Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,647 members, 7,809,443 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:41 AM

South Africa Floors Nigeria On Mtv’s List Of Hottest African Rappers - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / South Africa Floors Nigeria On Mtv’s List Of Hottest African Rappers (4520 Views)

Davido, Olamide And Burna Boy Make List Of Hottest Male Celebrities / Tiwa Savage, Seyi Shay And Others Make List Of Hottest Female Celebrities / Top 15 Hottest African Female Celebrities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

South Africa Floors Nigeria On Mtv’s List Of Hottest African Rappers by entadaplace: 5:32am On Oct 13, 2014
After their controversial list of the greatest Nigerian songs ever, MTV Base has released another list, this time of the hottest rappers on the continent at the moment.

4 Nigerian acts made the list, including Ice Prince, Burna Boy, Olamide & Phyno. While Ghana’s favourite, Sarkodie is makes the cut too, along side 5 other rappers from South Africa.

See the list below.

1. Cassper Nyovest

2. K.O

3. Ice Prince

4. AKA

5. Burna Boy

6. Sarkodie

7. Olamide

8. iFani

9. Phyno

10. Duncan
What do you think. I guess Nigerians would reject this list too.

http://entadaplace. com/2014/10/13/south-africa-floors-nigeria-on-mtvs-list-of-hottest-african-rappers/
Re: South Africa Floors Nigeria On Mtv’s List Of Hottest African Rappers by Komedy(m): 5:46am On Oct 13, 2014
[center][/center] burna boy?

1 Like

Re: South Africa Floors Nigeria On Mtv’s List Of Hottest African Rappers by Bakersfield: 6:00am On Oct 13, 2014
Joking. Where is ALAGA IBILE Reminisce

1 Like

Re: South Africa Floors Nigeria On Mtv’s List Of Hottest African Rappers by herald9: 6:05am On Oct 13, 2014
When did Burna boy become a rapper?
So it has come this extent that they don't even know who raps in Nigeria...
Am not surprise sha... This will always happen when rappers keep shunning creativity just to throw shiiit at us and get sone extra bucks...
Have always been a fan of SA raps cause they do it like It's supposed to be done...

Shoutout to AKA and Maggz etcsmiley
Re: South Africa Floors Nigeria On Mtv’s List Of Hottest African Rappers by qadeerkug(m): 6:06am On Oct 13, 2014
Re: South Africa Floors Nigeria On Mtv’s List Of Hottest African Rappers by Nobody: 6:29am On Oct 13, 2014
herald9:
When did Burna boy become a rapper?
So it has come this extent that they don't even know who raps in Nigeria...
Am not surprise sha... This will always happen when rappers keep shunning creativity just to throw shiiit at us and get sone extra bucks...
Have always been a fan of SA raps cause they do it like It's supposed to be done...

Shoutout to AKA and Maggz etcsmiley

I love Maggz too. He is just awesome. Don't know about AKA though, to me he seems like another American wannabe. I'd replace him with JR, HHP or even PRO. JR's "you're so hot, hot, hot, hot" song was hot. And who can forget "make the circle bigger"? I prefer genuinity over the Americanised version of rappers. Loathe fake accents.

On the Nigerian side, love Ice Prince. Was obsessed with his song, I swear.

Kwaaaks @ Ifani making the list. I love the guy, he has charisma but I wouldn't consider him a rapper lol. He's just an adorable weirdo.

Not a bad list though.
Re: South Africa Floors Nigeria On Mtv’s List Of Hottest African Rappers by herald9: 7:04am On Oct 13, 2014
-
Re: South Africa Floors Nigeria On Mtv’s List Of Hottest African Rappers by herald9: 7:10am On Oct 13, 2014
LaBellaMafiaZA:

I love Maggz too. He is just awesome. Don't know about AKA though, to me he seems like another American wannabe. I'd replace him with JR, HHP or even PRO. JR's "you're so hot, hot, hot, hot" song was hot. And who can forget "make the circle bigger"? I prefer genuinity over the Americanised version of rappers. Loathe fake accents.

Kwaaaks @ Ifani making the list. I love the guy, he has charisma but I wouldn't consider him a rapper lol. He's just an adorable weirdo.

Not a bad list though.

Lol.

But I think AKA is really the new face of SA hip hop...

You know he wants to be generally understood That's why he's acting like an 'American wannabe 'and may be to possibly get an international collabo...

