Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,037 members, 7,818,066 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:43 AM

Drunk Doctor Kills New Mum During C-session. - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Drunk Doctor Kills New Mum During C-session. (498 Views)

Drunk Naval Officer Shoots 3 People In Lagos / Drunk Doctor Kills New Mum During C-session. / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Drunk Doctor Kills New Mum During C-session. by toys2seven(m): 10:17am On Oct 13, 2014
Glowing in the evening sunshine from ‘pregnancy update’ pictures shared on social media, expectant mother Xynthia Hawke looks ecstatic to be on the verge of motherhood.
But days later, the 28-year-old Briton was killed by a doctor, who was reported to have been drunk and to have botched her care during childbirth.
Miss Hawke’s devastated parents are believed to have flown to the South of France – where she had been living an idyllic life with her partner – to help him care for the baby boy, who survived and has been named Isaac.

Fighting back tears outside the home where they settled a few months ago, her French partner Yannick Balthazar, 33, said: ‘It is a very difficult time for us. We are in mourning.
I am looking after my family, my son is what is important to me now. We need to be with our family now. I am going to let justice do its job.’
Miss Hawke required a caesarean section after going into labour last month in Ustaritz, the village in the French Pyrenees where she had moved with Mr Balthazar.
After their healthy baby boy was delivered at a private maternity clinic in Orthez on September 26, a resuscitation procedure went horribly wrong.
Anaesthetist Helga Wauters, 45, allegedly inserted a tube into Miss Hawke’s oesophagus instead of her windpipe. Miss Hawke was starved of oxygen, had a heart attack and went into a coma.

Continue Reading: http://www.maturemindstalk.com/2014/10/drunk-doctor-kills-new-mum-during-c.html

(1) (Reply)

Pregnancy Miscarriage / Ebola: First Set Of 250 Volunteers Set For Deployment To Liberia, Guinea, S/leon / Mali's First Ebola Case, A Two-year-old Girl, Dies - Officials

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.