Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,667 members, 7,816,733 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:02 PM

What Are The Investment Opportunities Available In Nigerian Banks? - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / What Are The Investment Opportunities Available In Nigerian Banks? (982 Views)

Investment Opportunities Available In Nigeria / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Are The Investment Opportunities Available In Nigerian Banks? by Nobody: 12:49am On Oct 07, 2014
Hello Guys!

So I was thinking, before I went back to school, I worked for about a year of which I made about 100k, they are all in the deposit of my choice bank, now am a student, the money has been lying fallow cos my parent takes care of my needs in school and I haven't had any reason to make withdrawals or what so ever!
The money is just there no addition no subtraction, so I began to think,if probably, there was some kind of investment opportunity available to savings account holders in any of the nigerian banks that I can bet my money into with low risk, so that at least at the end of the day, I can be gaining a little percentage and as a student use it to carter for my (Personal; here I mean those things I wouldn't want to task my parent much about,esp. Given the fact that 'no be only me dem born) needs if any arises.

Abeg bankers in the house help me out and probably lots of other folks out there who would want to invest their penny!

Tags:
Seun
Mynd44

Please help move it to front page
Re: What Are The Investment Opportunities Available In Nigerian Banks? by excelway(m): 12:57am On Oct 07, 2014
Re: What Are The Investment Opportunities Available In Nigerian Banks? by Nobody: 1:16am On Oct 07, 2014
well i can just advise that instead of just keeping it in a savings account. you can ask your bank to place it in a fixed deposit for you. there you will get interest rates of about 7%(depends on the bank). and at least you'll see about N800/month. it may not meet your needs but its def better than keeping it fallow in a sav account.
Re: What Are The Investment Opportunities Available In Nigerian Banks? by Nobody: 6:07am On Oct 07, 2014
Or you can invest it into Treasury Bills which offers you a higher interest than Fixed Deposit.

To get more information on TBills investment, kindly squeeze out time to read the TBills Thread.
Re: What Are The Investment Opportunities Available In Nigerian Banks? by Nobody: 11:19am On Oct 07, 2014
Alright, Thank u so much guys!

At least, I'm way informed than I was before I opened this thread. More comment please.

#God Bless
Re: What Are The Investment Opportunities Available In Nigerian Banks? by Nobody: 11:22am On Oct 07, 2014
ifo:
well i can just advise that instead of just keeping it in a savings account. you can ask your bank to place it in a fixed deposit for you. there you will get interest rates of about 7%(depends on the bank). and at least you'll see about N800/month. it may not meet your needs but its def better than keeping it fallow in a sav account.
I hope I wouldn't be asked to make compulsory monthly contributions?
I Awaits ur candid reply!
Re: What Are The Investment Opportunities Available In Nigerian Banks? by Distribusiness(m): 2:13pm On Feb 14, 2023
Good. But you need to develop your knowledge on investment opportunities so that you can use your money to play it smart. Look for legal investment opportunities on property or trading or target savings banks and invest for future harvest.

You may like to read this article on 20 Billionaire Quotes For Financial Freedom And 7 Steps To Enjoy It: https:///2p9fzrdj

Hello Guys!

So I was thinking, before I went back to school, I worked for about a year of which I made about 100k, they are all in the deposit of my choice bank, now am a student, the money has been lying fallow cos my parent takes care of my needs in school and I haven't had any reason to make withdrawals or what so ever!
The money is just there no addition no subtraction, so I began to think,if probably, there was some kind of investment opportunity available to savings account holders in any of the nigerian banks that I can bet my money into with low risk, so that at least at the end of the day, I can be gaining a little percentage and as a student use it to carter for my (Personal; here I mean those things I wouldn't want to task my parent much about,esp. Given the fact that 'no be only me dem born) needs if any arises.

Abeg bankers in the house help me out and probably lots of other folks out there who would want to invest their penny!

Tags:
Seun
Mynd44

Please help move it to front page

(1) (Reply)

10 Reasons Why Your Business Needs An Accounting Software / Qualities Of A FOREX Trader / How To Target 20% Of Capital Daily On Binary Trading.@www.binary.com

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.