Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,150 members, 7,957,286 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 10:23 AM

Look Inwards Too - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Look Inwards Too (508 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Look Inwards Too by me124(f): 9:47pm On Oct 09, 2014
I think the days of Mills and Boons,James Hardly Chase,Nora Roberts and the rest of them are numbered,if not over.we've got writers in Nigeria,juicy and enriching Nigerian literature are within reach,books that paint clear pictures of the average Nigerian life and society,our values,struggles,mistakes,dreams and even our environment.You wudnt even realise when you start nodding in agreement and smiling in identification.Fictions that talk about the harmattarn rather than the winter,the aso oke rather than the bonnet,the egusi soup rather than pizzas.Its good to know the culture of others but its rewarding to make our way of life known to others by writing our story ourselves.Lets look inwards,lets read and write Nigerian literature.It talks about us.

2 Likes

Re: Look Inwards Too by 2scorehigh(m): 3:27am On Oct 10, 2014
I'm with you on this. It feels so good to read Nigerian-themed stories. The instant connection is almost guaranteed to be there!

(1) (Reply)

Please Review My Free Book On Kindle / Alert!!! (a Must Read)... / Call For Participation Oyo State Interparty Youth Forum Inaugural Meeting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.