Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,775 members, 7,955,961 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 07:44 PM

S’african Ebola Passenger Captured In Lagos - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / S’african Ebola Passenger Captured In Lagos (872 Views)

Passenger Dies At Lagos Airport, As Chidoka Tours Facilities / Ebola Cure? Nigeria Professor Research on treatment with Bitter Kola / Man From Nigeria Tested For Ebola In The UK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

S’african Ebola Passenger Captured In Lagos by Mtoluwase(m): 12:18am On Oct 10, 2014
A South African national, suspected of showing potential symptoms of Ebola Virus Disease, EVD, as she arrived Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos yesterday, has been captured and quarantined at the isolation ward in Lagos.

The female passenger, Folswe Elizabeth Maria, on board Royal Air Maroc, from Morocco was on transit and was said to have taken ill at the transit area of the airport after using the toilet. The case was immediately reported to officials of the Port Health Services who used the Infra-red Thermometre to test her and discovered that she had high temperature.

Maria was later taken to an isolation centre and kept under observation by Port Health officials.

She filled out a health questionnaire on her arrival at Lagos airport in which she acknowledged suffering from diarrhea and vomiting, both possible symptoms of the Ebola hemorrhagic virus.

Around 5000 people have died so far this year in the worst Ebola outbreak on record which has mostly affected Liberia, Sierra Leone and Guinea. It has also reached Nigeria and Senegal because of sick travellers “importing” the disease. Democratic Republic of Congo has a separate outbreak.

Nigeria, Africa’s most populous nation, has instituted Ebola screening, including infra-red temperature scans and symptoms checks at its airports after a Liberian-American infected with the disease brought it to Lagos in July after flying in from Liberia. He is one of seven deaths recorded so far out of 19 confirmed cases in Nigeria.

“Nigeria cannot afford another ‘importation’ of the Ebola disease ,” said Dr. Aileen Marty, a professor of infectious diseases at Florida International University College of Medicine.

Marty is working with Nigerian health authorities, under the auspices of the World Health Organisation, to maintain port of entry Ebola checks across the country.
Re: S’african Ebola Passenger Captured In Lagos by mperoakeem(m): 12:24am On Oct 10, 2014
God save us oo, i dont tink i can cope wit anoda ebola outbreak. Sorry i mean we
Re: S’african Ebola Passenger Captured In Lagos by iamtheprincipal: 12:28am On Oct 10, 2014
Thank GOD the Southern African - Folswe Elizabeth Maria was observed and quarantined early enough. Many thanks to our guys at the various International Airports' terminals, with special focus on MMA terminal, Good Job. We can't afford another outbreak. Eshee goon!
Re: S’african Ebola Passenger Captured In Lagos by cbrass(m): 12:38am On Oct 10, 2014
Why are these africans bent on creating more problems for us sef...wetin nwww, na we kill Mandella Ni
Re: S’african Ebola Passenger Captured In Lagos by Nobody: 1:31am On Oct 10, 2014
After they are sneeze our money they want to coming to share ebola for us.God is washing them.
Re: S’african Ebola Passenger Captured In Lagos by echobee(f): 2:00am On Oct 10, 2014
INSTINCTS:
After they are sneeze our money they want to coming to share ebola for us.God is washing them.
Yes,GOD is washing them grin grin. Naughty dude
Re: S’african Ebola Passenger Captured In Lagos by Nobody: 2:05am On Oct 10, 2014
echobee:

Yes,GOD is washing them grin grin. Naughty dude
Whats up babes anything for 'dudes'?.
Re: S’african Ebola Passenger Captured In Lagos by echobee(f): 2:19am On Oct 10, 2014
INSTINCTS:
Whats up babes anything for 'dudes'?.
go and sleep sad
Re: S’african Ebola Passenger Captured In Lagos by Nobody: 2:21am On Oct 10, 2014
echobee:

go and sleep sad
Sing me a lullaby and i will sleep.
Re: S’african Ebola Passenger Captured In Lagos by echobee(f): 2:23am On Oct 10, 2014
INSTINCTS:
Sing a lullaby for me and i will sleep.
nope. Go and sleep sad
Re: S’african Ebola Passenger Captured In Lagos by Nobody: 2:25am On Oct 10, 2014
echobee:

nope. Go and sleep sad
Ok. So that we dont derail the thread further.
Re: S’african Ebola Passenger Captured In Lagos by echobee(f): 2:30am On Oct 10, 2014
INSTINCTS:
Ok. So that we dont derail the thread further.
u and who? sad . Go and sleep angry. Naughty pikin tongue
Re: S’african Ebola Passenger Captured In Lagos by datguru: 4:37am On Oct 10, 2014
Abeg ooo

(1) (Reply)

10 Things To Stop Doing If You Want To Live Longer / How To Survive A Heart Attack When Alone / Shingles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.