Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,995 members, 7,821,474 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:31 PM

C++ Tutorial For Beginners... Part 1... - Programming (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / C++ Tutorial For Beginners... Part 1... (18997 Views)

C++ Tutorial Download Link / Java Tutorial For Beginners / Free C++ Tutorial Videos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: C++ Tutorial For Beginners... Part 1... by Nobody: 4:36pm On Oct 17, 2014
picasso4u:

u are really a life saver bro. I comment only when I see d need to. I have really seen d need in did thread. thumps up

wow... thnks bro... i appreciate

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: C++ Tutorial For Beginners... Part 1... by haxorDelite(m): 9:30pm On Oct 17, 2014
Bro, do you do php?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: C++ Tutorial For Beginners... Part 1... by Nobody: 10:01pm On Oct 17, 2014
haxorDelite:
Bro, do you do php?

yes sir........

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: C++ Tutorial For Beginners... Part 1... by Nobody: 11:21pm On Oct 17, 2014

hey guys, sorry for keeping you waiting i was really busy... so lets head back to business...

note: after we complete this tutorial on cpp, i will make the pdf file available for download.... i will also design an andriod app where u can extract codes... and execute them... grin grin grin.. isn't that what friends are for?

today we will discuss on conditional statements.. what we have been writing so far, are just simple programs... lets dig into what cpp has to offer... before i proceed I want to thank you guys sharing, commenting , liking , replying.. that's really nice.. i hope to meet you guys someday..

back to business..

We are going to design programs capable of controlling program flow( in program flow, i mean making decisions).. take for instance, your driving on a busy Lagos road.. imaging a situation where the traffic light only had a green signal...?( that would be disastrous wouldn't it?..) but with the help of the red, and yellow light, cars can move in a controlled order. so, guys learn to obey that traffic light, programmers obey the rules don't they?... lol..

now you get the gist, don't you?...

the first item on our menu is using the ''IF'' then '' ELSE'' statement to control the flow of our program..

look carefully, this format goes like this:

if ( condition)
{
// this is what you should do, if the condition above is true
}

else
{
// this is what you should do if the condition above is not true..
}

.. lets try out an example about what i mean...

Example..

consider two variables.. lets name them ''case1'' and ''case2''...... these variables are numbers.. we are to test the magnitude of this numbers ( using a comparative sign..( in this case let's a simple > sign)..

see what happens below....

solution...

// TESTING THE MAGNITUDE OF TWO VARIABLES

// declare our header files

#include <cstdio>
#include <cstdlib>
#include <iostream>

using namespace std;
int main()

{
// declare variables
int case1;
int case2;
int difference12; // difference between (case1-case2)
int difference21; // difference between (case2-case1)

// get questions and answers from the user
cout<<" Welcome sir/ma, kindly enter your first number for case1";
cin >> case1;

cout <<''Welcome sir/ma, kindly enter your second number for case2;
cin>> case2;

// perform so mathematical operations

difference12= case1-case2; // stating the gap between case1 and case2

difference21= case2-case1; //stating the gap between case2 and case1

// now, define the program flow
if ( case1 > case2) // don't add semi colon because its just a condition not a statement.. take note...
{

cout << '' the first number you entered is greater than the second number and by '';
cout << difference12;

}
else
{
cout <<'' the second number you entered is greater than the first number and by'';
cout << difference21;
}

// wait until user is ready before terminating program

system (''PAUSE'');
return 0;

}

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: C++ Tutorial For Beginners... Part 1... by Nobody: 11:39pm On Oct 17, 2014
Ezechinwa:

hey guys, sorry for keeping you waiting i was really busy... so lets head back to business...

note: after we complete this tutorial on cpp, i will make the pdf file available for download.... i will also design an andriod app where u can extract codes... and execute them... grin grin grin.. isn't that what friends are for?

today we will discuss on conditional statements.. what we have been writing so far, are just simple programs... lets dig into what cpp has to offer... before i proceed I want to thank you guys sharing, commenting , liking , replying.. that's really nice.. i hope to meet you guys someday..

back to business..

