Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,856 members, 7,820,980 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:58 AM

Ladies: Why Do You Use Attachments? - Fashion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Ladies: Why Do You Use Attachments? (6515 Views)

Ladies Why Do You Wear Mini-skirt If You Dont Feel Comfortable In It? / What Type Of Perfume Do You Use? / Ladies; Why Do You Like To Wear G- Strings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ladies: Why Do You Use Attachments? by Jennydoris(f): 7:59pm On Oct 11, 2014
haibe:

In order words, the African hair is not so beautiful. . I now understand.

I didn't say that. African hair is beautiful on its own but not as that of the whites. Their hair is very silky, soft and long too. Their weather is very favourable to their hair unlike ours that brittles out our own. There is no way you will compare an African woman's hair with that of the whites. It's because of the texture of their hair that some of our African women go crazy with the issue of Brazilian weavon.
Re: Ladies: Why Do You Use Attachments? by Petitediva14(f): 6:51pm On Oct 12, 2014
I wear weaves, wigs and use attachment to protect my hair. Black hair is very fragile and sometimes to prevent breakage you need to leave your hair alone for a while.

The ends of our hair is very fragile and leaving it out might lead to some serious split ends and breakage if you don't remember to moisturise and seal. With protective styles your ends are hidden and there is a chance of less breakage. You just need to keep moisturising and sealing even when you do the protective style, remember to do a protein treatment before installing a protective style and also take down and detangle properly.
Re: Ladies: Why Do You Use Attachments? by haibe(m): 4:39pm On Oct 14, 2014
Petitediva14:
I wear weaves, wigs and use attachment to protect my hair. Black hair is very fragile and sometimes to prevent breakage you need to leave your hair alone for a while.

The ends of our hair is very fragile and leaving it out might lead to some serious split ends and breakage if you don't remember to moisturise and seal. With protective styles your ends are hidden and there is a chance of less breakage. You just need to keep moisturising and sealing even when you do the protective style, remember to do a protein treatment before installing a protective style and also take down and detangle properly.

Thanks for the reply, I guess the issue of breakage is a valid point.
Re: Ladies: Why Do You Use Attachments? by lepasharon(f): 10:41pm On Oct 14, 2014
I use synthetic hair. I have never put someone else hair on my head.
Re: Ladies: Why Do You Use Attachments? by haibe(m): 3:05am On Oct 15, 2014
lepasharon:
I use synthetic hair. I have never put someone else hair on my head.
what's the difference?

1 Like

Re: Ladies: Why Do You Use Attachments? by lepasharon(f): 3:42am On Oct 15, 2014
haibe:
what's the difference?

synthetic hair is artificial fibres made to resemble hair
Re: Ladies: Why Do You Use Attachments? by haibe(m): 4:09pm On Oct 17, 2014
lepasharon:

synthetic hair is artificial fibres made to resemble hair
okay
Re: Ladies: Why Do You Use Attachments? by ninaangelina: 10:53am On Oct 18, 2014
Well ..I think as Hair plays vital role for enhancing beauty most of the women who do not like their Hairs or they might want to change their look apply these various types of extensions like Brazilian ,Malaysian and many more .I usually go for a Virgin Indian hair .

1 Like

Re: Ladies: Why Do You Use Attachments? by yolobabe(f): 6:09pm On Oct 18, 2014
Jennydoris:

If our African hair can grow this long then there will be no need for attachment and weavon. But as you know naturally African hair can grow long but definitely not as this one. So that's why some add a little attachment to their hair to give it a beautiful look. Remember that our choices differs.
Babe...nigerian hair can grow up to waist lenght if u dunno.....I'm currently armpit lenght and on my journey to waist lenght.....it is just that our hair needs more care since it gets dry easily....so don't use peoples "uncared for hair" to judge africans.....do research.........naija hair can grow

And i use attachements for protective styling(to protect my ends)I don't know about others

#PEACE

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ladies: Why Do You Use Attachments? by Jennydoris(f): 10:07am On Oct 19, 2014
yolobabe:

Babe...nigerian hair can grow up to waist lenght if u dunno.....I'm currently armpit lenght and on my journey to waist lenght.....it is just that our hair needs more care since it gets dry easily....so don't use peoples "uncared for hair" to judge africans.....do research.........naija hair can grow

And i use attachements for protective styling(to protect my ends)I don't know about others

#PEACE

No matter how long your hair grows it will never grow like that of the whites... that's a fact. some of us have naturally long hairs and some do not. But no matter how long we tends to care for its growth.... Our African hair can grow and be bulky but not as silky and as long as the whites.

1 Like

Re: Ladies: Why Do You Use Attachments? by Nobody: 10:39am On Oct 19, 2014
My hair is full, and long, but tough. No matter the relaxer i use, it just don't relax and within 2weeks after re-touching it, it becomes strong and painful to comb. So i use attachments to help. And i don't know if i'm the only one noticing this, but my hair seem to grow longer since i started using attachments, because the attachments cover the scalp from the sun, and you know, much sun on the scalp prevents 45% of hair growth. My hair is an inch below my shoulders now.
Re: Ladies: Why Do You Use Attachments? by haibe(m): 10:01pm On Dec 25, 2014
missberrypop5:
My hair is full, and long, but tough. No matter the relaxer i use, it just don't relax and within 2weeks after re-touching it, it becomes strong and painful to comb. So i use attachments to help. And i don't know if i'm the only one noticing this, but my hair seem to grow longer since i started using attachments, because the attachments cover the scalp from the sun, and you know, much sun on the scalp prevents 45% of hair growth. My hair is an inch below my shoulders now.
hmmmn. just seeing this.

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Latest Hot Afro Hairstyles / Meet 18-year-old Model Whose Massive Butt Is Getting Major Attention On Instagra / Kubwa-Abuja: Imported Perfume @#1,200 Per One

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.