I personally don't like songs I can't understand That's why I chose AKA... Others accents and regular chipping in of their language made it impossible for me to grasp the real meaning of their songs ...

Others on my list are
Khuli Chana
Reason
Tumi
Proverbs is simply out of this world....I still play one of the songs he did with our own mode9 ....dude is great!

As for others on your list...am yet to know them sha... Ice Prince is okay....at least he's triedsmiley

Are you from SA?
Re: South Africa Floors Nigeria On Mtv’s List Of Hottest African Rappers by Nobody: 7:17am On Oct 13, 2014
herald9:

Lol.

But I think AKA is really the new face of SA hip hop...

You know he wants to be generally understood That's why he's acting like an 'American wannabe 'and may be to possibly get an international collabo...

I personally don't like songs I can't understand That's why I chose AKA... Others accents and regular chipping in of their language made it impossible for me to grasp the real meaning of their songs ...

Others on my list are
Khuli Chana
Reason
Tumi
Proverbs is simply out of this world....I still play one of the songs he did with our own mode9 ....dude is great!

As for others on your list...and yet to know them sha... Ice Prince is okay....at least he's triedsmiley

Fair enough. I love Reason too. You have good taste in mcees lol.

I chose Ice Prince because I really loved that song. I don't know many Nigerian rappers or remember all their names. The music is not bad though. IDK if you live in S.A or not, but T-bo Touch tries a lot to introduce Nigerian artistes/songs to S.A listeners on his hip hop show Touchdown (Metro Fm). I love music so I tune in every thursday to listen to new Naija tracks & whatnot. Really not bad smiley
Re: South Africa Floors Nigeria On Mtv’s List Of Hottest African Rappers by Nobody: 8:18am On Oct 13, 2014
Lool. The list is wrong!!! Mtv base africa tweeted it, when Aka asked the why burna is 5. Wait for the real list though
Re: South Africa Floors Nigeria On Mtv’s List Of Hottest African Rappers by herald9: 8:55am On Oct 13, 2014
LaBellaMafiaZA:

Fair enough. I love Reason too. You have good taste in mcees lol.

I chose Ice Prince because I really loved that song. I don't know many Nigerian rappers or remember all their names. The music is not bad though. IDK if you live in S.A or not, but T-bo Touch tries a lot to introduce Nigerian artistes/songs to S.A listeners on his hip hop show Touchdown (Metro Fm). I love music so I tune in every thursday to listen to new Naija tracks & whatnot. Really not bad smiley

Lolz Emcees... yea ...got a lotta respect for those guys

Listening to them is like reading a deep-versed poetry...

They are gods of words....masters of minds... literal moodswingers

They can make you miserable...comfort you or make you go berserk!
If you're bout to commit suicide please stay away from these guys cause they'll make it more appealinggrin

Talking bout Nigerian rappers ah could introduce you to yung6ix.... dude is cool... didn't want to include M.I cause he's been on ghost mode for sometimes now...he'll just appear to drop some mixtape and disappear...but he's old albums are still inspiring... dunno whether I should include Vector....

Nigeria got a lot of rappers It's only a pity they're doing mainstream That's why I either listen to foreign or turn on to SA...

Am not in SA... It's cool you like our music... I like yours toosmiley
Re: South Africa Floors Nigeria On Mtv’s List Of Hottest African Rappers by Nobody: 9:06am On Oct 13, 2014
Bruna boy na rapper? Lool. Sarkodie and ice prince though...
Re: South Africa Floors Nigeria On Mtv’s List Of Hottest African Rappers by Nobody: 9:59am On Oct 13, 2014
herald9:

If you're bout to commit suicide please stay away from these guys cause they'll make it more appealinggrin

Talking bout Nigerian rappers ah could introduce you to yung6ix.... dude is cool... didn't want to include M.I cause he's been on ghost mode for sometimes now...he'll just appear to drop some mixtape and disappear...but he's old albums are still inspiring... dunno whether I should include Vector....

Nigeria got a lot of rappers It's only a pity they're doing mainstream That's why I either listen to foreign or turn on to SA...

