Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,410 members, 7,830,065 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:43 PM

Signing Unsigned Apps (case Study: N95) - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Signing Unsigned Apps (case Study: N95) (3779 Views)

Tutorial: Offline Firmware Upgrade (case Study: N95) **Updated** / Webgate Advanced Device Locks Pro V2.00 37 S60v3 Unsigned Cracked-illusion / How To Sign Unsigned Sis Files To Your S60v3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Signing Unsigned Apps (case Study: N95) by DualCore1: 3:28pm On Nov 12, 2008
Advanced Symbian smartphone users must have installed 3rd. party external applications (SiS files) on their phones which are similar but a miniature form of the normal software packages that we commonly install on our computers ourselves. I guess many times you have come across some applications developed by individual mobile software developers that needs to be self-signed. What is this self-signing and how to do it? Read on and do as suggested below:
Every Symbian (including the series60 version 3 OS) application needs to be signed in some way so that the phone can confirm its authenticity and it came from the intended developer and is not a malware or virus of some sort. The Symbian OS (v3 specially) has very good security measures and requirement for digitally signed packages (.sis files) is one of them.
Say, you come across an app. in development at a forum and it’s in beta or pre-release stage and has not been certified by nokia; but you want to try it out at that moment. Simply trying to install the unsigned app. will fail. What you need todo is to generate a developer certificate for your phone IMEI number and use it to digitally sign the unsigned app. so that it gets installed on the device successfully.
Here’s how you can generate your digital certificate and sign your unsigned Symbian application successfully:

Softwares Required :
Developer Certificate Request Tool Download
Sign SiS Tool Download

Generating a Developer Certificate :
- Register and create an account at SymbianSigned.com
- Make a directory on your PC. e.g.- c:\cert
- Install Developer Certificate Request Tool.
- Launch the above program.
– Step1: Enter “c:\cert\mycert.csr” in the textbox and click “Next”.
– Step2: Set ACS pub id available > NO, Type “c:\cert\mycert.key” in private key file textbox and “mycert” as password. Click Next.
– Step3: Fill out your location details accordingly. Click Next.
– Step4: Add your phone IMEI (type *#06# on your phone), Press Ctrl+A to select all capabilities and click “Add”. Click Next.
– Click “Finish” and “Close”.
We have generated certificate request file (mycert.csr) which will help us acquire a developer certificate (mycert.cer) to sign our unsigned files with.
- Login to SymbianSigned.com with the account info you used earlier while registering.
- Click “My Symbian Signed” Tab.
- Click “Developer Certificates” in left menu, then Click “Request” link below it.
- Type in the anti-robot security code and browse to select “c:\cert\mykey.csr” file and click “Send”.
- Your certificate has been generated. Click “Download” button and save the file as “c:\cert\mycert.cer”
So, you are ready to sign your unsigned application now!
NOTE : Developer certificates have a validity of 6 months only and works only on the phone with matching IMEI number you used while creating certificate request. You can reuse this certificate to sign other files later if required.
Finally, the actual signing…! Well, there are many ways to sign the unsigned file including running a Python script…he he, OK…I’m now showing you the simplest way with a special GUI program made solely for this purpose.
Signing the Application :
- Unzip the Sign SiS Tool you downloaded into “c:\cert”.
- Run the SignSiSUI.exe , enter the data as shown below and click “Sign It”. If everything goes well, you should get a message and a “appname.signed.sis” file would be created in “c:\cert”. You can now install this SiS file onto your phone.

