Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,735 members, 7,817,024 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:18 PM

I Need Clarification On Plate Number Registration Standards - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / I Need Clarification On Plate Number Registration Standards (1995 Views)

Do Your Plate Number Registration At A Cheaper Rate / Double Plate Number Registration! How Can This Be Solved / Tokunbo Cars Btw 450,000naira - 5,000,000naira With Number Registration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Clarification On Plate Number Registration Standards by hugeriding: 9:01am On Oct 07, 2014
I did a registration number check on a car am about buying and my contact tell me the plate number I gave him refers to another ride not even the same make (Camry)
Re: I Need Clarification On Plate Number Registration Standards by hugeriding: 9:06am On Oct 07, 2014
hugeriding:
I did a registration number check on a car am about buying and my contact tell me the plate number I gave him refers to another ride not even the same make (Camry)

Please am wary of this development and I need clarification
Re: I Need Clarification On Plate Number Registration Standards by Lovetinz(m): 9:10am On Oct 07, 2014
The car you intend to buy is carrying fake plates, as the plates affixed to it was allocated to another car.
Re: I Need Clarification On Plate Number Registration Standards by hugeriding: 9:16am On Oct 07, 2014
Lovetinz:
The car you intend to buy is carrying fake plates, as the plates affixed to it was allocated to another car.

Thanks dear but why would that happen . Does it mean the car was not duly registered ab initio
Re: I Need Clarification On Plate Number Registration Standards by blexxonmak(m): 9:17am On Oct 07, 2014
Gbam.You got to be very careful.
Re: I Need Clarification On Plate Number Registration Standards by blexxonmak(m): 9:18am On Oct 07, 2014

Lovetinz:
Re: I Need Clarification On Plate Number Registration Standards by hugeriding: 9:18am On Oct 07, 2014
blexxonmak:

Original gobe in yemi alade tone
Re: I Need Clarification On Plate Number Registration Standards by Lovetinz(m): 9:23am On Oct 07, 2014
Car is either not registered or was registered to bear different plates.
Ask for the complete papers and run a full check.
Re: I Need Clarification On Plate Number Registration Standards by hugeriding: 9:31am On Oct 07, 2014
Lovetinz:
Car is either not registered or was registered to bear different plates.
Ask for the complete papers and run a full check.

Please who know about cars being registered to use different plates
Re: I Need Clarification On Plate Number Registration Standards by hugeriding: 9:42am On Oct 07, 2014
If a vehicle is allocated a new plate number can another vehicle legally use it
Re: I Need Clarification On Plate Number Registration Standards by ojmaroni247(m): 9:46am On Oct 07, 2014
Its only dealers dat have full idea of plates,Firstly confirm if its de new plate number,if so ders hardly any cause for alarm cause most pple dont sell der old cars wit de new plate numbers attatched to dem,instead dey transfer de plate to another vehicle and forget to change it in de auto reg system,meaning de number plate on de system would still be bearing the details of de old car,for proper clarification,jst confirm on de system if de name of de person matches de name on de documents of de car he is selling to u,if it does den u hav noting to fear. Go ahead wit de purchase of de vehicle.
Re: I Need Clarification On Plate Number Registration Standards by DjAndroid: 9:52am On Oct 07, 2014
I lost my number plates when I repainted my car. Then I collected my friend's old number plates and fixed, pending when I will get a new one.

Op, it doesn't necessarily mean the car is a stolen one . But tell the seller to clear himself.
Re: I Need Clarification On Plate Number Registration Standards by woltom(m): 10:10am On Oct 07, 2014
This is the controversy caused from the rivalry between FRSC and Lagos state licencing office.

They produce number plate independently and attimes there is coincidence in the generated number.

For example kja 112 ce can be assigned to a camry under Lagos state licencing and the same number generated by FRSC and assigned to honda accord.

You need to verify where the plate was assigned i.e roadsafety or Lagos state Licencing authority to know the ideal place for verification.
Re: I Need Clarification On Plate Number Registration Standards by hugeriding: 10:15am On Oct 07, 2014
ojmaroni247:
Its only dealers dat have full idea of plates,Firstly confirm if its de new plate number,if so ders hardly any cause for alarm cause most pple dont sell der old cars wit de new plate numbers attatched to dem,instead dey transfer de plate to another vehicle and forget to change it in de auto reg system,meaning de number plate on de system would still be bearing the details of de old car,for proper clarification,jst confirm on de system if de name of de person matches de name on de documents of de car he is selling to u,if it does den u hav noting to fear. Go ahead wit de purchase of de vehicle.

Thanks for the perspective
Re: I Need Clarification On Plate Number Registration Standards by hugeriding: 10:21am On Oct 07, 2014
woltom:
This is the controversy caused from the rivalry between FRSC and Lagos state licencing office.

They produce number plate independently and attimes there is coincidence in the generated number.

For example kja 112 ce can be assigned to a camry under Lagos state licencing and the same number generated by FRSC and assigned to honda accord.

You need to verify where the plate was assigned i.e roadsafety or Lagos state Licencing authority to know the ideal place for verification.

Thanks too cos it might not be an issue after all

(1) (Reply)

2005 Lexus Rx330 (tokunbo) in Port Harcourt / #######clean Tokunbo 2004 Infiniti Qx4 With Leather Formica Interior Finishing.. / Tokunbo 2014 Toyota Venza For Sale.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.