Kwaaaks @ suicide. Cool, I will check those guys out. Music is music to me, I don't care which country it comes from, if it sounds good I will listen to it. Don't tell anybody but I have CDs by Udit Narayan & Sonu Nigam. That's Indian music. I don't know what they are saying but it makes me draw a red dot on my forehead & dance lol. African music is the only kind that moves me emotionally though. I love, love those Swahili love songs *smirks*

Anyway, it was a great pleasure meeting you. Have a fantastic day & thanks for the new names smiley
Re: South Africa Floors Nigeria On Mtv’s List Of Hottest African Rappers by Waspy(m): 10:14am On Oct 13, 2014
What a list. Burna obviously should be low on the list if at all he's gon be there. For me Sark is the best in Africa. That niggas dey spit. Olamide for try if he is not into Yoruba hardcore

1 Like

Re: South Africa Floors Nigeria On Mtv’s List Of Hottest African Rappers by Endougs(m): 10:21am On Oct 13, 2014
And where is africa no1 lyricist Mode9
Re: South Africa Floors Nigeria On Mtv’s List Of Hottest African Rappers by philo3(m): 10:38am On Oct 13, 2014
u might call me ancient but fine..whr z M.I
Re: South Africa Floors Nigeria On Mtv’s List Of Hottest African Rappers by herald9: 11:07am On Oct 13, 2014
LaBellaMafiaZA:

Kwaaaks @ suicide. Cool, I will check those guys out. Music is music to me, I don't care which country it comes from, if it sounds good I will listen to it. Don't tell anybody but I have CDs by Udit Narayan & Sonu Nigam. That's Indian music. I don't know what they are saying but it makes me draw a red dot on my forehead & dance lol. African music is the only kind that moves me emotionally though. I love, love those Swahili love songs *smirks*

Anyway, it was a great pleasure meeting you. Have a fantastic day & thanks for the new names smiley

Looooooolz

Indian music?

I won't tell nobody... am good at keeping secrets and
It'll be a pleasure watching you dance to thatcheesy

I used to download their songs and used it as my ringtone... when I got a call peeps will be staring at me like one weird dude....I lost the song when I changed phone... Lol

Twas Nice meeting you too... No matter where we are music will always bring us together...

One Love Lady... Have a Nice daysmiley
Re: South Africa Floors Nigeria On Mtv’s List Of Hottest African Rappers by Johnfavour(m): 11:19am On Oct 13, 2014
When did Burna boy become a rapper? Or has my glasses expired?
Re: South Africa Floors Nigeria On Mtv’s List Of Hottest African Rappers by Nobody: 1:51pm On Oct 13, 2014
LaBellaMafiaZA:

Not a bad list though.

ice got the personality, but i doubt he is top 5 best in nigeria. But he is definitely the most consistent! There are crazier rapper, yung6ix, prometh, MI AND JESSEJAgz (godss lol), mode9, and the list is endless. . .olamide and phyno shouldn't even be on that list though. Well mtv tweeted, the list should be ignored, lmao, tf burnaboy ain't no rapper! Well sa hiphop is another force to reckon with, with the likes of Aka and casper...aka could be a controversial artiste, but right now he's the hottest in sa. #Runjozi!
Re: South Africa Floors Nigeria On Mtv’s List Of Hottest African Rappers by Nobody: 1:55pm On Oct 13, 2014
herald9:

Mi ain't ghost!! If you said that early this year, i could agree, but he's been on somany features, then #KINGJAMES, bruhhh. Where were you?.....i heard his album drops on the 23rd, we anticipatinggg!
Re: South Africa Floors Nigeria On Mtv’s List Of Hottest African Rappers by Nobody: 1:57pm On Oct 13, 2014
Johnfavour:
When did Burna boy become a rapper? Or has my glasses expired?
ignore the least bruh! Its crap, esp, the nigerian artistes included. @MTVbaseAfrica tweeted...."The official list is yet to be released, ignore this". And they apologized
Re: South Africa Floors Nigeria On Mtv’s List Of Hottest African Rappers by herald9: 2:17pm On Oct 13, 2014
OAAC:
Mi ain't ghost!! If you said that early this year, i could agree, but he's been on somany features, then #KINGJAMES, bruhhh. Where were you?.....i heard his album drops on the 23rd, we anticipatinggg!
You didn't read the part I said he'll just appear to drop a mixtape and disappear ...

I've listened to king James and the one he did with dj Jimmy jatt...

King James was just his normal ramblings... the latter was d..ope sha

But as a former African top rapper...I expected much from him not this usual self-praise have been hearing everyday

Am still waiting for him to drop something meaningful
Re: South Africa Floors Nigeria On Mtv’s List Of Hottest African Rappers by Nobody: 2:32pm On Oct 13, 2014
herald9:

You didn't read the part I said he'll just appear to drop a mixtape and disappear ...

