Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,063 members, 7,825,368 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 12:40 PM

Who Teaches A Baby How To Say Mummy/daddy - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Who Teaches A Baby How To Say Mummy/daddy (987 Views)

24 Things A Mum Teaches Her Daughter Before Marriage!! / What Kind Of Parent Teaches A nine-year Old Girl How To Use A Submachine Gun?!! / First Pregnancy. First Labor. First Baby. How Was It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Teaches A Baby How To Say Mummy/daddy by Cpumping(m): 7:09am On Oct 07, 2014
I experienced a really beautiful thing yesterday- a baby's first word.
But then I was my imagination in its normal way of over-thinking began asking questions.

Do babies have an default inbulit 'mummy/daddy' first word or do the mothers or fathers keep repeating 'mummy/daddy' so the babies pick them up.
Must a babies first word be mummy/daddy?
What if someone just kept repeating a word like haberdashery, would the baby pick up the word?
Re: Who Teaches A Baby How To Say Mummy/daddy by echobee(f): 7:10am On Oct 07, 2014
Mother earth angry
Re: Who Teaches A Baby How To Say Mummy/daddy by dapsy4u2(m): 7:13am On Oct 07, 2014
The baby grows up to hear such word in his/her immediate environment, the baby then gradually and subconsciously learn to start saying such word(s).

1 Like

Re: Who Teaches A Baby How To Say Mummy/daddy by Cpumping(m): 9:08am On Oct 07, 2014
echobee:
Mother earth angry

O gini. Why so mean
Re: Who Teaches A Baby How To Say Mummy/daddy by MizMyColi(f): 9:34am On Oct 07, 2014
Ifa Oracle sad
Re: Who Teaches A Baby How To Say Mummy/daddy by simplyOJ(m): 9:45am On Oct 07, 2014
dapsy4u2:
The baby grows up to hear such word in his/her immediate environment, the baby then gradually and subconsciously learn to start saying such word(s).
My exact thought. Such words are echoed to the hearing over time. The child naturally learn to assign nana and dada to mummy and daddy.
Re: Who Teaches A Baby How To Say Mummy/daddy by Nobody: 10:31am On Oct 07, 2014
It's amazing how you guys keep conjuring this kinda stúpid questions. It really baffles me. cheesy
Re: Who Teaches A Baby How To Say Mummy/daddy by Cpumping(m): 10:42am On Oct 07, 2014
dapsy4u2:

simplyOJ:

My exact thought. Such words are echoed to the hearing over time. The child naturally learn to assign nana and dada to mummy and daddy.

Wat if probably the baby doesn't hear the word.
Re: Who Teaches A Baby How To Say Mummy/daddy by Nobody: 10:42am On Oct 07, 2014
It's not a must a baby's first word should be mummy or daddy,if a child is born in an environment where words and sentences like ''idi.ot,goat,you're mad" is commonly used,that child would grow to say those words often....My niece's first word is "baby",because her parents call themselve that
Re: Who Teaches A Baby How To Say Mummy/daddy by Cpumping(m): 10:44am On Oct 07, 2014
MizMyColi:
Ifa Oracle sad

Amadioha ko
Re: Who Teaches A Baby How To Say Mummy/daddy by dapsy4u2(m): 11:58am On Oct 07, 2014
Cpumping:

Wat if probably the baby doesn't hear the word.
. That's why I stated that as the baby 'grows' up. It a continuous process not a one time thing.
Re: Who Teaches A Baby How To Say Mummy/daddy by MabraO: 12:44pm On Oct 07, 2014
MizMyColi:
Ifa Oracle sad

Hey u over there
How ve u been?
Re: Who Teaches A Baby How To Say Mummy/daddy by MizMyColi(f): 1:07pm On Oct 07, 2014
MabraO:

Hey u over there
How ve u been?

grin grin

Good Good cool

You?
Re: Who Teaches A Baby How To Say Mummy/daddy by MabraO: 1:11pm On Oct 07, 2014
MizMyColi:

grin grin

Good Good cool

You?

Trying to be good by by his grace
How is life outside NL(work)

1 Like

Re: Who Teaches A Baby How To Say Mummy/daddy by MizMyColi(f): 1:15pm On Oct 07, 2014
MabraO:

Trying to be good by by his grace
How is life outside NL(work)

Fine thanks, yours?
Re: Who Teaches A Baby How To Say Mummy/daddy by MabraO: 1:26pm On Oct 07, 2014
MizMyColi:

Fine thanks, yours?

Can't complain
We pushing it

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

10 Costless Things That’ll Make Her Give You More Love, More Sex. / My Good Family Guys... What Will You Do In This Situation??? / Classmates Tearfully Reunited In Court—as Judge And Suspect

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.