We are going to design programs capable of controlling program flow( in program flow, i mean making decisions).. take for instance, your driving on a busy Lagos road.. imaging a situation where the traffic light only had a green signal...?( that would be disastrous wouldn't it?..) but with the help of the red, and yellow light, cars can move in a controlled order. so, guys learn to obey that traffic light, programmers obey the rules don't they?... lol..

the first item on our menu is using the ''IF'' then '' ELSE'' statement to control the flow of our program..

if ( condition)
{
}

else
{
}

Example..

consider two variables.. lets name them ''case1'' and ''case2''...... these variables are numbers.. we are to test the magnitude of this numbers ( using a comparative sign..( in this case let's a simple > sign)..

solution...

#include <cstdio>
#include <cstdlib>
#include <iostream>

using namespace std;
int main()

{
// declare variables
int case1;
int case2;

cin >> case1;

cin>> case2;

if ( case1 > case2) // don't add semi colon because its just a condition not a statement.. take note...
{

cout << '' the first number you entered is greater than the second number and by '';
cout << difference12;

}
else
{
cout <<'' the second number you entered is greater than the first number and by'';
cout << difference21;
}

system (''PAUSE'');
return 0;

}

let me explain what happened above...... unlike other programs we have done so far, this one gets to a point where it has to make a decision on where to go... if the condition where to be true, it will perform operations within the ''if {}'' , but if false, it does the other in the ''else {}''..

so you see, i wont rush this on you and just move on, it is important you understand the decision making techniques... so i will take more examples., but after you guys read and comment on the first one.........

Project::: After more examples on ''IF & ELSE'', we are then going to create a program that can calculate the GPA (grade point) of a student....... you guys can kindly list the units and courses we can use for this project...... thank you and good night..

shares.. comments... replies. etc are very important...... let's build Nigeria....

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: C++ Tutorial For Beginners... Part 1... by Nobody: 12:34am On Oct 18, 2014
Ezechinwa:

back to business..

if ( condition)
{
}

else
{
}

Example..

solution...

#include <cstdio>
#include <cstdlib>
#include <iostream>

using namespace std;
int main()

{
// declare variables
int case1;
int case2;

cin >> case1;

cin>> case2;

{

cout << difference12;

}
else
{
cout << difference21;
}

system (''PAUSE'');
return 0;

}

OP. ur d best..... THNKS

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: C++ Tutorial For Beginners... Part 1... by Nobody: 7:48am On Oct 19, 2014
badboy92:

OP. ur d best..... THNKS

thanks...
Re: C++ Tutorial For Beginners... Part 1... by kbshow100(m): 10:15pm On Oct 19, 2014
Ezechinwa:

let me explain what happened above...... unlike other programs we have done so far, this one gets to a point where it has to make a decision on where to go... if the condition where to be true, it will perform operations within the ''if {}'' , but if false, it does the other in the ''else {}''..

so you see, i wont rush this on you and just move on, it is important you understand the decision making techniques... so i will take more examples., but after you guys read and comment on the first one.........

Project::: After more examples on ''IF & ELSE'', we are then going to create a program that can calculate the GPA (grade point) of a student....... you guys can kindly list the units and courses we can use for this project...... thank you and good night..

shares.. comments... replies. etc are very important...... let's build Nigeria....
the blessing that will hit you is doing press up. I'm. Following bumper to bumper

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: C++ Tutorial For Beginners... Part 1... by Jerryolumide(m): 10:34pm On Oct 19, 2014
Ezechinwa:
hello great minds... we are back again , what you saw in my previous posts were programs that can't make decisions...

so, later on today, i will show you how to develop programs that can make decision...

i haven't used variable types like boolean & string... so far, i will find problems needing such in future....

so later tonight... we move futher, for now i don't think my boss will find it funny seeing me posting rather dan working.. lol.. so, later guys...
plz ss wats the difference btw #C nd C++

