Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,409 members, 7,954,623 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 02:16 AM

Why Are We Not One??? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Are We Not One??? (759 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Are We Not One??? by Jiteshell(f): 11:04am On Oct 11, 2014
Why are we not one

This question came up this morning in my room. I was just reading articles online and heard a roommate ask "why are Christians not one?".

This spurred me into writing this.
A muslim in the need to pray or worship can bodly walk into any mosque around and worship comfortably, though I know that there are sects in Islam yet it is all woven in a way that the are one body.

But in the church or body of Christ, everyone is to themselves. Here we see catholics screaming that pentecostals or protestants are not the real Christians. Arguments both online and offline, Christians fighting against each other on who is the right one.

The body of Christ keeps on falling as a result of our stupidity. We are called to be examples, living the life that shows Christ but we waste our times arguing on who is the right church. We have blocked our eyes and become blind to the darkness ravaging the world living in our own cocoon of rightness, we have blocked our ears to the cry of the lost souls wishing for someone to explain Christ and show him to them, we have blocked our nostrils with wool so as not to perceive the stench of destruction caused by devilish acts all around the world, we have blocked our mouth from speaking the truth to the broken hearted.

Oh Christians, my heart bleeds as I write this, why have we strayed from our purpose, why are we wasting time with church doctrines and ignoring the right things.

A deeper lifer cannot worship in another church all because of doctrine, a redeemer would see a gospel pillars member as a carnal entity, a winners member would see the synagogue church of all nations as a church dedicated to the devil, are you not already dedicated to the devil in your heart as you judge? A catholic would prevent her child from getting married to a pentecostal all because of doctrines.

Rather than living the life God called us to live, we are living a life enshrined in doctrines.

We have closed our hearts and let sinners keep on sinning, left new converts confused on what is right.

My hands shake, my heart bleeds, my lips tremble. What are we doing to change this. We have subjected ourselves to ridicule by unbelievers as a result of the scattered church. Even within the one church, there is discrimination with one department thinking the other is too carnal and within a department, insensitivity and discouragement making one wonder if working for the church of Christ is worth it.

It's time we woke up and do what's right. It's time we shove doctrines aside and become one body. It's time we focus on our purpose, on bringing in lost souls and showing them the marvelous light. It's time we embraced each other in love, it's time for a change.
Its time we show forth christ in unity.
It begins with you.
Thank you.

http://jiteomare./2014/10/11/why-are-we-not-one/
Re: Why Are We Not One??? by Hiswordxray(m): 1:10pm On Oct 11, 2014
This division is due to immaturity of the Church. The body of Christ is so immature and confuse but the Bible says some very interesting " 11 And He Himself gave some to be apostles, some prophets, some evangelists, and some pastors and teachers, 12 for the equipping of the saints for the work of ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ, 13 till we all come to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to a perfect man, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ; 14 that we should no longer be children, tossed to and fro and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the trickery of men, in the cunning craftiness of deceitful plotting, 15 but, speaking the truth in love, may grow up in all things into Him who is the head—Christ—(Eph 4:11-15).

(1) (Reply)

OMG - Nigerian Soldier Engage BH Militant In Hand Combat - Video / Countries That Do Not Celebrate Christmas. / To Hell With God's Mercies!!!- Imoh David

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.