Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,406 members, 7,815,892 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:25 PM

Beware! Nigerian Oil Boom Is Coming To An End! - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Beware! Nigerian Oil Boom Is Coming To An End! (709 Views)

Nigerian Oil Tycoon Ordered To Pay British Ex-wife,£17.5m In Divorce Settlement / Daughter Of Nigerian Oil Tycoon To Be Britain's First Black Marchioness / Nigerian Oil Minister Buys 20million Euro Mansion In Vienna? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Beware! Nigerian Oil Boom Is Coming To An End! by jejemanito: 3:48pm On Oct 10, 2014
This information was posted less than 24hrs ago on a nigerian engineers forum.

The constantly falling price of crude in the international market may have taken its toll on the sale of Nigerian crude in the international market as 40 cargoes of crude billed for November deliveries are yet to find buyers.
Market operators revealed that 40 out of the 63 cargoes billed for November deliveries could not get instant buyers at the world market yesterday due to low demand for the product as well as ample supply of crude in the market.

Reuters stated, “Less than two weeks before Nigeria’s December export cargoes start coming to market, nearly 40 cargoes of its November-loading cargoes were still available for purchase out of a total of 63 originally offered.”
The Nigerian crude which has found new buyers in Brazil and Asian countries like India in recent times fared poorly compared to crude from Angola which enjoyed a relatively robust demand from Asia for its distillate-rich crude.
Some traders however opine that buyers are becoming more speculative as they look to see what production activities will look like in other oil producing regions like the North Sea and Mediterranean regions.

Already, the price of crude oil ,WTI, has crashed from a September average of over $91 to $89.74 per barrel at the global oil market, thus sending intense fear of possible further fall in the price of the commodity owing to an expected increase in oil bunkering and piracy in the Gulf of Guinea as the country approaches a general election in the first quarter of next year.

Source: http://go.engineer-ng.net/m/discussion?id=6404812%3ATopic%3A97446

GUYS BEWARE! Most especially undergraduates choosing oil related courses and narrowing their hope into O&G coys. A word is enough for the ....
Re: Beware! Nigerian Oil Boom Is Coming To An End! by jejemanito: 3:49pm On Oct 10, 2014
I saw this information and I decided to share it after seeing this thread www.nairaland.com/1938587/entry-level-salaries-companies-nigeria by olutola88. Why you might ask. I don't know about you but I found it quiet alarming when I saw english graduates asking 'what certifications do I need to run so I could get into the O&G coys?' or is about the guy who studied criminology and still had the shameless gut to pin on Oil companies to employ him? So my people be very wise
Re: Beware! Nigerian Oil Boom Is Coming To An End! by omanifrank(m): 3:51pm On Oct 10, 2014
ok oh
Re: Beware! Nigerian Oil Boom Is Coming To An End! by alentyno: 4:03pm On Oct 10, 2014
It was bound to happen. But that doesn't mean everything will just cease though. Nice info nevertheless

(1) (Reply)

New NFA Chairman Threatens To Resign If Super Eagles Fail To Qualify For AFCON / Today Is First Horn-free Day In Lagos State / Moderator Of The Year

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.