Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,146 members, 7,818,436 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:48 PM

2008 Camry Dashboard - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 2008 Camry Dashboard (11941 Views)

Check Sign On Camry Dashboard / My 07/08 Camry Dashboard Is Melting: Sticky! / Advantages And Disadvantages Of 2008 Camry Xle V4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

2008 Camry Dashboard by bimbor(m): 7:04am On Oct 11, 2014
Hello house,

Is it possible to replace the dashboard of a 2008 Toyota Camry? I mean to remove the dashboard and put another one with custom fitting.
Has anyone done this before here in Nigeria?

And how much does it cost?
Re: 2008 Camry Dashboard by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:17am On Oct 11, 2014
Remove dashboard easy but custom fitting? Where do you intend to get it?
Re: 2008 Camry Dashboard by Jacksolo4me(m): 7:58am On Oct 11, 2014
Yep it is possible....Find a good auto upholstery and give them an idea of what u want done.

The camry dashboard is usually all bland n bare.

Mine recently was made savage love to by our prestigious mechanics n told me it was the sun that cracked it....it's either I got a new dashboard or just cover it up in 4D carbon vinyl.-which I did n it looked nice.
Re: 2008 Camry Dashboard by bimbor(m): 8:28am On Oct 11, 2014
GAZZUZZ:
Remove dashboard easy but custom fitting? Where do you intend to get it?

What I meant is that do they sell 2008 Camry dashboard here in Nigeria? I mean exactly like the one that came with the car.

And where can someone get it?
Re: 2008 Camry Dashboard by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:59am On Oct 11, 2014
bimbor:

What I meant is that do they sell 2008 Camry dashboard here in Nigeria? I mean exactly like the one that came with the car.

Ladipo, owode, toyota dealership.
Re: 2008 Camry Dashboard by bimbor(m): 9:27am On Oct 11, 2014
GAZZUZZ:

Won't the airbags deploy in an attempt to change it? Because I know the airbag is under the dashboard.
Re: 2008 Camry Dashboard by mayor2013: 9:31am On Oct 11, 2014
What is wrong with your old dash board. If you are buying another one its either it comes with airbag or not depending on what you want. But this also determines the price. That dash board should not be anything lesser than 50k
Re: 2008 Camry Dashboard by senator2k9(m): 10:48am On Oct 11, 2014
bimbor:

Won't the airbags deploy in an attempt to change it? Because I know the airbag is under the dashboard.

nO, the airbag won't deploy, the airbag sensors is on d front chasis close to the bumper, dats the only thing that can deploy d airbag and it has to hit with high impact before it deploys
Re: 2008 Camry Dashboard by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:56am On Oct 11, 2014
bimbor:

grin they don't deploy that way.
Re: 2008 Camry Dashboard by bimbor(m): 10:59am On Oct 11, 2014
GAZZUZZ:

grin they don't deploy that way.

I know say Gazzuzz go laff me grin grin
Re: 2008 Camry Dashboard by erico2k2(m): 11:13am On Oct 11, 2014
Op upgrade ur dash by adding extra moulds and wrap it rich leather.No need buying a new onw when you can cut more holes in the existing one.U can remove and add.just use your immagination and do a reverse Engineering on it.
Re: 2008 Camry Dashboard by jodeci01: 11:51am On Oct 11, 2014
Jacksolo4me:
Yep it is possible....Find a good auto upholstery and give them an idea of what u want done.

The camry dashboard is usually all bland n bare.

Mine recently was made savage love to by our prestigious mechanics n told me it was the sun that cracked it....it's either I got a new dashboard or just cover it up in 4D carbon vinyl.-which I did n it looked nice.

@ Jacksolo how do i get the carbon vinyl and who covered it for you?
Re: 2008 Camry Dashboard by Lexusgs430: 11:59am On Oct 11, 2014
bimbor:

Disconnect the battery prior, to avoid a balloon or two popping!!!
Re: 2008 Camry Dashboard by bimbor(m): 2:05pm On Oct 11, 2014
GAZZUZZ:

Is there any official Toyota Dealership in Nigeria?
Re: 2008 Camry Dashboard by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:59pm On Oct 11, 2014
bimbor:

Is there any official Toyota Dealership in Nigeria?

Toyota Nigeria has eight (cool dealers nationwide.

Their names are:

Elizade (Nigeria) Limited
RT Briscoe PLC
Globe Motors Holdings
Omoregie Motors
Germaine Autos Centre
Mandilas Enerprises Limited
Kojo Motors Limited
Metropolitan Motors

http://www.toyotanigeria.com/Dealer%20home.aspx

Let me give you heads up on their prices, your abs pump costs N400,000.
Re: 2008 Camry Dashboard by Nobody: 4:21pm On Oct 11, 2014
GAZZUZZ:

Toyota Nigeria has eight (cool dealers nationwide.

Their names are:

Elizade (Nigeria) Limited
RT Briscoe PLC
Globe Motors Holdings
Omoregie Motors
Germaine Autos Centre
Mandilas Enerprises Limited
Kojo Motors Limited
Metropolitan Motors

http://www.toyotanigeria.com/Dealer%20home.aspx

Let me give you heads up on their prices, your abs pump costs N400,000.

Lol, ordinary ABS pump. How much the engine go cost na?
Over priced toyota+over greedy Nigerian service centres giving Nigerian Toyota owners leaky pockets since 1960.
Re: 2008 Camry Dashboard by Jacksolo4me(m): 5:15pm On Oct 11, 2014
jodeci01:

@ Jacksolo how do i get the carbon vinyl and who covered it for you?