I've listened to king James and the one he did with dj Jimmy jatt...

King James was just his normal ramblings... the latter was d..ope sha

But as a former African top rapper...I expected much from him not this usual self-praise have been hearing everyday

Am still waiting for him to drop something meaningful
dude there was a concept behind kingJames!! MI wouldn't just wake up and record something for rappers, if he isn't getting hate, and backlashes, from them, (ofcourse we aren't aware of them). On canitalk, he spilled stuffs for dissing rappers too. And kingJames is such a masterpiece, you don't like it, thats your opinion. Maybe you should chill for the album! And what do u mean by "former african top rapper", dude that phrase pissed me off abit. Chillll

1 Like

Re: South Africa Floors Nigeria On Mtv’s List Of Hottest African Rappers by herald9: 2:54pm On Oct 13, 2014
OAAC:
dude there was a concept behind kingJames!! MI wouldn't just wake up and record something for rappers, if he isn't getting hate, and backlashes, from them, (ofcourse we aren't aware of them). On canitalk, he spilled stuffs for dissing rappers too. And kingJames is such a masterpiece, you don't like it, thats your opinion. Maybe you should chill for the album! And what do u mean by "former african top rapper", dude that phrase pissed me off abit. Chillll
Lolz...

Excuse my French...He's still among the top African rappers.

As for King James... No comment!

One man's food.......___

Re: South Africa Floors Nigeria On Mtv’s List Of Hottest African Rappers by Nobody: 3:07pm On Oct 13, 2014
herald9:

Lolz...

Excuse my French...He's still among the top African rappers.

As for King James... No comment!

One man's food.......___

lmaoo. Well fair enough. Wait on the album

1 Like

Re: South Africa Floors Nigeria On Mtv’s List Of Hottest African Rappers by lexyking(m): 9:30am On Oct 15, 2014
Waspy:
What a list. Burna obviously should be low on the list if at all he's gon be there. For me Sark is the best in Africa. That niggas dey spit. Olamide for try if he is not into Yoruba hardcore

Why are you speaking with two mouths? To you Sark is the best in Africa but olamide is not cos in your words he's into Yoruba hardcore, I beg help me answer this question. Na English Sark dey take rap? We all know that he raps in his native tongue
Re: South Africa Floors Nigeria On Mtv’s List Of Hottest African Rappers by whytfaz(m): 10:20am On Oct 15, 2014
BUT WHERE IS REMINISCE!!
Re: South Africa Floors Nigeria On Mtv’s List Of Hottest African Rappers by Francheezy(m): 11:25am On Oct 15, 2014
Seeing ICE PRINCE on that list is enough reason to know that the list is WRONG. Bullsh!T
Re: South Africa Floors Nigeria On Mtv’s List Of Hottest African Rappers by Waspy(m): 11:37am On Oct 15, 2014
lexyking:

Why are you speaking with two mouths? To you Sark is the best in Africa but olamide is not cos in your words he's into Yoruba hardcore, I beg help me answer this question. Na English Sark dey take rap? We all know that he raps in his native tongue
Sure he does but his art is widely accepted across Africa than Olamides, IMHO
Re: South Africa Floors Nigeria On Mtv’s List Of Hottest African Rappers by tobiboss(m): 12:30pm On Oct 15, 2014
Endougs:
And where is africa no1 lyricist Mode9
which lyricist?? Have u heard i see ft iceprince, thrash!
Re: South Africa Floors Nigeria On Mtv’s List Of Hottest African Rappers by GoddyGH: 12:15pm On Feb 16, 2015
sark shld Hv been 1st...I only know Two Nigerian rappers Ice and m.I BTW why do these unknown south African rappers dominated? wat criteria did they use?
Re: South Africa Floors Nigeria On Mtv’s List Of Hottest African Rappers by GoddyGH: 12:16pm On Feb 16, 2015
Francheezy:
Seeing ICE PRINCE on that list is enough reason to know that the list is WRONG. Bullsh!T
lol

(1) (2) (Reply)

Official Photos From Ibinabo Fiberesima & Uche Egbuka’s White Wedding (photos) / Kcee Release The Video Of LOVE BOAT Ft. Diamond Platnumz (DOWNLOAD) / Popular Twitter Influencer, Vivian Rora Accused Of Sleeping With Married Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.