Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,260 members, 7,957,638 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 04:32 PM

How To Enjoy Your Day Off From Work And Make It More Meaningful. - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How To Enjoy Your Day Off From Work And Make It More Meaningful. (656 Views)

Pls Who Receive This Interview Sms From Work Force Ltd? / Why Many Nigerian School Dropouts Never Make It In Life / Some Big Ideas Job-seekers Must Follow If They Want To Get A Meaningful Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Enjoy Your Day Off From Work And Make It More Meaningful. by CVWizards(m): 5:59am On Oct 14, 2014
Don't Just Fall on The Couch!

How many days a week do you get off?

Most people get two days off in a row, and they are usually the weekend days. But not every one runs on the same schedule. I know many people who work wonky schedules that only allow for one day off before they have to go back to work.

I also know many people who work from home that don't take a day off at all! When you are your own boss it can be hard to take a day away from the computer and not check in on stats, earnings, emails, and other day-to-day things.

This article is going to assume that you only get one day off per week. One WHOLE day to do whatever you want without thinking about work.

How do you spend that precious day off? Do you lay on the couch and watch Here Comes Honey Boo Boo? If you do, then you are missing out on moments that could be better spent.

If you don't get your eyes open and watch (and participate in) your own life, then you just may miss it. Spending your free time watching other people's lives (on TV) instead of living your own is costing you minutes, hours, and possibly even years of of self-growth, laughter, and companionship with loved ones.

Stop to think about that. Do you want to look back and think:

Awesome, I caught all of AY's new shows in my life

OR

I really enjoyed myself and the people around me as much as I could.

Which one sounds more fulfilling?

1. Get Out of Town!

Vacations are great for re-energizing your life and connecting you back to the people and things around you. However, with one day off, you are not going to be able to head out to Maui, so get out of town and take a mini-vacation! It can offer you all the experiences of new sights, smells, and activities, but have you home within a day.

2. Spend Time With Friends

Your friends are people that you chose to be friends with for various reasons. Likely because they share a lot in common with you or make you feel good. They are the people you can share, laugh, and confide in, and it is important to take some time out to spend time with them.

3. Spend Time With Family

Family is there through thick and thin. They are people who have known you, in most cases, for your whole life. While they don't always offer support and confidence in your decisions, they are a connection/bond that needs nurturing once in a while. Phone your mom, visit your sister, have tea with your Aunt...make a few hours for the people who have known you longest.

4. Attend a Class - That You Want To Attend

Chances are you are in a job that only utilizes a certain part of your brain. You may do the same things over and over again and, therefore, don't get to learn a whole lot of new skills. Taking a class, whether it be cooking, quilting, or French history, can help your brain to work areas that are not normally worked. Plus, you will gain some extra knowledge which benefits your life both in conversation and in awareness.

5. Schedule Some ME Time

Massages, manicure, pedicures, haircuts - these are all things that make you feel good about yourself and, yes...spoiled. Buy some new clothes. Buy yourself some perfume or cologne. Buy yourself anything! Make the day, or at least a few hours, about you and your desires. It's not selfish to do so. I personally think it's a gift to your soul and happiness to think about yourself, as long as you don't lose sight of other people.

6. Get To Know Your City

Whether you take a leisurely walk through a neighborhood you have never been in or visit attractions, get to know the small piece of land that you come from and call home. Treat it as if you were a tourist and really explore what your surroundings have to offer you. You will feel more connected to your home if you do.

About Us:

CV Wizards is a one-stop shop for job seekers in Nigeria. Our services include:

* Professional CV writing
* Cover letter writing
* LinkedIn profile writing
* Interview coaching

Visit www.cvwizards.com.ng to learn more about us and how we can help you secure your dream job. Also visit http://www.blog.cvwizards.com.ng everyday for FREE job search articles.
Re: How To Enjoy Your Day Off From Work And Make It More Meaningful. by naturally: 6:09am On Oct 14, 2014
So on point
Re: How To Enjoy Your Day Off From Work And Make It More Meaningful. by CVWizards(m): 8:26pm On Oct 22, 2014
naturally:
So on point
Thanks.

(1) (Reply)

Admin Assist Needed @ Jegin Consult / Vacancy / Britsh Pipeline Agency Ltd Who Here About Them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.