Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,788 members, 7,827,908 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:01 PM

Showcasing Classic Hondas - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Showcasing Classic Hondas (2486 Views)

Showcasing Classic Mazdas / Showcasing Classic Toyotas / Showcasing Classic Bmws (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Showcasing Classic Hondas by Nobody: 11:55pm On Oct 08, 2014
By special request.

Re: Showcasing Classic Hondas by Nobody: 11:55pm On Oct 08, 2014
Last set.

Re: Showcasing Classic Hondas by lonelydora: 12:03am On Oct 09, 2014
I have been waiting for this. Good job.
Re: Showcasing Classic Hondas by DECOtech(m): 12:38am On Oct 09, 2014
My dad owned that in the 3rd picture. That's what he used as a wedding car. It was white. I wasn't born then though, pictures told me some of the story + I got to ride in it to nursery school in those days b4 popsy upgraded.
Re: Showcasing Classic Hondas by Nobody: 1:39am On Oct 09, 2014
DECOtech:
My dad owned that in the 3rd picture. That's what he used as a wedding car. It was white. I wasn't born then though, pictures told me some of the story + I got to ride in it to nursery school in those days b4 popsy upgraded.

That was my very first car. I travelled from Ibadan to get it in Lagos. I used maybe 2 gallons of oil to get to Ibadan grin

I rebuilt the engine and sold it to one Alhadji in Sabo Ibadan who paid me in all 50 kobo notes sad

This was in 1984 or so.
Re: Showcasing Classic Hondas by DECOtech(m): 7:24am On Oct 09, 2014
CityNG:

That was my very first car. I travelled from Ibadan to get it in Lagos. I used maybe 2 gallons of oil to get to Ibadan grin

I rebuilt the engine and sold it to one Alhadji in Sabo Ibadan who paid me in all 50 kobo notes sad

This was in 1984 or so.
Re: Showcasing Classic Hondas by DECOtech(m): 7:25am On Oct 09, 2014
CityNG:

This was in 1984 or so.

Lolz!

Sir, I noticed ur scanner now costs 12k.
No wahala, I'm still waiting for it.
Re: Showcasing Classic Hondas by Shagati(m): 8:12am On Oct 09, 2014
My mum bought the 3-door hatch Accord in 1979 for N4,000 from Mandilas Lagos.
I inherited it as my first car in 1995 cool

1 Like

Re: Showcasing Classic Hondas by luvinhubby(m): 8:20am On Oct 09, 2014
Shagati:
My mum bought the 3-door hatch Accord in 1979 for N4,000 from Mandilas Lagos.
I inherited it as my first car in 1995 cool
The nick name for that car is 'Madugu'. cheesy
Re: Showcasing Classic Hondas by Shagati(m): 8:29am On Oct 09, 2014
Really? Never realised.

Mummy drove the car for 16 years without EVER engaging 5th gear.
It was when I took the car over that I saw the 5-speed badge in the glove and wondered what it meant.
So on Lagos-Ibadan expressway one day I attempted it and voila! GEAR 5!!

The air-conditioning worked till the very last day.
Sold it for N50,000 in 1998
Re: Showcasing Classic Hondas by peterjero(m): 9:32am On Oct 09, 2014
@cityng that's what I'm talking about, you mean you sold it for 50 kobo wow that means you are really an old man. @shagati so much for Honda's reliability, a norm still practice till modern day (though not a Honda person but I respect Honda to the bone) @cityng you did a good job here, never knew Honda made trucks way back wondered why they ain't going that road anymore, just the sissy looking Ridge line.
Re: Showcasing Classic Hondas by peterjero(m): 9:34am On Oct 09, 2014
Dad also owned the first Gen prelude, I hope to buy him another Honda when I finish buying my supra probably a civic.
Re: Showcasing Classic Hondas by Galads(m): 9:50am On Oct 09, 2014
Chei see my car. My mum bought the honda on the last pix. She pimped it alloy wheels and I connected a big speaker at the back when I started driving it. Gradually it became my car. Very strong and reliable. Packed for 6months and when I came back from school, pour 4litres of fuel in it, pump the tires na movement again o. I even drove the car without battery. Lol. Borrow battery to start. I miss those days
Re: Showcasing Classic Hondas by Nobody: 2:56pm On Oct 09, 2014
DECOtech:

Lolz!

