Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,148 members, 7,811,257 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:38 AM

What Makes A Good Friend? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What Makes A Good Friend? (690 Views)

Is She A Good Friend? / Help A Sister!! What Should I Give My Good Friend As Wedding Gift? / Where Is My Good Friend..odunnu?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Makes A Good Friend? by Nobody: 12:38am On Oct 09, 2014
I saw this and thought to share it:

On December 25, 2010, a 42-year old woman in Britain posted a suicide note on a well-known social networking site. Her message sounded like a desperate plea for attention. Although the woman had more than a thousand social network "friends" online, not one came to her aid. The police found her body a day later. She had taken a fatal overdose.

Today, modern technology allows us to make hundreds, or even thousands, of social network "friends" by merely adding their names to our list of computer contacts. And when we wish to end one of these "friendships", we simply delete that person's name from our list.

However, the tragic incident involving the woman in Britain underscores a starting reality -true friendship still eludes many.
In fact, one recent study revealed that although we are socializing more, the number of our truly close friends has decreased.

Like most people, you probably agree that good friends are important. You may also recognize that there is more to being a friend than simply clicking links on a computer screen or a smartphone.
What do you look for in a friend? How can you be a good friend? What does it take to forge a lasting friendship?..

Source: Awake!
Re: What Makes A Good Friend? by LordReed(m): 1:46pm On Oct 09, 2014
True friends are like your favourite shoes or jeans. They make you feel comfortable, good about yourself, stay with you where ever you go but still retain all the qualities that make them unique.

What I look for in a friend: acceptance, mutual admiration and respect, good cheer/sense of humor and loyalty. Theses things can be built online but require one to come out of any shell to truly interact with the other person. I have made a few good friends online so the possibility exists but it requires more than just clicking links really.

2 Likes

Re: What Makes A Good Friend? by Nobody: 3:26pm On Oct 09, 2014
A friend is someone that walks in,when the whole world walked out on you.

The friend believes so much in you,and have no reason to Doubt your ability.

Someone you can rely,and call upon anytime,and won't hesitate to beckon your call.

Someone ready to share his joy,and pains with you.

Do we still have such friends?

1 Like

Re: What Makes A Good Friend? by Kooldude01: 7:11pm On Oct 09, 2014
True friends are the ones that stay behĂ­nd to help clean ur mess when the party is over.

(1) (Reply)

The Use Of "NO OFFENCE" By Nairalanders After They've Finished Insulting You / Free 2015 Jamb Cbt Practice Software / Gunmen Kill UNIBEN 300level Student On Campus.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.