1 Like 1 Share

Re: C++ Tutorial For Beginners... Part 1... by Nobody: 10:57pm On Oct 19, 2014
kbshow100:
the blessing that will hit you is doing press up. I'm. Following bumper to bumper

hahahaha.. nice one my bro,,,,,,,,,, God bless you and ur family.......amen

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: C++ Tutorial For Beginners... Part 1... by Nobody: 11:05pm On Oct 19, 2014
Jerryolumide:

Good day sir. depends on the angle your looking at it from.... all i know is c++ was derived from #C.... both have different ways of defining objects and class.. from my own prospective, C is more like JAVA... unlike C++ that can contain a single class, containing different type of objects........

for the record, the compilation time of c++ is much slower than that of C...... due to their structure........ in a quintessential summary, their main differences lies in their structure of programming..............

thanks.....

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: C++ Tutorial For Beginners... Part 1... by Nobody: 11:14pm On Oct 19, 2014
Ezechinwa:

Good day sir. depends on the angle your looking at it from.... all i know is c++ was derived from #C.... both have different ways of defining objects and class.. from my own prospective, C is more like JAVA... unlike C++ that can contain a single class, containing different type of objects........

for the record, the compilation time of c++ is much slower than that of C...... due to their structure........ in a quintessential summary, their main differences lies in their structure of programming..............

thanks.....

OP... thanks.. i agree with u...
Re: C++ Tutorial For Beginners... Part 1... by Nobody: 11:14pm On Oct 19, 2014
Ezechinwa:

thanks.....
Re: C++ Tutorial For Beginners... Part 1... by codemarshal08(m): 6:07am On Oct 20, 2014
Jerryolumide:
Do u Mean to say c# or C
For the Latter, C programming Language is a procedural language i.e it does not support the use of classes, polymorphism etc. WHILE C++ is an Object Oriented Language. Hence, it supports objects, classes , polymorphism etc
Re: C++ Tutorial For Beginners... Part 1... by codemarshal08(m): 6:09am On Oct 20, 2014
@Eze You are doing a good job Here . Keep it rolling bro.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: C++ Tutorial For Beginners... Part 1... by Nobody: 9:44am On Oct 20, 2014
Ezechinwa:

back to business..

if ( condition)
{
}

else
{
}

Example..

solution...

#include <cstdio>
#include <cstdlib>
#include <iostream>

using namespace std;
int main()

{
// declare variables
int case1;
int case2;

cin >> case1;

cin>> case2;

{

cout << difference12;

}
else
{
cout << difference21;
}

system (''PAUSE'');
return 0;

}

EZECHINWA PLS WHEN ARE WE GOING TO WORK ON THE GP PROJECT?THATS VERY AWESOME
Re: C++ Tutorial For Beginners... Part 1... by classiclee(m): 11:23am On Oct 20, 2014
Bro am going on with this topic and I love this post am getting confused somewhere on Like Java when we want to echo someting we say
System.out.print("Hello sir/ma"wink;
Does that mean that in C++
It is cout<<"Hello sir/ma"<<endl;
Is this an input type or echo
Because am noticing you run this cout in the ways
cout<<"Hello sir/ma"<<endl;
cout<<"Hello sir/ma";
cout<<"Hello sir/ma case1;
Sorry God Bless you as you help me out
Re: C++ Tutorial For Beginners... Part 1... by Nobody: 12:33pm On Oct 20, 2014
badboy92:

EZECHINWA PLS WHEN ARE WE GOING TO WORK ON THE GP PROJECT?THATS VERY AWESOME

after few more examples on conditional statements...lol... thanks.. just stay tuned in..
Re: C++ Tutorial For Beginners... Part 1... by Jerryolumide(m): 12:34pm On Oct 20, 2014
codemarshal08:

Do u Mean to say c# or C
For the Latter, C programming Language is a procedural language i.e it does not support the use of classes, polymorphism etc. WHILE C++ is an Object Oriented Language. Hence, it supports objects, classes , polymorphism etc
i meant C sharp, tnx
Re: C++ Tutorial For Beginners... Part 1... by Jerryolumide(m): 12:35pm On Oct 20, 2014
Ezechinwa:

thanks.....
tnx sir
Re: C++ Tutorial For Beginners... Part 1... by Nobody: 12:44pm On Oct 20, 2014
classiclee:
Bro am going on with this topic and I love this post am getting confused somewhere on Like Java when we want to echo someting we say
System.out.print("Hello sir/ma"wink;
Does that mean that in C++
It is cout<<"Hello sir/ma"<<endl;
Is this an input type or echo
Because am noticing you run this cout in the ways
cout<<"Hello sir/ma"<<endl;
cout<<"Hello sir/ma";
cout<<"Hello sir/ma case1;
Sorry God Bless you as you help me out

kk.. let me break it down...

