Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,587 members, 7,820,116 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:01 AM

How Do You Control Your Anger - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / How Do You Control Your Anger (925 Views)

How Do You Control Rising Manliness In Public? / Of Anger And Shame In Africa / How Do You Manage Your Anger? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do You Control Your Anger by Obiomon: 9:26pm On Oct 06, 2014
Please guys I really need your help I have realized that when ever am angry I do a lot of crazy and stupid things and will later come back to my senses seeing that I have spoilt a lot of things! I just you to tell me what you do to get over your anger whenever you've been offended. And you can advice me on what to do! Thanks
Re: How Do You Control Your Anger by Nobody: 9:41pm On Oct 06, 2014
You need Jesus
Re: How Do You Control Your Anger by jacabi(m): 9:53pm On Oct 06, 2014
Well, this is how I handle mine. Before I take any action, I will consider it very well, what are likely to be the end results of that action. In the course of thinking these, I'll be gragually coming down. I have made it a necessity not to react immediately I'm offended. Above all, I used to tell myself that I can do thesame thing and that if I react, my level of maturity is low. Op, let it be at the back of your mind that, you want to be less reactive to offences and with time, it'll become part of you.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Control Your Anger by Nobody: 10:05am On Oct 07, 2014
I count 1-10 in my mind,sometimes it works perfectly and I calm down.Other times when it doesn't,people around me are advised to run for their lives or hide their tooth brushes,I'm one of those who uses toothbrush to scrub the toilet when angry angry
Re: How Do You Control Your Anger by eleojo23: 10:21am On Oct 07, 2014
I've posted this on this forum before but let me repeat it here perhaps it might be of help. Try the following and you may not even have to get angry in the first place.

1. Talk Yourself out of being offended
In the heat of the moment, try asking yourself these questions:
“What am I getting so bent out of shape for? Does this really matter? What’s the big deal?” Reason with yourself: “Did he really mean it the way I perceived it? ‘’what is he really trying to say?”
Remember, the reason we usually feel offended/angry is because of the meaning we attach to what is said or done: “That means he really doesn’t care!” “She’s saying I am no good!” “I knew he didn’t really love me!” “She wouldn’t say that if she was …” And so the internal interpretation goes. So simply reframe it. Talk yourself out of the offense. Know that the person is simply expressing his opinion. You will be happier as you learn to talk yourself out of offence.

2. Reserve Judgment, don’t be quick to conclude. Delay your response
Delay judgment until the conversation has run its course. You just may find there is no offense to be had or nothing to be angry about by the time you get to the end.

3: Accept Imperfection

We all have foibles, idiosyncrasies and personality and character flaws. Yours just may be different than mine. So don’t hold on to the imperfections of others so tightly that you strangle yourself in the process!
Part of accepting others’ imperfections is also learning to forgive them their past mistakes (so the current problem isn’t blown out of proportion as an extension of a previous problem unresolved) Remember, people are imperfect. You are imperfect. Life is imperfect.
Re: How Do You Control Your Anger by okotv(m): 10:39am On Oct 07, 2014
eleojo23:
I've posted this on this forum before but let me repeat it here perhaps it might be of help. Try the following and you may not even have to get angry in the first place.

1. Talk Yourself out of being offended
In the heat of the moment, try asking yourself these questions:
“What am I getting so bent out of shape for? Does this really matter? What’s the big deal?” Reason with yourself: “Did he really mean it the way I perceived it? ‘’what is he really trying to say?”
Remember, the reason we usually feel offended/angry is because of the meaning we attach to what is said or done: “That means he really doesn’t care!” “She’s saying I am no good!” “I knew he didn’t really love me!” “She wouldn’t say that if she was …” And so the internal interpretation goes. So simply reframe it. Talk yourself out of the offense. Know that the person is simply expressing his opinion. You will be happier as you learn to talk yourself out of offence.

2. Reserve Judgment, don’t be quick to conclude. Delay your response
Delay judgment until the conversation has run its course. You just may find there is no offense to be had or nothing to be angry about by the time you get to the end.

3: Accept Imperfection

We all have foibles, idiosyncrasies and personality and character flaws. Yours just may be different than mine. So don’t hold on to the imperfections of others so tightly that you strangle yourself in the process!
Part of accepting others’ imperfections is also learning to forgive them their past mistakes (so the current problem isn’t blown out of proportion as an extension of a previous problem unresolved) Remember, people are imperfect. You are imperfect. Life is imperfect.

nice one...thank you for sharing again

(1) (Reply)

Married Women Better Cheats Than Men – Studies / FINALLY!!! Killer of Osama Bin Laden reveal / The Incredible Moment Police Smashed Their Way Into A Woman's Sinking BMW

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.