Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,491 members, 7,819,790 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:28 PM

Linda Ikeji Vs Google: Lessons Learned - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Linda Ikeji Vs Google: Lessons Learned (554 Views)

Bloggers: Before You Try To Be Like Linda Ikeji... / Sitemeter.com Vs Google Analytics / Which Is Better? / Adplacers Vs Google Adsense - On Nairaland - In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Linda Ikeji Vs Google: Lessons Learned by JohnObidi(m): 1:42pm On Oct 11, 2014
What’s this furore about Linda Ikeji’s issues with Google. If you don’t know what happened, here’s a short summary – Her high-earning blog (on .com) got shut down by Google due to multiple CLAIMS of copyright infringement.

Personal opinions aside, I’ll quickly offer some advice that will hopefully save you a lot of headache.

1. Never Build Your House on Rented Land: This was kind of the central theme of my SMW Lagos talk. Your (self-hosted) website must be the center of your marketing activities. You might have a raving audience on Facebook, Twitter, or wherever the party’s at, but in reality, that’s just rented space. Let me emphasize that if you have a blog, you do not own it. Google does. Make concerted efforts to move your fanbase to your digital assets that you actually OWN and control (your website and email list). It doesn’t cost as much as it used to.

2. Develop the Culture of Attribution: As a beginner, you might feel amateurish crediting a 3rd-party content source, but nothing could be further from the truth. Crediting original content creators (with hyperlinks) can actually make you look more professional. As a HUGE bonus, it improves your SEO (Search Engine Optimization) rankings. So whether it’s a video, image or quote, be a carebear and send them some linklove.

UPDATE: As of this morning(10/10/2014), Linda Ikeji’s Blog has been reinstated by Google, but she has quickly ‘done the needful’ by registering her own domain name (LindaIkejiOnline.com).As always, I’m always available to answer your questions on Social Media Marketing, so leave a comment and let me know your thoughts.

Source: http://obidisocial.com/linda-ikeji-vs-google-lessons-learned

(1) (Reply)

Become Partner Under Myhostbuddy - A Very Attractive Income + Free Car!!! / Create Your Own Company Logo With Adobe Photoshop / Web Developers Alliance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.