Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,591 members, 7,809,146 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:16 AM

Association Of Masscomm Student'unilorin' - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Association Of Masscomm Student'unilorin' (1268 Views)

Yabatech Now Offers HND Masscomm, Banking & Finance. Apply Now For 2014/15. / When Is Aaua Masscomm Student Having There Post Utme Exam / Admission Requirements For Masscomm De@unilorin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Association Of Masscomm Student'unilorin' by prettysheila(f): 10:37pm On Oct 09, 2014
Please where are the masscommunication scholars? Really need your guidance.Help the masscomm freshers get the in-to-to of studying masscommunication.
Re: Association Of Masscomm Student'unilorin' by illicit(m): 8:44am On Nov 28, 2014
Ok welcome dear, how are u? U knw am also a unilorite but in linguistics, btw what level are you i can connect u with some folks
Re: Association Of Masscomm Student'unilorin' by Sodiq3(m): 9:08am On Nov 28, 2014
Welcome to the field.

Mass communication.hmmm!!! First of all, you have to throw aside the illusion that the course is about Being a news presenter or a reporter of one newspaper. No, Mass communication is more broader than that, journalism is just a branch of its. The course entails public relations, advertising, film production, script writing, acting and all other professions that deal with communication.

In your first year, you will do mostly introductory courses like intro to mass comm, history of mass media, writing for mass, african comm system and some others. Your second year will be about principles i.e principles of advertising, public relations, development journalism, broadcast and also, theories of communication and others.

Third and fourth year entail going more deep into the course. You will be exposed to real life issues in mass media, advanced topics in PR, advert, broadcasting etc. You may be taken to studio at the second year but proper studio management starts from Third year.

At least, by the time you get to 300level, you should be tagged communication engineer, guru or expert because you would have gained indepth knowledge of the field of study.However, what i noticed about the course is that, you need to be very creative, i mean creativity speaks alot in mass communication. Both in reading and answering exam questions, creativity also matter. You also have to be good in cramming, but try to understand what you are reading. Both go hand in hand.

Last bullet: You can never, i mean NEVER, practice Mass Communication.

Download materials from here http://www.nou.edu.ng/NOUN_OCL/courses.htm .. mass comm courses start with MAC. Wish you a nice stay in the university.

300L Mass Comm, A.B.U, Zaria.
Re: Association Of Masscomm Student'unilorin' by OmoEniafelamo(m): 11:21am On Nov 28, 2014
I got a notification that you sent me an email but couldn't read it even after Nairaland asked me to reply to an electronic communication. You may look my up on Twitter as samuelOgundipe and well exchange mails there.
Re: Association Of Masscomm Student'unilorin' by Izy41(m): 5:39pm On Apr 23, 2015
prettysheila:
Please where are the masscommunication scholars? Really need your guidance.Help the masscomm freshers get the in-to-to of studying masscommunication.
whats up sheilat how as studies been?
Re: Association Of Masscomm Student'unilorin' by Izy41(m): 5:46pm On Apr 23, 2015
[quote author=Sodiq3 post=28411009]Welcome to the field.

Last bullet: You can never, i mean
NEVER, practice Mass
Communication.

Meaning?

(1) (Reply)

Jamb De 2015/2016 Commences / Animal Hybrids You Never Knew Existed - Re-post / Project Topics And Materials In ACCOUNTING EDUCATION

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.