`0r Winner 2014/15 Season.#see 10facts by dharay99: 8:26am On Oct 07, 2014
linnyx:
You seem to forget Messi suffered injuries for the better part of last season. All the same you're biased in ur write up so...

Oh..so now datz 1-1 uhh.? Ok telme Wah abt current performance 4ds new season. Ur messi still get injury abi.. grin grin

Re: Ronaldo/messi, Who Should B Named Ballon D`0r Winner 2014/15 Season.#see 10facts by Krasid(m): 8:27am On Oct 07, 2014
linnyx:
Ronaldo also had his fair share of injuries towards the end of last season.
Re: Ronaldo/messi, Who Should B Named Ballon D`0r Winner 2014/15 Season.#see 10facts by Chanchit: 8:50am On Oct 07, 2014
dharay99:

Go hang urself Na...seems u didnt see where I wrote "based on ds yrs performance"

Ogbeni, if its based on this yrs performance, then Messi is winning it, because its a world cup year, and we both know howfar your ronaldo could'nt get pass the group stage.
Re: Ronaldo/messi, Who Should B Named Ballon D`0r Winner 2014/15 Season.#see 10facts by onyeomaonyeoma(m): 9:14am On Oct 07, 2014
Chanchit:

Ogbeni, if its based on this yrs performance, then Messi is winning it, because its a world cup year, and we both know howfar your ronaldo could'nt get pass the group stage.
guy is like u are a learner?............what happened in 2010 will repeat itself. based on overall performance dis yr CR7 is winning it.

Re: Ronaldo/messi, Who Should B Named Ballon D`0r Winner 2014/15 Season.#see 10facts by dharay99: 9:15am On Oct 07, 2014
Chanchit:

World cup dat lasted 4 a month huh... lmfao.! Nd Hw cum messi culdnt dismantle d Germans lyk maradona did in his dayz. U win silver, u dey make mouth. cheesy

Re: Ronaldo/messi, Who Should B Named Ballon D`0r Winner 2014/15 Season.#see 10facts by linnyx: 9:20am On Oct 07, 2014
dharay99:

Oh..so now datz 1-1 uhh.? Ok telme Wah abt current performance 4ds new season. Ur messi still get injury abi.. grin grin

Stop consoling urself son... I know you'll say the league is still in its early days but currently I see 3 teams in front of Madrid on d league table. I love ronaldo, same as I love messi, Di Maria, hazard, robben and every good player... But I prefer players who contribute more to a team than just scoring goals; check Zinedine Zidane for instance - my all time best

Anyways, d writeup is full of biase and sentiments... Wait till d end of d season... We ll find out then

Re: Ronaldo/messi, Who Should B Named Ballon D`0r Winner 2014/15 Season.#see 10facts by isick(m): 9:37am On Oct 07, 2014
Yustash001:
for example
Re: Ronaldo/messi, Who Should B Named Ballon D`0r Winner 2014/15 Season.#see 10facts by isick(m): 9:39am On Oct 07, 2014
miembamish:
[color=#006600][/color] ;DFor this season alone, Messi neva see CR7 brakelight na........
asin
Re: Ronaldo/messi, Who Should B Named Ballon D`0r Winner 2014/15 Season.#see 10facts by ademi87(m): 10:48am On Oct 07, 2014
shocked :oam I cin wat ayam cin Messi ke!!! Dis season? Lailai ko joooor... E go theif am? Pple no dey remeber who kari 2nd if u wan judge by dat world cup ooo...neil amstrong was d 1st man to travel to d moon we learnt dat wen I was in secondary skul.who was d second? We dnt knw nao.....but dis season wey we don see so far OMO MI C.ORORO a.k. Baba iya anybody just dey burst net anyhw ni ke!!! Nd make I tel u again ronaldo won champions league last season ooo not "came second" U hear?

Re: Ronaldo/messi, Who Should B Named Ballon D`0r Winner 2014/15 Season.#see 10facts by incredibleone: 11:11am On Oct 07, 2014
JESUSchoice:
Ronaldo sure wasn't fit for the world cup,he was on observation and treatment!......even the comentators says they shouldn't have allowed him to play.....messi has tried,but dis year is CR7 all da way!
a certain Diego costa doesn't even train,fitness only reduced ur ability and strength,if ronaldo had converted all the one on one against ghana keeper,portugal would av been tru.....Ronaldo was too poor,injury really isn't an excuse

Re: Ronaldo/messi, Who Should B Named Ballon D`0r Winner 2014/15 Season.#see 10facts by Chanchit: 11:14am On Oct 07, 2014
dharay99:

World cup dat lasted 4 a month huh... lmfao.! Nd Hw cum messi culdnt dismantle d Germans lyk maradona did in his dayz. U win silver, u dey make mouth. cheesy

No P, the thing go be like dream for ur eyes.
Re: Ronaldo/messi, Who Should B Named Ballon D`0r Winner 2014/15 Season.#see 10facts by dharay99: 3:10pm On Oct 07, 2014
Chanchit:

No P, the thing go be like dream for ur eyes.

