Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:07 AM

Ebola: Male Survivors Warned To Use Condoms - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Ebola: Male Survivors Warned To Use Condoms (37521 Views)

The Facts About Condoms / Photos: Governor Fashola Hosts Some Ebola Survivors / WHO- Ebola Survivors Blood To Be Used For Treatment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ebola: Male Survivors Warned To Use Condoms by OkikiOluwa1(m): 8:58am On Oct 08, 2014
Medicine after death!
Last Bullet

How are we so sure that some male survivors ll not v f ucked their patners. That's if they were pre-warned sha!
Re: Ebola: Male Survivors Warned To Use Condoms by AdemolaA2: 8:59am On Oct 08, 2014
Well, I was thinking when cured of ebola , you are indeed completely cured and free but this article says otherwise . well , prevention is better than cure . we don hear!!!
Re: Ebola: Male Survivors Warned To Use Condoms by maylisa(f): 8:59am On Oct 08, 2014
Obstain from sex for 3 moths after treatment. may evil not see us

2 Likes

Re: Ebola: Male Survivors Warned To Use Condoms by Nobody: 8:59am On Oct 08, 2014
Lol..do we actually think any typical Nigerian woman will want to willingly have sex with someone that she knows as contacted Ebola before

2 Likes

Re: Ebola: Male Survivors Warned To Use Condoms by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 9:00am On Oct 08, 2014
Seriously?
Re: Ebola: Male Survivors Warned To Use Condoms by Sijo01(f): 9:02am On Oct 08, 2014
simon3603:
If I have an Ebola-positive girlfriend, believe me: I'll forget what sex is not to talk of using condom

The post says male survivor not the other way round.
Re: Ebola: Male Survivors Warned To Use Condoms by arvinsloane(m): 9:02am On Oct 08, 2014
iceberylin:
ĔVĔŃ ŴĨŤĤ ĤĨŚ ŴĨfe undecided
Are their wives immuned to ebola?
Re: Ebola: Male Survivors Warned To Use Condoms by Salvadot: 9:03am On Oct 08, 2014
angry angryAm lyk. Hmmmnn. Wen i hear ebola
Re: Ebola: Male Survivors Warned To Use Condoms by Bryan12(m): 9:04am On Oct 08, 2014
Ooook
Re: Ebola: Male Survivors Warned To Use Condoms by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 9:04am On Oct 08, 2014
Iamsynord:
Lol..do we actually think any typical Nigerian woman will want to willingly have sex with someone that she knows as contacted Ebola before
and will a Nigerian man willingly have sex with a female ebola survivor?. Men r scared too not just women.
Re: Ebola: Male Survivors Warned To Use Condoms by DaBozz(m): 9:04am On Oct 08, 2014
I see condom marketers smiling to the bank.
Re: Ebola: Male Survivors Warned To Use Condoms by odepacy: 9:06am On Oct 08, 2014
Dat one is nt a problem na, d surviver male shold masturbate 4 one week, dat is my own opinion
Re: Ebola: Male Survivors Warned To Use Condoms by Nobody: 9:08am On Oct 08, 2014
Too late a warning. Dem do already choke the thing inside plenty punana .
Didn't you know that Nigerian men are polygamous in nature. They can't stay without se xe for 1 week.

Na for nairaland I learn am.

Nigerian men are born cheats.

Signed, nairaland members and mods

1 Like

Re: Ebola: Male Survivors Warned To Use Condoms by NeChErEnO1(m): 9:10am On Oct 08, 2014
So u guys mean we should f*ck dy go na!!!k na.....gringrin
Re: Ebola: Male Survivors Warned To Use Condoms by Nobody: 9:12am On Oct 08, 2014
yuzjet:
Before nko?

Even before ebola outbreak, condom is been used. So what's d essense?
They are referring to married people who normally don't use condoms, not unmarried immorals who sneak in and out of unauthorised liaisons, those whose wallets are more likely to contain condoms than cash. Yes, I mean people like you!

1 Like

Re: Ebola: Male Survivors Warned To Use Condoms by Nobody: 9:19am On Oct 08, 2014
yuzjet:
Before nko?

Don't be dumb kid
Re: Ebola: Male Survivors Warned To Use Condoms by chismo007(m): 9:24am On Oct 08, 2014
Even with him wife? undecided
Re: Ebola: Male Survivors Warned To Use Condoms by Nicepoker(m): 9:32am On Oct 08, 2014
sauceny:
All i knw is that Nigeria has defeated it period...The int'l communities would always want to have the last say in world related matters,they still ain't happy with Nigeria,Africa still stands as the most blessed.
guy slow down. U r running ur mouth above speed limit
Re: Ebola: Male Survivors Warned To Use Condoms by Nobody: 9:41am On Oct 08, 2014
Nicepoker:
guy slow down. U r running ur mouth above speed limit

