Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,521 members, 7,819,876 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:41 AM

Lets' Get Serious, Shall We... - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Lets' Get Serious, Shall We... (847 Views)

Wonders Shall Never End: Girls' Breasts Were Ironed To Prevent Them From S*x / Lets Get To Know Each Other's Culture / Lets Get A Belize Visa In Two Weeks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lets' Get Serious, Shall We... by SlimSkipper(m): 6:59am On Oct 11, 2014
Please before jumping to conclusion, think about your point(s) deeply and back it up with evidence either from the bible, quaran or encyclopedia.
ARE THIS THINGS METIONED BELOW REALLY BAD:
1. Self- servicing a.k.a hand service
2. Drinking of alcohol (may be just a little)
3. Marrying more than one wife
4. Ladies putting on trousers (even if its ladies trouser)
I would really want to know because in my own religion (christianity) the bible does not cathegorically condem this things except we want to be reinterpreting the bible.

pls i want to learn from fellow NLers that why am asking
Re: Lets' Get Serious, Shall We... by Justeenaleo(f): 2:24pm On Oct 11, 2014
Someone's trying to get serious on every section
Re: Lets' Get Serious, Shall We... by SlimSkipper(m): 8:03pm On Oct 11, 2014
Justeenaleo:
Someone's trying to get serious on every section
at least if i kno make FP i suppose make all d back page possible grin
abi wetin u feel nah
Re: Lets' Get Serious, Shall We... by Justeenaleo(f): 8:51pm On Oct 12, 2014
SlimSkipper:

at least if i kno make FP i suppose make all d back page possible grin
abi wetin u feel nah
wink
Re: Lets' Get Serious, Shall We... by Nobody: 9:38pm On Oct 12, 2014
Hi there, well there's nothing wrong with drinking a little bit of alcohol, remember Jesus changed water into wine. Almost everyone in the bible drank wine, Moses, Noah etc even got drunk at one point, that didn't stop God from loving them.

I don't really know if self service is a sin or not but if you do anything in secret that makes you feel guilty then follow your instincts and stop if you want to. You won't feel guilty if your spirit tells you what you are doing is ok, it's really up to you and whatever makes you happy.

I wear trousers especially jeans a lot, I actually prefer them to skirts. I don't think there's anything wrong with that. All these holy holy holy holier than thou churches need to understand it's not about the outward appearance but the heart. A lot of them look like angels yet the devil himself can't believe the level of wickedness in their hearts, hypocrites.

Lastly, I don't also know much about the number of wives a man can marry neither do I care. Many great men in the bible married more than one eg Jacob, David, Solomon etc.

I'm getting tired of the hypocrisy in society today, expecting this and that of everyone. Please for goodness sake, do whatever makes you happy and move on as long as you have a good heart which God alone can see, life is too short.

1 Like

Re: Lets' Get Serious, Shall We... by tolustx(m): 1:01am On Oct 13, 2014
SlimSkipper:
Please before jumping to conclusion, think about your point(s) deeply and back it up with evidence either from the bible, quaran or encyclopedia.
ARE THIS THINGS METIONED BELOW REALLY BAD:
1. Self- servicing a.k.a hand service
2. Drinking of alcohol (may be just a little)
3. Marrying more than one wife
4. Ladies putting on trousers (even if its ladies trouser)
I would really want to know because in my own religion (christianity) the bible does not cathegorically condem this things except we want to be reinterpreting the bible.

pls i want to learn from fellow NLers that why am asking

My opinion abt these is:
Concerning self service, I dnt think d bible mentions it specifically but even wen d bible doesn't categorically say somtin, den morals come in. For someone who engages in sex, sef service is jst a way of aving d same fun alone but for someone who believes sex shud be within marriage, he wil also nid to stay away frm self service.
About alcohol, cigar, etc. Morals also teach dat too much of it is dangerous. The bad thing abt it however is dat it can be so addictive. That's why it is better to stay away permanently. Prov. 23:29-35
Abt wives. Bible says a church leader shud be a man of 1 wife 1Tim. 3:2(I believe dats for decency, control and for responsibility). Then "For this reason...and cleave to his WIFE" Gen, 2:24. Solomons wives led him astray (1kings 11:1-11). Abraham had to send away Ishmael's mother and even David paid dearly with d life of Beersheba's first son 4 him.
Trousers. I love it on dem babes and bible is not against it. I will type too much if I'm to talk abt dat now.

(1) (Reply)

Is A Husband Really The Glory Of A Woman? / 5 Things You Didn’t Know About The Richest King In Nigeria / OGWASHI-UKU CARNIVAL, THE BEGINNING IN RETROSPECT

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.