Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,205 members, 7,811,552 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:29 PM

Prophets (seers) Are "Intercessors" - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Prophets (seers) Are "Intercessors" (1269 Views)

Appraisal: Are Our Prophets Right About 2015 Election? / Prayer Intercessors For Couples Trying To Conceive Babies / Major False Prophets In Nigeria - Must Watch Video added to last page of article (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Prophets (seers) Are "Intercessors" by majorgr: 12:15am On Oct 09, 2014
Spiritual visions are God given. When given, don't be satisfied seeing things or knowing them spiritually but press on to their prevention. If what you see is bad or depicts doom, you may also avert them. How? By constant "intercessory" prayers on what you have been shown; unless the Lord specifically tells you that it cannot be averted or you shouldn't pray about it. Too many prophets or spiritual men when shown things in the spirit are so excited to share these visions without taking time to hear from the Lord stages by stages on what these visions could possibly mean and if it can be averted and how? (Isaiah 28:10). It is true that we see in parts and prophecy in parts (1Corinthians 13:9) but on visions relating to imminent doom, God is showing us such because there is and there can be something done about this. He is not showing us just to prove to the whole world that He is God and also there are prophets (if He is the almighty God, He doesn't even need to prove Himself). No, far be it from God. We understand God will not do anything on earth unless somebody invites Him to do it; Ezekiel 22: 30: And I sought for a man among them, that should make up the hedge, and stand in the gap before me for the land, that I should not destroy it: but I found none. John Wesley in one of his books he stated: "it seems God is limited by our prayer life. The more we pray the more He can move and make certain changes on earth, the less we pray the less He can do this" (emphasis added). You see, such visions given to the church is to aware Christians that they can and should seek His intervention on such pending doom so that He as God can change it. Remember, the scriptures says that the Holy Spirit will show us things to come especially ones that may affect His people.
Now, how do we achieve this? By constant, unrelenting prayers, the more we pray, the more we achieve. Jesus, in His sermons, taught us about persistent prayers.
Actually, these visions are meant to grip our attention because there is no possible way we could have known about the future unless by an art of divine intervention. When we are shown something from God regarding the future, we should immediately acknowledge that the Lord wants to arrest our attention so that we could go deep further in prayers to figure out how both God and we can change such dooms. Notice I used both God and we, why? Because prayer is joining forces with God. God and we are labourers together (1 Corinthians 3:9; for we are laborers together with God...) We should take fully our legal rights in prayers to attack situations that poses threats and extinction to our survival. Most things can be changed!

(1) (Reply)

Prophetic Themes Of Churches For The Year 2015 / 5 Tips For A Better Prayer Life / The Power In The Names Of God;

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.