Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:00 AM

How Do I Stay Sexually Pure? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Do I Stay Sexually Pure? (717 Views)

Always Thinking Of Sex, Sport Bet Among Others, How Do I Stay Focused In Church / No Jail For Pastor Who Raped Teenage Boys To Keep Them “sexually Pure” / Should I Go Or Should I Stay? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Stay Sexually Pure? by Ajibam: 9:29am On Oct 09, 2014
This is for those thinking that sex before marriage in inevitable..

A young woman recently wrote to me through my website. She's 18 and a university student and wanted to know how to stay pure. She said that people give advice to guys, but they're not the only ones who struggle with sexual desires. I'm glad she pointed that out. I agree! This is what I wrote to her. Maybe it will help you, too:

Dear Casey,

*Thank you so much for your note. I love that you're asking this question. The first thing that popped into my head was ... stay away from boys. Don't go on any single dates. Ask friends to keep you accountable! All those things are good things, but there'sa deeper issue and that's the desires of our hearts.

You're so right, girls do have sexual desire. We want to be held and kissed and be intimate. It's not just the guys who are thinkingabout those things. Girls also want to be loved, appreciated, and made to feel they're attractive. We want to see a sparkle in a guy's eye when he looks at us.

The truth is... that never stops. Ideally when we get married all our desire is to be toward our husbands, but I've even struggled with wanting to feel attractive to other men too ... we all want to be adored!

The thing is, what we do with our bodies starts with our minds and hearts. We think it. Then we dwell on it. Then we want to act it out. When I struggle with something, it's because my heart isn't where it should be. My first priority is to love Jesus with everything in me—to ask Him to satisfy me. To realize that I may be "missing out," but in the end I'll get the best. Those rules are good boundaries, but too many times we set them and then we like to dance on the line. We like to stick our toes across and see how far we can get.

Instead, it's better to ask Jesus to show us His way. After Bible reading, prayer and counseling with adults you respect (and who live righteous lives) your decisions will be just that... your decisions and boundaries.

Pray and ask God to change you from the inside out. Pray Psalm 139:23-24 and ask God to search your heart. If you find your mind wandering where it shouldn't be, pray 1 Corinthians 2:14-16. Ask for God to give you the mind of Christ.

Also, remember the God who created the universe can strengthen you (Is. 40:28-31). He can help you through this! Finally, pray for your future husband.

Pray for his purity, his strength, and his desires to be saved for you. I guarantee that if you're praying for him to be strong it will encourage you to do the same."The One."

Praying for you,

Tricia.

http://www.charismamag.com/life/women/21470-how-do-i-stay-sexually-pure?utm_medium=MostPopularArticles_UnderArticle

1 Like

Re: How Do I Stay Sexually Pure? by Ekiseme(m): 9:32am On Oct 09, 2014
Ok
Re: How Do I Stay Sexually Pure? by philtrum(m): 9:37am On Oct 09, 2014
noted...

booked
Re: How Do I Stay Sexually Pure? by Nobody: 9:41am On Oct 09, 2014
Embrace your sexuality. Sex is never evil. Coming before marriage is no different from coming after marriage. Masturbation is not the only way. Give that right hand a rest.
Chrestards, y'all motherfuxkers need to stop masturbating so much.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Stay Sexually Pure? by Ajibam: 9:46am On Oct 09, 2014
sonOfLucifer:
Embrace your sexuality. Sex is never evil. Coming before marriage is no different from coming after marriage. Masturbation is not the only way. Give that right hand a rest.
Chrestards, y'all motherfuxkers need to stop masturbating so much.
Okay.
Re: How Do I Stay Sexually Pure? by Nobody: 12:10pm On Oct 09, 2014
If you're a guy lob off your penïs.
That way you cannot act on your "impure" thoughts.
Or your hand if you ever visit Dr Hans Jerkoff.
Matthew 5:30 anyone?

(1) (Reply)

Yahoo Plus Myth Or True? / Is Abortion Best Solution For Unwanted Pregnancy? / Tested And Trusted Weapons Of Christian Of All Ages

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.