Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,472 members, 7,770,163 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 06:18 AM

The Lindaikeji Story: What You Really Don' t Know - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / The Lindaikeji Story: What You Really Don' t Know (632 Views)

I Believe I Know How Nairaland Was Attacked...and How Lindaikeji's Blog Will Be! / The Best Blog In Nigeria Is Nairaland Not Lindaikeji Nor Bellanaija / PICTURE: Money don`t always buy happiness. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Lindaikeji Story: What You Really Don' t Know by donclark(m): 12:20am On Oct 10, 2014

I had so many peeps buzzing and asking why I didn't write on the Lindaikeji story and my response was that it was none of my business. I started blogging in 2010 and I must confess I was inspired by Lindaikeji who though was inspired by Uche Pedro of Bellanaija, has become the most successful blogger in Nigeria if not Africa.

You see the thing about google is that they're a modern day 'no nonsense' business outfit that who when a customer files a report about its staffs, they do not listen to the staffs complaint and fire the staff. Linda's case is similar. Google have some strict TOCs and one of the terms are they reserving the rights to delete your contents without any prior notice. They just don't care who you are, they take it down.

I remember my first blog when I started in 2010, it became a hit that I had a deal with CNN over the ALUU4 video (the video of 4 UNIPORT student what were gruesomely murdered in 2012). I obtained the video first and uploaded it on Youtube. CNN just got in contact with me that they would like to use the video and we negotiated and I got a cool cash from them wired straight to my Nigerian account and they were also to give me link backs. Few weeks later, peeps pinged to ask what happened to my blog, I was shocked when I checked and my blog was deleted with no explanation. I found out later I was reported for uploading a photo of a kid who was molested.

I was dejected and didn't blog for months cause I lost alot as all my Google accounts were deleted including gmail and adsense. I lost all my adsense revenues and the CNN contacts as we were only dealing via emails. Somehow in December 2012, I started this and I have truly never been the same again.

Linda's case might be different as she has revealed via her new blog [Yes she's back on her blog] It appears she and the Mr AyeDee guy who was a very good friend and confidant of hers, had a misunderstanding. But Linda had stepped on so many toes. Jim Iyke, Wizkid, Olamide, 9ice, Omoni Oboli to mention a few, have all filed a suite which were not acted on. But the AyeDee guy had the resources and got to her. Copyright infringement is a serious offence abroad and Google, who definitely owns lindaikeji..com, had no option than to act; especially after finding out she's breached alot.

Kemi Olunloyo had warned about copyright infringement and promised to get the likes of Lindaikeji's blog deleted but so many laughed off her claims.

I remember this year, I got a DMCA copyright infringement warning from Google over 2Face Idibia's 'Let somebody love you' song I had posted here. As i saw read the complaint made by 2Face's team, I wasted no time to delete the post and report back to google. I am sure Linda received such DMCA notice quite a number of times and also from the AyeDee guy but the thousands of emails she receives daily and ignore tell the stories now. Other celebs who had filed a DCMA report to Google maybe never followed on their suite but AyeDee had a mission.

I don't want to talk about the alleged plagiarism. It happens everywere in the world though I love to credit people, there are times we bloggers don't. For  instance, few weeks ago, one of the editors at Vanguard dug up a Jim Iyke and Kenturah Hamilton story and posted it. In a moment, it was all over the media. Top bloggers like Ladun Liadi had carried it. I saw the story and realised it was a story Stella Dimokokorkus had written exclusively laat year that I had also culled. Vanguard reposted an old story without crediting Stella!

Linda ignored so many advice to get a domain name for reasons best known to her. What she forgot was when you step on toes, then you must have a strong defence guard. You must protect yourself. people complain about her bragging but I see that as her business and choice. She feels she inspires people which obviously she does, but it only incites those whose toes, she had stepped on. Now the lesson is learnt, and though she's back now, she's probably learnt alot. I know she's obviously mad at google for not contacting her but if Google contacted everyone before deleting their accounts, then their TOCs are irrelevant.

Linda is now back on her blog as it appears the AyeDee guy has taken back is DMCA suite....but she's been quick to explain all that really happened. She explained why her blog was taken down as a selfish act from her friend Mr AyeDee. Find below:

1 Like

Re: The Lindaikeji Story: What You Really Don' t Know by okonja(m): 1:19am On Oct 10, 2014
Well, FYI, you are wrong, check out the main reason here>> https://www.nairaland.com/1941566/why-linda-ikejis-blog-shutdown
Re: The Lindaikeji Story: What You Really Don' t Know by darnley16(m): 12:52pm On Oct 10, 2014
Oh thanks a lot, now I understand, was a bit confused at first, buh thx oP for straightening it out now

(1) (Reply)

Cheapest Internet/mobile Browsing Data Plans - (mtn & Etisalat) / Yoruba Movies Lead Again As Censors Board Approves 79 Films / Happy Birthday Lilimax!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.