I will keep the original price for all you guys that showed interest previously no worries.
Re: Showcasing Classic Hondas by Nobody: 3:00pm On Oct 09, 2014
peterjero:
@cityng that's what I'm talking about, you mean you sold it for 50 kobo wow that means you are really an old man. @shagati so much for Honda's reliability, a norm still practice till modern day (though not a Honda person but I respect Honda to the bone) @cityng you did a good job here, never knew Honda made trucks way back wondered why they ain't going that road anymore, just the sissy looking Ridge line.

Not sold for 50kobo, but he paid in all 50kobo notes I think.

As for age I'm a Biafra kid and Mr. Ojukwu is my idol.
Re: Showcasing Classic Hondas by DECOtech(m): 3:07pm On Oct 09, 2014
CityNG:

I will keep the original price for all you guys that showed interest previously no worries.
thank u sir

1 Like

Re: Showcasing Classic Hondas by peterjero(m): 4:09pm On Oct 09, 2014
CityNG:

Not sold for 50kobo, but he paid in all 50kobo notes I think.

As for age I'm a Biafra kid and Mr. Ojukwu is my idol.
My boss

1 Like

Re: Showcasing Classic Hondas by Nobody: 5:23pm On Oct 09, 2014
peterjero:

My boss

And I'm even Yoruba by the way shocked

But I respect Men of conscience, discipline and conviction.
Re: Showcasing Classic Hondas by Dieumerci(m): 8:21pm On Oct 09, 2014
CityNG:

DECOtech:
thank u sir
Thank you too, Sir. Remember I requested for it and waiting for the middle of this month.
Re: Showcasing Classic Hondas by peterjero(m): 11:51pm On Oct 09, 2014
CityNG:

And I'm even Yoruba by the way shocked

But I respect Men of conscience, discipline and conviction.
I know you are yoruba and from ibadan, because I follow you and oga siena closely. Because of you 2 and few others like gazzuz, ikenna etc I'm a king in my hood coupled with my obsession for engine and combustion. You rock, you will be the one to buy my supra. I'm a world citizen, I love humans with knowledge that's my weakness

1 Like

Re: Showcasing Classic Hondas by peterjero(m): 11:55pm On Oct 09, 2014
And the Honda quintet was the car that brought the insatiable quest for automobile knowledge in me. I love cars.
Re: Showcasing Classic Hondas by Nobody: 6:33am On Oct 10, 2014
DECOtech:

Lolz!

@ DecoTech and Dieumerci, please take time to go to my site and place your order as soon as you can. You don't have to pay just yet (unless you want to) but this will reserve your spot. Thanks.
Re: Showcasing Classic Hondas by Dieumerci(m): 9:33pm On Oct 10, 2014
I've registered on your site and placed the scanner in my cart but didn't see where to place an order.
CityNG:

@ DecoTech and Dieumerci, please take time to go to my site and place your order as soon as you can. You don't have to pay just yet (unless you want to) but this will reserve your spot. Thanks.
Re: Showcasing Classic Hondas by Nobody: 9:49pm On Oct 10, 2014
Dieumerci:
I've registered on your site and placed the scanner in my cart but didn't see where to place an order.

Look out for the checkout button. There is one at the top next to search.

Thanks.
Re: Showcasing Classic Hondas by timbros(m): 10:37am On Oct 11, 2014
CityNG:

Look out for the checkout button. There is one at the top next to search.

Thanks.

Boss I hope I'm not late for the scanner. For the 'original' price o cheesy

Thanks
Re: Showcasing Classic Hondas by Nobody: 4:10pm On Oct 11, 2014
timbros:

Boss I hope I'm not late for the scanner. For the 'original' price o cheesy

Thanks

I pulled those from sale since the ones I received were counterfeits.

Sorry about that.

(1) (Reply)

Toyota Camry Front Passenger Tyre Makes Metallic Sound / Classic Cars: 1972 Honda Civic. / ECU And Key Reprogramming

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.