Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,378 members, 7,819,373 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:04 PM

Lawyers Or Police, Who Tell Lies Most Often? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Lawyers Or Police, Who Tell Lies Most Often? (409 Views)

Lies We Have Told Our Parents / Any Lawyer Or Police Officer That Can Help With These Questions / Do You Tell Lies? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Lawyers Or Police, Who Tell Lies Most Often? by eluquenson(m): 7:32am On Oct 10, 2014

The whole legal/judicial system in Nigeria are corrupt and prone to lying, but are police officers necessarily more trustworthy than alleged criminals? I think not. Not just because the police have a special inclination toward confabulation, but because, disturbingly, they have an incentive to lie. In this era of mass incarceration, the police shouldn’t be trusted any more than any other witness, perhaps less so.

I discussed this issue at length with a police officer friend who happens to disclose to me that lawyers are their mentor in terms of telling lies but, i disagree with him based on my several encounter with policemen. I later pondered about it if truly he said the trut to me or was just trying to cover up his profession.

What are your views?
Re: Lawyers Or Police, Who Tell Lies Most Often? by Lawstudent: 8:09am On Oct 10, 2014
In most cases, what people perceive as lies by lawyers are no lies bbut part of the professional ethics.

(1) (Reply)

Click And Like / Thread For Viewers Of The Walking Dead Season 5 / Man Laughs As House Bombs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.