As e b lyk dream wen Ronaldo carry champions league. grin
Re: Ronaldo/messi, Who Should B Named Ballon D`0r Winner 2014/15 Season.#see 10facts by dharay99: 3:10pm On Oct 07, 2014
ademi87:
shocked :oam I cin wat ayam cin Messi ke!!! Dis season? Lailai ko joooor... E go theif am? Pple no dey remeber who kari 2nd if u wan judge by dat world cup ooo...neil amstrong was d 1st man to travel to d moon we learnt dat wen I was in secondary skul.who was d second? We dnt knw nao.....but dis season wey we don see so far OMO MI C.ORORO a.k. Baba iya anybody just dey burst net anyhw ni ke!!! Nd make I tel u again ronaldo won champions league last season ooo not "came second" U hear?

O boy, tell dem more. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Ronaldo/messi, Who Should B Named Ballon D`0r Winner 2014/15 Season.#see 10facts by dharay99: 3:12pm On Oct 07, 2014
linnyx:

Stop consoling urself son... I know you'll say the league is still in its early days but currently I see 3 teams in front of Madrid on d league table. I love ronaldo, same as I love messi, Di Maria, hazard, robben and every good player... But I prefer players who contribute more to a team than just scoring goals; check Zinedine Zidane for instance - my all time best

Anyways, d writeup is full of biase and sentiments... Wait till d end of d season... We ll find out then

Ok..messi should win d stuff...hope no more cries. tongue
Re: Ronaldo/messi, Who Should B Named Ballon D`0r Winner 2014/15 Season.#see 10facts by Princecalm(m): 3:47pm On Oct 07, 2014
If you pple are really laying emphasis on the WC,then why did Sneilder,Iniester or Xavi did not win the Ballon d or in '10

Re: Ronaldo/messi, Who Should B Named Ballon D`0r Winner 2014/15 Season.#see 10facts by feyif(f): 6:35pm On Oct 07, 2014
I Will Give It To Messi Cos Dis Season Alone, He Has 5 Goals And 6 Assists In 6 La liga Matches,He Is A Team Player!
Re: Ronaldo/messi, Who Should B Named Ballon D`0r Winner 2014/15 Season.#see 10facts by Chanchit: 6:52pm On Oct 07, 2014
dharay99:

As e b lyk dream wen Ronaldo carry champions league. grin

ronaldo did not win the CL for madrid, Sergio Ramos did, remember his goals against dormund and athletico they are both life saving goals, ronaldo only scores when the storm is calm.
Re: Ronaldo/messi, Who Should B Named Ballon D`0r Winner 2014/15 Season.#see 10facts by dharay99: 7:53pm On Oct 07, 2014
Chanchit:

ronaldo did not win the CL for madrid, Sergio Ramos did, remember his goals against dormund and athletico they are both life saving goals, ronaldo only scores when the storm is calm.

WHAT.!! shocked Telme doz goals he scored from group stage Till d final were all 4 Nuffin...telme Na. undecided
Re: Ronaldo/messi, Who Should B Named Ballon D`0r Winner 2014/15 Season.#see 10facts by cr7lomo: 8:14pm On Oct 07, 2014
feyif:
I Will Give It To Messi Cos Dis Season Alone, He Has 5 Goals And 6 Assists In 6 La liga Matches,He Is A Team Player!

Stop decieving urself , when messi won d award due to number of goals in a yr , no one challenged but now that his lacking behind cr7 in goals , u shift to assist . Lmao
Re: Ronaldo/messi, Who Should B Named Ballon D`0r Winner 2014/15 Season.#see 10facts by dharay99: 8:45pm On Oct 07, 2014
Shift to assist to rciv ballon d'or. grin grin grin grin lmfao. tongue
Re: Ronaldo/messi, Who Should B Named Ballon D`0r Winner 2014/15 Season.#see 10facts by Nobody: 11:45pm On Oct 07, 2014
incredibleone:
a certain Diego costa doesn't even train,fitness only reduced ur ability and strength,if ronaldo had converted all the one on one against ghana keeper,portugal would av been tru.....Ronaldo was too poor,injury really isn't an excuse
nupe ,acording to Ssport fitness review,he still had dat sharp pain on the inside of his right foot...he forced himself to play...btw u said fitness reduces ability and strength,..chai, i don laff tire....

My Free 2odds Daily ( Consistent Winning) Thread Removed / Tokyo2020: Star Beer Partners Nigeria Olympic Committee To Support Team Nigeria / Usain Bolt Disqualified For False Start!

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50