Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,827 members, 7,956,129 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 04:03 AM

For Employed Youths Still Living With Parents - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / For Employed Youths Still Living With Parents (723 Views)

Am Getting Ashamed Of Still Living A Single Guy / PHOTO:151 Years Old(nigerian) Man Still Living / Couples Squatting With Parents: Your Experience And Take On It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

For Employed Youths Still Living With Parents by vybrant(m): 9:41pm On Oct 09, 2014
this is my question to all employed youths still living with their parents

To what extent do you assist with the family finance and upkeep?.

Not like I earn a great deal (infact, I earn 50k every month) but I feel that for a young man like me to be working and still live with his parents, he has to assist to lessen the financial burden on the parents in the best possible way he can. I'm still in my early twenties with the hope of starting a family of my own someday but most often that not, I feel compelled to save part of my income so as to set up an investment in the future instead of spending on myself or on atleast, my parents and two younger brothers. I feel I owe my parents a lot for struggling to put me through school but then, a man has to prepare for his future and put to optimum use, d little income he receives.

I want to hear people's opinion so as to be sure I'm doing the right thing

Thank you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: For Employed Youths Still Living With Parents by chidekings(m): 10:05pm On Oct 09, 2014
i really need an answer to that question,am still a student,but i earns some good amount of money every month,i train myself in sch and upkeep,but the little i bring to the family,they still see it as if it is not enough.

1 Like

Re: For Employed Youths Still Living With Parents by Nobody: 1:11am On Oct 10, 2014
You are doing the right thing,
Btw, staying with your family doesn't make any difference, even if you live on your own, get married and have your own kids tomorrow, your parents will still be there to depend on you.
Assist them with what you can and save the rest for your future.
In Africa our parents are our responsibility while we will be to our children.(I pray we all live the good life to spare them the burden)
Re: For Employed Youths Still Living With Parents by vybrant(m): 4:43am On Oct 10, 2014
urhoboman:
You are doing the right thing,
Btw, staying with your family doesn't make any difference, even if you live on your own, get married and have your own kids tomorrow, your parents will still be there to depend on you.
Assist them with what you can and save the rest for your future.
In Africa our parents are our responsibility while we will be to our children.(I pray we all live the good life to spare them the burden)
Thanks for your contribution
Re: For Employed Youths Still Living With Parents by vybrant(m): 4:46am On Oct 10, 2014
chidekings:
i really need an answer to that question,am still a student,but i earns some good amount of money every month,i train myself in sch and upkeep,but the little i bring to the family,they still see it as if it is not enough.
Let's hope others contribute as well

(1) (Reply)

The Fourth Secret Of Successful Marriage / MY Watsap Chat With Dr Adams On Periodic Education Plan Protection For His Child / Anyone Staying Around Iju-ishaga?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.