Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,810,001 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:33 PM

Battery That Lasts For 20years After 2 Minutes Charge! - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Battery That Lasts For 20years After 2 Minutes Charge! (697 Views)

Meet The Man Whose Memory Lasts Just 90 Minutes / Tesla Launches Power Wall; The Battery That Would Probably Change How You Consum / Design And Build Of A 48v 40a Mppt Solar Charge Controller. (version 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Battery That Lasts For 20years After 2 Minutes Charge! by Leadn(m): 7:08pm On Oct 13, 2014
Generally, technology is evolving, moving faster than was expected in 10years ago. This is actually the era of tech and mobile tech is the peak of the achievements in technological advancements.

nano tech batteriesThe big news is Nanyang Technology University is developing Lithium ion batteries with a life-span of about 20 years and can charge for only 2 minutes to get to 70%. An almost impossible feat, but this is achieved by speeding up the chemical reactions inside the battery.

The battery uses titanium dioxide nanotubes anode against the graphite anode, and this nanotubes offer 10,000 charging cycles as opposed to the usual 500. The titanium tubes are also cheap and easy to make.

The titanium dioxide nanotube batteries have been licensed and production could roll in pretty soon with estimates putting the shipping schedule for the batteries at 2016.

“The titanium batteries would be a big save for electric cars not just mobile phones, as it could save hours and hours of waiting and thus avoid replacing a very expensive component before you’re ready to replace the vehicle itself.” notes Endaget’s Jon Fingas.

http://www.techiedup.com/2014/10/battery-last-20years-after-charge/

2 Likes

Re: Battery That Lasts For 20years After 2 Minutes Charge! by faithugo64(f): 7:19pm On Oct 13, 2014
technology sha,i hope this world won't be controlled with a remote one day!

1 Like

Re: Battery That Lasts For 20years After 2 Minutes Charge! by REMMEI(m): 7:46pm On Oct 13, 2014
I swear you go bow for these improve tech...
Re: Battery That Lasts For 20years After 2 Minutes Charge! by psucc(m): 8:06pm On Oct 13, 2014
Good one

Hope it should be able to power my stove so I can cook without kerosene. I will be very happy. till then, keep watching.
Re: Battery That Lasts For 20years After 2 Minutes Charge! by abohrandy: 3:55pm On Oct 14, 2014
wetin b that?

na sun?
Re: Battery That Lasts For 20years After 2 Minutes Charge! by 100Cents: 7:49pm On Oct 14, 2014
Mind blowing.

It will last the lifespan of a car.

Say bye to fuelling cars by 2017.

I will definitely buy such a car and charge with my generators every 2 days...

(1) (Reply)

MTN Partners Alcatel To Introduce 100gb Ultra-broadband Connectivity. / NASA Confirms Earth Will Experience 6 Days Of Total Darkness This December / MTN BIS On Andriod Is Blocked, Best Alternatives

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.