So whats the actual speed limit¿

You know they gave birth to you in the 90s,so you barely know the world is spherical.
Re: Ebola: Male Survivors Warned To Use Condoms by condralbede(m): 9:53am On Oct 08, 2014
ggrin:
coolgrinlipsrsealed
Omoo ..this one nah kpanshi time table.You dey vex oo
Re: Ebola: Male Survivors Warned To Use Condoms by Nobody: 9:54am On Oct 08, 2014
Thank God they are mentioning this.it's the truth. I want to prescibe that male survivors should kindly abstain for the days. Especially becos even fake Condoms abound in Naija. Ogun to ti se o ni gberi mo o IJN. Amin. People shd be grateful for Life at least, and igba melo. Before they know it 6 months are over, Biko smiley
Re: Ebola: Male Survivors Warned To Use Condoms by Konquest: 10:05am On Oct 08, 2014
Respectnelson:
WHO declares Nigeria, Senegal free of disease this week

Sex could keep the Ebola epidemic alive even after the World Health Organization (WHO)
declares an area free of the disease, one of the discoverers of the deadly virus said
yesterday.The WHO is hoping to announce later this week that Nigeria and Senegal are free
of Ebola after 42 days with no infections, the standard period for declaring an outbreak over,
twice the maximum 21-day incubation period of the virus.

However, it appears the disease can last much longer in semen. “In a convalescent male, the
virus can persist in semen for at least 70 days; one study suggests persistence for more than
90 days,” the WHO said in an information note on Monday.

“Certainly, the advice has to be for survivors to use a condom, to not have unprotected sex,
for 90 days,” said Peter Piot, a professor at the London School of Hygiene and Tropical
Medicine and a discoverer of Ebola in 1976.

“If we would apply the rule for double the time, that would be 180 days, six months. I think it
(90 days) is probably a compromise, for practicality,” he told a news conference in Geneva.
Ebola spreads via bodily fluids such as blood and saliva, but it has also been detected in
breast milk and urine, as well as semen, the WHO said. The whole live virus has never been
isolated from sweat, however.

More than 3,400 people are already known to have died in the world’s worst Ebola outbreak
on record, the vast majority of them in three West African countries: Guinea, Liberia and
Sierra Leone.

Source: sunnewsonline.com/new/?p=85139

Hello @ Respectnelson

Hello all....

It is misleading for the Ministry of Health to give the impression to people that Nigeria is entirely free of Ebola Virus, because just like the very deadly Lassa Virus and Marburg Virus, Ebola Virus still remains in the kidney system/urine/s.emen for up to 3 months after traces of Ebola virus has disappeared from the blood system.

So all the men and women who had contracted ebola and lassa virus fever in Nigeria and around the
world can still infect their family members and the public after urinating or having s.ex and the hands are NOT properly
washed/disinfected.

Please take note everyone. smiley

Re: Ebola: Male Survivors Warned To Use Condoms by Jakeattah(m): 10:06am On Oct 08, 2014
Shouldn't there be a special rubber for this? grin
Re: Ebola: Male Survivors Warned To Use Condoms by russello: 10:33am On Oct 08, 2014
I trust naija, even with condom sef, dem nor go even try am sef.

Both survivor and the pesin wey neva catch the tin b4 dey fear to die.

grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Ebola: Male Survivors Warned To Use Condoms by Nobody: 10:33am On Oct 08, 2014
yuzjet:
Before nko?

вυт ρєσρℓє αяє ѕтιℓℓ α∂αмαηт тσ υѕє ¢ση∂σмѕ ѕσ уσυ ¢αηт jυѕт ѕαу ρєσρℓє нανє вєєη υѕιηg ¢ση∂σмѕ ѕιη¢є
Re: Ebola: Male Survivors Warned To Use Condoms by Busari132(m): 10:34am On Oct 08, 2014
grayht:
Certainly, the advice has to be for survivors to use a condom, to not have unprotected sex,
for 90 days grin

chai,diaris god o
Re: Ebola: Male Survivors Warned To Use Condoms by texazzpete(m): 10:34am On Oct 08, 2014
simon3603:
If I have an Ebola-positive girlfriend, believe me: I'll forget what sex is not to talk of using condom

We're talking of 'survivors', not people who are positive and who you're supposed to have zero contact with at all. Why bring this nonsense up?
Re: Ebola: Male Survivors Warned To Use Condoms by QMark: 10:39am On Oct 08, 2014
What about the female survivors? Are they free to have unprotected sex?
Re: Ebola: Male Survivors Warned To Use Condoms by Busari132(m): 10:39am On Oct 08, 2014
ggrin:
coolgrinlipsrsealed

u want kill ursef ni?
Re: Ebola: Male Survivors Warned To Use Condoms by Nobody: 10:42am On Oct 08, 2014
Sijo01:
Its better they abstain for a period of time. condom is not 100% safe.

Preach what you practice.
Re: Ebola: Male Survivors Warned To Use Condoms by skyeboy98(m): 10:43am On Oct 08, 2014
olayincar:
I strongly believe everything wil be over one day...
amen,that is a big prayer,but wait a minute ooo why are they tellling them now, what of if they have been having sex all this while? God abeg ooo

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Government owned Kidney transplant centres in Nigeria including cost / 13 Symptoms That Shouldn't Be Ignored - By Lizgray / Small Animals And Insects That Cause Big And Deadly Diseases

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.