In java...
System.out.print(); command prints and collects info

but in C++

cin >> ;commands collects data from users...
cout << ""; prints out info on screen...

note the arrows, how the point is different.. becus its a statement, it must end with semicolon...

so, cin can reside inside cout, but cout can't reside inside cin...

imagine cin to be the keyboard...
imagine cout to b the screen...

hope that helps bro...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: C++ Tutorial For Beginners... Part 1... by classiclee(m): 2:52pm On Oct 20, 2014
Yea Bro Did you believe in the topic review today I went on google and learnt more I understood things like this
#include <iostream>
#include <string>
//instead of using namespace std
calc(int a,int b)
{
int c;
a=a*b;
c=a+b;
return(c);
}
int main()
{
string abbey="Abiodun";
std::cout<<"Hello sir ma my name is \n "<<abbey;
/*it. Prints hello sir and goes to next line
Right It seems am learning than my brain */
//now executing else
void echo=(3==3) ? "It is true" : "It is false";
std::cout<<echo;
calc(1,2);
//result should be 4
}
Any error help me out I just started 3hours ago...
Re: C++ Tutorial For Beginners... Part 1... by Nobody: 6:49pm On Oct 20, 2014
classiclee:
Yea Bro Did you believe in the topic review today I went on google and learnt more I understood things like this
#include <iostream>
#include <string>
//instead of using namespace std
calc(int a,int b)
{
int c;
a=a*b;
c=a+b;
return(c);
}
int main()
{
string abbey="Abiodun";
std::cout<<"Hello sir ma my name is \n "<<abbey;
/*it. Prints hello sir and goes to next line
Right It seems am learning than my brain */
//now executing else
void echo=(3==3) ? "It is true" : "It is false";
std::cout<<echo;
calc(1,2);
//result should be 4
}
Any error help me out I just started 3hours ago...

hey bro... i tried running your code.. but it wasnt executable...... i then decided to find more info on the web.. i discovered your trying to implement a class called "Calculator"... yeah is possible to create codes without using namespace ( since its an argument) but there must be a "main"........... what you did above is called Functional programming...... i will explain it later.... stay tuned........

you can read up more about calc{}; online... i hope that works..
Re: C++ Tutorial For Beginners... Part 1... by Nobody: 7:35pm On Oct 20, 2014

Hello guys.....
how did your weekend go? well, if you ask me about mine, i will boldly tell you that i had a splendid weekend...... a win for Chelseafc also spiced it up.. so, am going to use a blue text format..

in the last post, i showed you a program capable of making decision and also i gave a detailed illustration using the traffic light, well, before i proceed, it is important you understand what a conditional statement is, or how it works.

Conditional statement in cpp compares two or more objects..... it mostly use the following signs ,namely

> greater than,
<less than,
<= less than or equal to
>= greater than or equal to
!= not equal to

and many more......

for example
condition1 and condition2

IF ( condition1 >= condition2)
{}
ELSE
{}... you see what i mean right?

for more you can always search on-line .... but always remember what conditional statement are and how to run a test on them..........

PROJECT;;;

Write a simple program on cplusplus capable of determining a students grade point avarage (gpa)... use the following information

Grading system =( A=5 , B=4, C=3 , D =2 , E=1, F=0)
GPA system; 5.0
Department : Computer science
Level ; 400 level
Courses offered and unit:

1 Operations research = Mth 401 (3-unit)
2 Numerical analysis = Mth 421 (3-unit)
3 Programming = Csc 401 (3-unit)
4 Database = Csc 411 (3 unit)
5 Computer and society = Csc 421 (3 unit)
6 Algorithm = CSC 431 ( 3 unit)
7 Oracle = Csc 441 (3 unit)

total unit = 21.

wow...... with the following information, lets break them down together........ lets use our programming skills to solve real life programs....

before we proceed...... lets get more comments, more shares , more questions......... thank you and stay tuned...