Got it from eBay. ... 7-10 days shipping.

In my case I came along with it when I returned...I did installations myself.
Re: 2008 Camry Dashboard by inze(m): 5:47pm On Oct 11, 2014
Jacksolo4me:

Got it from eBay. ... 7-10 days shipping.
In my case I came along with it when I returned...I did installations myself.

I think posting some pictures would do justice to the subject matter.
Re: 2008 Camry Dashboard by bravolad(m): 6:02pm On Oct 11, 2014
lomomike:

Lol, ordinary ABS pump. How much the engine go cost na?
Over priced toyota+over greedy Nigerian service centres giving Nigerian Toyota owners leaky pockets since 1960.

Sometime ago, someone paid 1.3 Naira to one of the Toyota dealerships in Abuja to replace his 07 camry engine. While some of us struggle to make money some don't and spend it recklessly. So @Lokomike don't be surprised.
Re: 2008 Camry Dashboard by chukel(m): 10:48pm On Oct 11, 2014
When I wanted to change mine, Elizade quoted 210k for me. I ran without looking back. An upholstery guy did a wonderful job for me and I have referred people to him. Below are the pics. He also refolded my torn front leather seat.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2008 Camry Dashboard by chukel(m): 11:24pm On Oct 11, 2014
While d work was going on I got these shots

Re: 2008 Camry Dashboard by bimbor(m): 1:58am On Oct 12, 2014
chukel:
While d work was going on I got these shots

Wooow!! @Chukel give me dat upholstery's no asap pls!!
He made your car new again.

This is a pretty wonderful job for real....Elizade won't do much of a difference na. Na just their packaging go dey different but this auto upholstery really tried, if not that you showed me the "Before" and "after" pics I won't notice anything at all.

But does he have the dash material in different shades of colour?
Re: 2008 Camry Dashboard by bimbor(m): 2:01am On Oct 12, 2014
Chukel na him help you fix the wood grain finishes too?
Re: 2008 Camry Dashboard by RoyalRoy(m): 4:44am On Oct 12, 2014
Nice job done on your dash Chukel. Really impressive!!
Re: 2008 Camry Dashboard by chukel(m): 9:30am On Oct 12, 2014
bimbor:

Wooow!! @Chukel give me dat upholstery's no asap pls!!
He made your car new again.

This is a pretty wonderful job for real....Elizade won't do much of a difference na. Na just their packaging go dey different but this auto upholstery really tried, if not that you showed me the "Before" and "after" pics I won't notice anything at all.

But does he have the dash material in different shades of colour?
I can give u his contact. But the ish here is dat he is in the east, owerri precisely and I kn or presume u reside in lagos. He had the leather material for both the dash and seats. Luckily for me, they were an exact match. He can get any material and quality u want. As for the wooden grain, I did dat myself. Bought dem in ladipo. About 12k in 2011. The seat and dash was about 20k including leather material. Price may have gone up now. If u r still interested in the number, lemme know.
Re: 2008 Camry Dashboard by Nobody: 10:07am On Oct 12, 2014
Lexusgs430:
Disconnect the battery prior, to avoid a balloon or two popping!!!

Since the Toyota airbag inflator and spiral cable recall, I must have replaced over 300 units. I've never disconnected the battery, and never had an airbag deploy.

I simply make sure the ignition is off, not due to the issue of inadvertent airbag deployment, more to make sure DTC's are NOT set in the process.

That being said though, it's a precaution to disconnect the battery before commencing SRS work.
Re: 2008 Camry Dashboard by Nobody: 10:13am On Oct 12, 2014
bimbor:

If you're after the OEM dash fascia, then that isn't custom fitting, it's a standard fitment, your opening post is misleading. Custom would mean a different dash, built to a different, bespoke specification from the original Toyota fitment.
Re: 2008 Camry Dashboard by dinyelutochukwu: 11:41am On Oct 12, 2014
chukel:
I can give u his contact. But the ish here is dat he is in the east, owerri precisely and I kn or presume u reside in lagos. He had the leather material for both the dash and seats. Luckily for me, they were an exact match. He can get any material and quality u want. As for the wooden grain, I did dat myself. Bought dem in ladipo. About 12k in 2011. The seat and dash was about 20k including leather material. Price may have gone up now. If u r still interested in the number, lemme know.

Chukel, kindly avail us his contact, the guy is a genius.

1 Like

Re: 2008 Camry Dashboard by bimbor(m): 2:54pm On Oct 12, 2014
Siena:

If you're after the OEM dash fascia, then that isn't custom fitting, it's a standard fitment, your opening post is misleading. Custom would mean a different dash, built to a different, bespoke specification from the original Toyota fitment.

@Siena I beg your pardon, I mean the OEM dash fascia not custom fitting.

@Chukel I'm in Lagos. So we have a challenge here?

Did u travel to the East because of this job?

@Sienna u mean u can replace the dash fascia with a factory spec?
Re: 2008 Camry Dashboard by chukel(m): 8:36pm On Oct 12, 2014
dinyelutochukwu:

Chukel, kindly avail us his contact, the guy is a genius.
he is nnanna. His number is 08037967316. Had to get his permission. @ bimbor, I stay in the east.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

25 Rules For Driving In Lagos / Toyota Avalon 2002 Xls V6 Versus Toyota Camry 2002 Xle V6 / What Are The Things To Consider Before Buying A Naija Used Car??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.