Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,941 members, 7,817,752 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:37 PM

OLX Is The Most Useless Website - Autos (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / OLX Is The Most Useless Website (4879 Views)

Clean Toyota Corolla 2008 Nigerian Used Available On Olx / SCAM ALERT: Please Beware Of These two Gsm lines & Bank Accounts On Olx / Pls Who Has Bought A Car Through Before? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: OLX Is The Most Useless Website by expert101(m): 1:09pm On Oct 11, 2014
[size=18pt]I still wonder how those owners will make money with the amount of money they spend on adverts while thieves and scammers flock the site and they can't do anything to verify authentic ads. It shows that experts are clueless!

Let's keep watching them.[/size]
Re: OLX Is The Most Useless Website by Issyman(m): 1:19pm On Oct 11, 2014
Enesi212:
Funny, but I've sold some couple of stuffs on that website, its simple, If you cant see it, don't pay for it.

In my own case here, I posted advert for my car and a scammer re-post my advert with a lower price. The risk there is that if d bastard dupe a gullible buyer, it can get me into problem. I deleted my advert immediately.
Re: OLX Is The Most Useless Website by Nobody: 2:40pm On Oct 11, 2014
I will never forget my experience on dat site on how I was dup #1.1m November last year.
Re: OLX Is The Most Useless Website by BRAV0O(m): 3:18pm On Oct 11, 2014
U 're funny like sh!t , nops I mean sh!!t nairaland censor board becareful oO. grin.
kestolove95:
Only on olx u will get an iphone 6 london use a week after its reease for 40k...i hate dat site pass P.D.P
Re: OLX Is The Most Useless Website by jones9ice: 7:21pm On Oct 11, 2014
Dont blame dem blame yourself i do sell thing on there the reason why i said blame yourself because dont be carry away with low price tin and always look before you buy and do business in a open place my guy

1 Like

Re: OLX Is The Most Useless Website by iwakacome: 8:54pm On Oct 11, 2014
kestolove95:
Only on olx u will get an iphone 6 london use a week after its reease for 40k...i hate dat site pass P.D.P
lmfao OLX useless in a useful way
Re: OLX Is The Most Useless Website by vicadex07(m): 9:44pm On Oct 11, 2014
Why are people so dumb Seriously it baffles me. Why d hell will you send money to someone for a good you haven't seen and inspected thouroughly? You are all to blame for your woes. Did they use jazz to convince you.

I stay in Ibadan and I bought an HTC one X phone on Google trader last year. The seller was living in Lagos so I had to travel down and inspect the phone myself before anything. I didn't even go with cash just my ATM. We agreed to meet at one eatery at berger and after thoroughly inspecting the phone for over an hour(over some snacks), I went to the nearest atm to cash his money.

Even if you go to computer village to buy any Item yourself and you don't shine your eyes, you will get scammed.
Re: OLX Is The Most Useless Website by tomiobj(m): 10:16pm On Oct 11, 2014
idu1:
Olx s filled with fraud since 140bc
. Becos they had internet den
Re: OLX Is The Most Useless Website by emalekuo(m): 11:30pm On Oct 11, 2014
major466:
OLX need to enhance their site's security profile to rid out fraudsters who makes up the majority on the advertisement section. To be honest, the site is becoming useless day by day.
Why can't they organise themselves like Ebay?

Because the country itselve is not organized
Re: OLX Is The Most Useless Website by amosfunmi(m): 11:31pm On Oct 11, 2014
Some people are just fool and greedy and that's why they are being duped. Imagine a 2005 highlander for #500k some fools will still go ahead to inquire about such kind of advert. What do you expect "awoof dey run belle"

1 Like

Re: OLX Is The Most Useless Website by vicadex07(m): 11:48pm On Oct 11, 2014
amosfunmi:
Some people are just fool and greedy and that's why they are being duped. Imagine a 2005 highlander for #500k some fools will still go ahead to inquire about such kind of advert. What do you expect "awoof dey run belle"

Even at that, you should still go and try to inspect wat you're paying your hard earned cash for
Re: OLX Is The Most Useless Website by ninovandross(m): 12:16am On Oct 12, 2014
I've used Olx it was okay for me, I clld da dealer and we met at a rerstaurant for broad daylight no night nonsense and chckd his goods it was fine and I paid, deal done, I dnt like all those ones advrtisng their stuff wif pic from the internet na dem be 419nrs buh still be cautious tho
Re: OLX Is The Most Useless Website by flybiz08(m): 1:05am On Oct 12, 2014
Two friends of mine have been scammed on olx website and the catch was the extremely reduced price for the commodity.

Visit www.facebookcouponbank.com for your $50 Facebook advertising coupon vouchers.
Re: OLX Is The Most Useless Website by goldendiamond(m): 2:58am On Oct 12, 2014
Scammers are everywhere but its so sad olx has bcom a safe haven for them. I was almost duped last month. Av been calling this laptop seller I met on olx for weeks and we agreed to meet. We agreed at 15k and I was to buy 12pcs at 180k. Hp and Acer mini laptop(2g ram/320g hard disk). He first told me to pay and it will be delivered by fedex and I said no since we haven't transacted before. He insisted but I told him to pay is not a problem that after this deal I will be paying into his account for delivery.

