Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,666 members, 7,955,408 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 04:16 AM

Is An Average Nigerian Generally Self-centered OR Is Government To Be Blamed? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Is An Average Nigerian Generally Self-centered OR Is Government To Be Blamed? (675 Views)

9 Unexplained Events That Are Blamed On Aliens / The Average Nigerian Is Short / Can An Average Opobo Indigene Speak And Understand Ijaw? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is An Average Nigerian Generally Self-centered OR Is Government To Be Blamed? by Stoical: 9:27am On Oct 09, 2014
Good day Friends,

I really need to understand this. Maybe, your advice will encourage some people or help others re-channeled their energies towards achieving a brighter future.

There was a news that one Mr Usuah, a taxi driver returned about #18M to the owner, which was forgotten in his cab; so many reactions, both positive and scaringly-negative ones were made, all through FB, NL and other media. Does this mean that most of us who accused the man of being a full by returning the money wouldn't have done the same? Is this the corruption within us, OR is it the fault of Govt that we think this way?

The other day, a friend said that someone reported a huge amount of money lodged into his account. He even went on to say that the guy was "foolish", that if he were the one, he would've withdrew the money and "burn" it.

Really, there are several of such cases. Is this the fault of Govt, home-bringing, peer influence, or were we born with this habit
Share your thoughts and experiences!!!

1 Like

Re: Is An Average Nigerian Generally Self-centered OR Is Government To Be Blamed? by Ekiseme(m): 9:36am On Oct 09, 2014
It's the Govt's fault

Nigeria real motto is YOYO
Re: Is An Average Nigerian Generally Self-centered OR Is Government To Be Blamed? by Stoical: 11:10am On Oct 09, 2014
Ekiseme:
It's the Govt's fault

Nigeria real motto is YOYO

Really! Is there anything you can do on your own to become a better person? Is govt entirely to be blamed
Re: Is An Average Nigerian Generally Self-centered OR Is Government To Be Blamed? by black247: 5:43pm On Oct 09, 2014
This is an interesting question. I do think some aspects of our culture should be changed. But, I think a lot of Africans have this selfish culture - look at liberians with the ebola cases.

But, yes, I concede some of what we do should be changed. I just dont like other Africans: ghana and south africans shaming us for it

(1) (Reply)

Check Out Igbo Community That Widows Live Like Queen / Mini Shisha Hookahs for N3,500 (promo), Abj (pics) / Edo State Approves Crown Prince Eheneden Erediauwa As Oba Of Benin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.