Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,351 members, 7,812,003 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:00 AM

Please Check Out This New Website, Student Tours And Travels In Port Harcourt - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Please Check Out This New Website, Student Tours And Travels In Port Harcourt (714 Views)

Please Check This Out And Correct My Mistake / New: Get Paid As An Editor And Post Author In This New Blog. / Guys Please Check Out This Amazing Blog. I Think It Is The Best So Far (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Check Out This New Website, Student Tours And Travels In Port Harcourt by MIGS: 10:46am On Nov 10, 2008
Re: Please Check Out This New Website, Student Tours And Travels In Port Harcourt by SamMilla1(m): 11:48am On Nov 10, 2008
light and flexible,

70/100
Re: Please Check Out This New Website, Student Tours And Travels In Port Harcourt by switchmax8: 12:04pm On Nov 10, 2008
hey,
The site is ok keep the good work
Re: Please Check Out This New Website, Student Tours And Travels In Port Harcourt by yawatide(f): 1:00pm On Nov 10, 2008
It's a new concept. For that, I will give the site 50 right off the bat. I will however deduct points (how many? I dunno at this time) for the following reasons:

1) Contact form doesn't validate. Interestingly, registration form does.

2) I think the nav section, based on layout, has the potential of being a little confusing. Could it gradually catch on, on other sites? sure. Right now though, I still insist that it is outside of the norm of what is seen out there.

3) Photo gallery
a) In FF, hovering over the photos, causes the page to "dance"
b) I think the user, given its concept, could have been better entertained if you will, by a library like lightbox, as opposed to just clicking one photo at a time and waiting for a larger thumbnail to appear. Also, not quite clear that if you click the photo again, you are returned to thumbnail mode. Perhaps this could have been incorporated into some kind of instruction set.

4) Page weight. Nice movie but:
a) http://www.wpiconsult.com/fla.swf is 47KB
b) http://www.wpiconsult.com/img/side_photos.jpg is 46KB

You could optimize them more. If you have tried opening your site at the average cyber cafe in PH where you are and the site opens, fine. I however speak from experience opening various sites at cyber cafes in various cities and the experience has been awful. We have a long way to go with respect to offering better bandwidth solutions.

5) This image in your CSS file can't be found:
www.wpiconsult.com , images/M_images/arrow.png

Nice concept, as I have stated a few times already. Having said that, take a look at my list and see how you can improve on those.

Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Cafe For Sale / Want To Speak With Dhtml / How To Popularise Your Adsense Blog

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.