He then told me to come to badagry and I told him I can't that he should send someone with the product and I will pay for delivery, he said no that if I really need it I will have to come down. Four days later I drove down for over 2hours from ogba ikeja. On getting to badagry the guy said I should come to seme border. I drove for another one hour. He told me to park at "ecowas" building at seme border then this guy switched off his phone. I waited for over 45minutes then someone called me claiming to be a dispatch driver telling me to pay N10,000 into an account so he can bring the laptops from the warehouse. I asked what was the cash for after stressing myself down to seme border why all this nonsense.

He then said he was sorry that the other guy is his boss that the 10,000 is for car fuel and delivery that it will be deducted from the 180,000. I said no that he should come with the 12 laptops and I will pay him the full cash. He then said how much can I afford for his car fuel that I can send 5,000 and he will come over within 15minutes. Then I deceived him and told him to send his bank account which he did. I told him I don't want UBA and he didn't respond so I called another laptop seller from olx and he played the same badagry/seme format then I told him I was at seme now and he said he was on his way. Told him to send his account details and he sent a keystone bank account. I then called and abused him and he cut off the line. I sent text messages to both of them and threatened to fish them out.

So my people I advice you to ignore all cheap laptop and car adverts on olx. They are all scammers. Beware of this two bank accounts.

UBA: 206-3502-769
"Samuel Emmnanuel"
Gsm line: 0813-023-5197

KEYSTONE: 601-6220-975
"Oseh Ojo Jerry"
Gsm line: 0816-485-5610.

One thing I noticed is that their voice don't sound like their names. They didn't have an accent from western or southern nigeria. Some even sounded like people from cotonou and togo. They are confirmed fraudsters. I was almost a victim. However I have also met genuine traders on olx. Last month I bought four laptops, two gsm handsets and a mtn hynet modem from true biz men. But 80% of olx adverts are all scam. When they tell you they are at badagry, apapa or alaba pls just ignore please. Shine your eyes my people. Its so sad and painful after all the stress down to badagry and seme border. Its these people that are spoiling our country's image. May God heal our land ijn. God bless Nigeria...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: OLX Is The Most Useless Website by Emekayoung(m): 9:41am On Oct 12, 2014
I blame those who pay money into people's account without seeing wat they are buying,so stupiiid of them..
Re: OLX Is The Most Useless Website by Nobody: 9:58am On Oct 12, 2014
A simple reason for my being addicted to Nairaland, properly managed by the owner and foot soldiers. Scammers can be reported in this forum and have their post removed and over the years we have proved Nairaland to be very reliable. LET'S PROMOTE THIS SITE.
Re: OLX Is The Most Useless Website by Issyman(m): 11:05am On Oct 12, 2014
chibabe3:
A simple reason for my being addicted to Nairaland, properly managed by the owner and foot soldiers. Scammers can be reported in this forum and have their post removed and over the years we have proved Nairaland to be very reliable. LET'S PROMOTE THIS SITE.

You are absolute correct
Re: OLX Is The Most Useless Website by Nobody: 11:30am On Oct 12, 2014
I have bought and sold many items on Olx without much ado cash on delivery still remains the best payment option.
Re: OLX Is The Most Useless Website by Hibiscuss(m): 1:58pm On Oct 12, 2014
And to think that OMOTOLA endorsed them.
Re: OLX Is The Most Useless Website by aghaibiam(f): 2:11pm On Oct 12, 2014
I got my car on olx.
I narrowed my search to the local govt i reside.
Called the seller,agreed on when to check with mechanic,
Went and checked,negotiated the price,inspected the papers,made a bank transfer and i rode my car home.just 4 days ago.
Re: OLX Is The Most Useless Website by Lordscrown(m): 10:31pm On Oct 13, 2014
The site is good,aprt from 80% of advert there is scam.just say a tokunbo toyota matrix for 170k...Nigeria is getting better o...ma advise is don't send money to any fucking body without seeing what u want to buy!!!
Re: OLX Is The Most Useless Website by Nobody: 11:08pm On Oct 13, 2014
I have bought and sold several items on Olx I think cash on delivery should be strictly adopted after the item in question is tested, please why should a person be so gullible to pay for an item he/she has not even seen physically please let's be wise.
Re: OLX Is The Most Useless Website by Howambay(m): 3:31pm On Nov 07, 2014
NO LONGER AVAILABLE
Re: OLX Is The Most Useless Website by heatmeup(f): 3:53pm On Nov 07, 2014
we will drive the car to bank together hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe
Re: OLX Is The Most Useless Website by rhames(m): 5:01pm On Nov 07, 2014
annoymous:

Even Google trader

this one is worse than olx.com. ng.

(1) (2) (Reply)

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ Customised Pimped Tokunbo 2008 B M W M6 By Hamann / Mercedes Benz C300 2010 Bought Brand New And Clean As A Whistle / Clean Toks Acura MDX Technology 2012 sold!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.