Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,597 members, 7,958,839 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 04:54 AM

Why Is It Cool To Be Called A Baaaad Guy? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Is It Cool To Be Called A Baaaad Guy? (596 Views)

Is It Degrading To Be Called A 'baby Mama'? / Picture Of A Funny Bar...called A Day Care Center / Is It Cool For A Husband To Always Send His Wife On An Errand? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is It Cool To Be Called A Baaaad Guy? by simplyOJ(m): 9:58am On Oct 11, 2014
Back in my teens around the middle to late eighties and even at the university, it was always cool to be labelled a bad guy by your peers, especially when you seems to have achieved or mastered one feat or the other; in class or in a relationship. This label of the 'baaaad guy' makes whoever is addressed by, begins to move with a certain swag, like he's ontop of the world like Tony Montana of the epic film: Scar Face.

On the other hand, if you're called a good guy, it some like sound and feel like you're been labelled weak and some like a sissy.

Am I the only one who have noticed this. This seems prevelent among guys, even the 'Big Boyz' in town are down with this. What's your take?
Re: Why Is It Cool To Be Called A Baaaad Guy? by tintingz(m): 10:36am On Oct 11, 2014
True.

I think the word "bad" has been changed to it opposite "good".

You see a nice gadgets like phone, you hear "this phone is baaaad" meaning this phone is extremely goood.

But if you are talking about a "bad guy" you should know he's a bad guy.
Re: Why Is It Cool To Be Called A Baaaad Guy? by Tapout(m): 11:36am On Oct 11, 2014
it's just to feel respected and feared cool. No big deal about it.......even tho most of them dey fear pass chicken sad. I remember one notorious mudafuc*ker back then, the day soldiers come carry am, na so em just dey cry dey shout mummy o!!!.. angry I was really embarrassed

2 Likes

Re: Why Is It Cool To Be Called A Baaaad Guy? by sebali: 5:12pm On Oct 11, 2014
A badt guy is a badoo and a badoo is a sharp guy
Re: Why Is It Cool To Be Called A Baaaad Guy? by bebe2(f): 5:31pm On Oct 11, 2014
Dats what the world is turning into.

Wicked and bad are now used to qualify good things.

While good is now something to be ashamed of.

Someone once called me "bebe to baaaddd"
It felt so good, I almost give am my bank card with my pin number grin

May God help us
Re: Why Is It Cool To Be Called A Baaaad Guy? by pickabeau1: 6:40pm On Oct 11, 2014
Bebe2 toh badt...

Can I drop my account number embarassed embarassed

grin
Re: Why Is It Cool To Be Called A Baaaad Guy? by bebe2(f): 9:39pm On Oct 11, 2014
pickabeau1:
Bebe2 toh badt...

Can I drop my account number embarassed embarassed

grin

Hahaha babessss

U too harsh grin
Re: Why Is It Cool To Be Called A Baaaad Guy? by Nobody: 9:46pm On Oct 11, 2014
bebe2:
Dats what the world is turning into.

Wicked and bad are now used to qualify good things.

While good is now something to be ashamed of.

Someone once called me "bebe to baaaddd"
It felt so good, I almost give am my bank card with my pin number grin

May God help us

lol

(1) (Reply)

What Is Your Best Inherited Quality?? / Causes Of Anger In Early Childhood / He Mistakenly Exposed Himself To The Girl He Was Trying To Woo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.