Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,130 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:54 PM

Help : Editing A Html Template - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Help : Editing A Html Template (1584 Views)

Invalid Security Token Error 403 Blogger Template / Help: Editing A Flash Template Site / Tutorial: How To Return Html In Json Response Using Asp.net And Jquery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help : Editing A Html Template by 1stdami(m): 3:16am On Oct 13, 2014
hello fellow programmers and web designers . i downloaded a template for a site i was trying to develop but i have been able to edit every thing in the html content of the template apart from the authors name which is usually below the blog(i attached a picture of the name am talking about). i made some improvement during my search, i found the name of the author and what i need to remove in the footer but once i remove it the site only redirects to the site of the distributor or author of the template pls kindly help me out.

1 Share

Re: Help : Editing A Html Template by CodeHouse: 6:54am On Oct 13, 2014
Remove the <href> tag that links to the author's website, or replace with your own link if you want to direct it to your site

E.g

<div class="copyright">Powered by <a href="http://www.defaultsite.com/">Author</a> </div>
Change to something like this:
<div class="copyright">Powered by <a href="http://www.yoursite.com/">YourName</a> </div>
Or
<div class="copyright">Powered by <a>YourName</a> </div> or something
Re: Help : Editing A Html Template by 1stdami(m): 11:40am On Oct 13, 2014
the problem is that i have checked the whole code searched i can find the link embarassed embarassed embarassed but i could only see the code that controls the function . whenever i try to remove that line of code the website redirects
Re: Help : Editing A Html Template by CodeHouse: 11:51am On Oct 13, 2014
Is it a one-page site? I thought you said you have it downloaded on your PC? What are you using to edit?

Stop clicking on the link while attempting to edit it,you could just highlight and delete it or use click on the line where the code is and then use your keyboard arrow key to navigate your way down to the link and backspace all.
Re: Help : Editing A Html Template by 1stdami(m): 12:06pm On Oct 13, 2014
i highlighted it has i should but it seems like if i remove the code it is programmed to automatically redirect to the autor's page donot know how thats possible lipsrsealed lipsrsealed ... i downloaded the template so that i can have time to check well am using notepad++ to check it
Re: Help : Editing A Html Template by CodeHouse: 12:17pm On Oct 13, 2014
Send me a link, let me check it out
Re: Help : Editing A Html Template by 1stdami(m): 2:55pm On Oct 13, 2014
http://www.dammylarry..com/ that is the link to the website ... u can check the footer for the links am talking about
Re: Help : Editing A Html Template by 1stdami(m): 2:57pm On Oct 13, 2014
i have been able to move the location from left to right
Re: Help : Editing A Html Template by CodeHouse: 3:09pm On Oct 13, 2014
I didn't see any thing at the footer..check through allthe associated file that came with your download and check for any relationship, what you want to do can't be difficult.

Send me a link to download the file so as to check myself or do you have a remote desktop connection so I can edit it directly for you on your PC, with that I can view your computer from here and see exactly what you are doing.
Re: Help : Editing A Html Template by CodeHouse: 3:12pm On Oct 13, 2014
Aren't you suppose to be able to edit it through your bloggerr control panel or something?
Re: Help : Editing A Html Template by 1stdami(m): 9:14pm On Oct 13, 2014
i am using my schools wifi its kinda fast but i dont have the knowledge of that kind of technology abt u viewing my pc from hia.......

mayb u can tell me how to go abt it... i can edit my html on google blogger
Re: Help : Editing A Html Template by CodeHouse: 9:20pm On Oct 13, 2014
Go and paste your code somwhere I can view from here
Re: Help : Editing A Html Template by 1stdami(m): 9:23pm On Oct 13, 2014
Re: Help : Editing A Html Template by CodeHouse: 9:25pm On Oct 13, 2014
Do u know how to use github?
Re: Help : Editing A Html Template by 1stdami(m): 9:25pm On Oct 13, 2014
can i send it to yur mail pls
Re: Help : Editing A Html Template by 1stdami(m): 9:28pm On Oct 13, 2014
i dont know gitub what is it
Re: Help : Editing A Html Template by CodeHouse: 9:31pm On Oct 13, 2014
I asked you earier if you could send me the link but you didn't until now..I will download it and checkit out for ya
Re: Help : Editing A Html Template by 1stdami(m): 9:32pm On Oct 13, 2014
i just checked google for it am goan sign up naw drop yur username it shd be a cool platform
Re: Help : Editing A Html Template by 1stdami(m): 9:36pm On Oct 13, 2014
thanks will be waiting
Re: Help : Editing A Html Template by CodeHouse: 9:37pm On Oct 13, 2014
Done, so what do you want to write in place of Sora Template and the link?
Re: Help : Editing A Html Template by CodeHouse: 9:45pm On Oct 13, 2014
Just to be sure, in the rar file, you have the documentation folder in which you have an index.html file, right? And it is the index.htlml file you intend to edit the copyright info and link?

Note: refresh you device or pc every 10 seconds to get my reply
Re: Help : Editing A Html Template by 1stdami(m): 9:49pm On Oct 13, 2014
owkay am waiting
Re: Help : Editing A Html Template by CodeHouse: 9:50pm On Oct 13, 2014
Here is the edited html file

Re: Help : Editing A Html Template by 1stdami(m): 9:52pm On Oct 13, 2014
i just want it empty
Re: Help : Editing A Html Template by CodeHouse: 9:52pm On Oct 13, 2014
I've sent you the file already you seem not to respond almost real time, hoping that nairaland will implement chat feature some day.

Click on the the file in the post above to download it
Re: Help : Editing A Html Template by CodeHouse: 9:57pm On Oct 13, 2014
1stdami:
i just want it empty

Uffff! Alright, alright, here you go
Index.html without footer info (why would you want to do that)

1 Like

Re: Help : Editing A Html Template by 1stdami(m): 10:14pm On Oct 13, 2014
you know what i have viewed it but its like you dont seem to edit the footer will that github be beta
Re: Help : Editing A Html Template by CodeHouse: 10:22pm On Oct 13, 2014
Alright firstly, it has nothing to do with github and secondly, I believe I've edited the footer as you descibed.

Show me a screen shot of what it looks like now
Re: Help : Editing A Html Template by 1stdami(m): 10:22pm On Oct 13, 2014
this is the template that i downloaded and am trying to edit
Re: Help : Editing A Html Template by CodeHouse: 10:25pm On Oct 13, 2014
Ok show me
Re: Help : Editing A Html Template by 1stdami(m): 10:29pm On Oct 13, 2014
this is the template in the 1st attach

the second is a screen shot of the place i tink the problem is

Re: Help : Editing A Html Template by 1stdami(m): 10:32pm On Oct 13, 2014
the code i underlined if u float: left it u will notice that the name of the author moves to the left but wen u rmv it u will notice that the website only redirects

(1) (2) (Reply)

Which Is The Best Serve Side Scriptn Language Php Vs Ruby Vs Python Vs Perl / Learning To Code In Naijarea / To programmers in Nigeria and in the world, I sincerely need your help.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.