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: C++ Tutorial For Beginners... Part 1... by Jerryolumide(m): 9:40pm On Oct 20, 2014
Ezechinwa:

Hello guys.....
how did your weekend go? well, if you ask me about mine, i will boldly tell you that i had a splendid weekend...... a win for Chelseafc also spiced it up.. so, am going to use a blue text format..

in the last post, i showed you a program capable of making decision and also i gave a detailed illustration using the traffic light, well, before i proceed, it is important you understand what a conditional statement is, or how it works.

Conditional statement in cpp compares two or more objects..... it mostly use the following signs ,namely

> greater than,
<less than,
<= less than or equal to
!= not equal to

and many more......

for example

{}
ELSE

for more you can always search on-line .... but always remember what conditional statement are and how to run a test on them..........

PROJECT;;;

Write a simple program on cplusplus capable of determining a students grade point avarage (gpa)... use the following information

GPA system; 5.0
Level ; 400 level

total unit = 21.

wow...... with the following information, lets break them down together........ lets use our programming skills to solve real life programs....

before we proceed...... lets get more comments, more shares , more questions......... thank you and stay tuned...
this lovely mehn would trying using ur idea to write a similar program using VB.NET

1 Like 1 Share

Re: C++ Tutorial For Beginners... Part 1... by Nobody: 9:56pm On Oct 20, 2014
Jerryolumide:
this lovely mehn would trying using ur idea to write a similar program using VB.NET

thnks mehn... just giv it a try...
Re: C++ Tutorial For Beginners... Part 1... by classiclee(m): 11:29pm On Oct 20, 2014
Ezechinwa:

Hello guys.....

> greater than,
<less than,
<= less than or equal to
!= not equal to

and many more......

for example

{}
ELSE

PROJECT;;;

GPA system; 5.0
Level ; 400 level

total unit = 21.

Am really following before You go futher Were does c++ Codes get inserted is it in code.c or how and how to compile it to an app for we to make our practicals our selves

1 Like

Re: C++ Tutorial For Beginners... Part 1... by picasso4u(m): 11:15pm On Oct 21, 2014
nice work...following fully

1 Like

Re: C++ Tutorial For Beginners... Part 1... by Nobody: 12:16am On Oct 22, 2014
classiclee:

Am really following before You go futher Were does c++ Codes get inserted is it in code.c or how and how to compile it to an app for we to make our practicals our selves

don't really get ur question sir.. but if your intending on creating apps.. then u can use a better compiler like eclipes...
Re: C++ Tutorial For Beginners... Part 1... by Nobody: 12:37am On Oct 22, 2014
We have got a little project in our hands... as usual, i implore you to create an outline... ( you will do dis yourself). if your having problems on writing an outline, then go back to the beginning of the thread..
if you still hav problems outlining.. you can drop your issues here...

remember, this is an interactive forum.. i would love you guys to participate by writing your own outline and dropping it here... that way, we will improve more...

so, before proceeding... with the solution... let me see what you guys have??..

1 Like

Re: C++ Tutorial For Beginners... Part 1... by cybug: 1:09am On Oct 22, 2014
Where do I start from? I read from the first page to the last... and I don't understand anything you're writting... I'm the newest bie in town.
Re: C++ Tutorial For Beginners... Part 1... by kayodewizzy(m): 1:54pm On Oct 31, 2014
Nyc 1 bro,lets get started with the gpa program...initially i was learning java but no one 2 explain 2 me like dis..i think am enjoying c++...am using turboc++ ide...can i have ur number plz

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

C# - Capturing File Name From A FileUpload Control In Asp.net / Web Based Software Vs Standalone Solution / Simple Code Challenge: C#, Java, C, C++

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.