This article was written by Dr  Adam, and erm. . . stolen by DC  tongue
Re: Signing Unsigned Apps (case Study: N95) by semid4lyfe(m): 5:38pm On Nov 12, 2008
I must confess I'm only posting a reply on this thread cos of d poster & because I plan 2 buy a N95 very soon.
Dualcore,long time but what do u do these days when u're not eating indoomie and stealing other peeps article?
Re: Signing Unsigned Apps (case Study: N95) by dragnet: 5:43pm On Nov 12, 2008
Thank GOD for .jar phone cheesy tongue grin
Re: Signing Unsigned Apps (case Study: N95) by dragnet: 5:52pm On Nov 12, 2008
So we all wana join d N95 club cheesy cheesy
Re: Signing Unsigned Apps (case Study: N95) by fdigital(m): 6:52pm On Nov 12, 2008
@dual hw far u don leave romance abi. anyway dis topic is not surpose com now when guys are not happy about their block fri browzing. anyway the info tight sha i go apply. . . . . .
Re: Signing Unsigned Apps (case Study: N95) by aomom(m): 4:59am On Nov 13, 2008
well a beta one all u need to do is to register here and download and intall all installables pls follow the instructions very carefully. thats what i use 4 ma n95

http://www.symbiansector.net/showthread.php?t=44235
Re: Signing Unsigned Apps (case Study: N95) by DualCore1: 10:19am On Nov 13, 2008
Fire on the mountain. . . symbiansigned has blocked rookies from creating cert keys, u got to have a publisher ID to do this.
its possible to make a cert key though (i'm yet to steal the info on how to), i just submitted a request to get my cert key.
So erm. . . until further notice, use the option by aomon tongue
Re: Signing Unsigned Apps (case Study: N95) by just2nice(m): 11:19am On Nov 13, 2008
The Drakkarious app pack is the most easiest and less stressful way of signing unsigned s60v3 applications.I use it once in a while to install s60v3 applz in my buddiez' phonez.That symbiansigned.com procedure is rather a tedious process.
Re: Signing Unsigned Apps (case Study: N95) by ExInferis(m): 12:08pm On Nov 13, 2008
most of the cracks on symbian are by the popular group Binpda. they happen to have a cool app that loads up a modified root certificate which allows to install apps cracked by Binpda without bothering with signing apps. this great app is called Secman (security manager). of course, you need TRK installed in order to establish port connection to upload the root cert (TRK is included in the linked package below).

get it here:

http://www.dotsis.com/mobile_phone/attachment.php?attachmentid=115255&d=1211632647

if the apps are not pre-hacked by Binpda, you can sign them in just 4 simple steps.

this is the same app i used to load up cracked Ngage 2.0 games in my N95.

just2nice is also right, Drakkarious is quite easy to use.

look here:

http://www.dotsis.com/mobile_phone/showthread.php?t=97941
Re: Signing Unsigned Apps (case Study: N95) by Nobody: 12:38pm On Nov 13, 2008
Y do u waste your time signing applications for N95 and other S60 series phone. All u need to do is crack the phone with AltHack and all applications can be installed whether signed or unsigned. javascript:void(0);javascript:void(0);
Re: Signing Unsigned Apps (case Study: N95) by just2nice(m): 12:46pm On Nov 13, 2008
How does the Althack works ie the procedures and provide a link to it if possible.
Re: Signing Unsigned Apps (case Study: N95) by MrInfo1(m): 11:18pm On Nov 15, 2008
Ex Inferis:

Drakkarious is quite easy to use.

look here:

http://www.dotsis.com/mobile_phone/showthread.php?t=97941

Been there done that cool
Re: Signing Unsigned Apps (case Study: N95) by flyuche(m): 11:57pm On Nov 15, 2008
infobaba:

Been there done that cool
so?
Re: Signing Unsigned Apps (case Study: N95) by hayprof(m): 12:27am On Nov 16, 2008
Ex Inferis:

most of the cracks on symbian are by the popular group Binpda. they happen to have a cool app that loads up a modified root certificate which allows to install apps cracked by Binpda without bothering with signing apps. this great app is called Secman (security manager). of course, you need TRK installed in order to establish port connection to upload the root cert (TRK is included in the linked package below).

-Thats the best way to sign / hack ur S60 Devices nd Appswink
Re: Signing Unsigned Apps (case Study: N95) by MrInfo1(m): 4:00am On Nov 16, 2008
flyuche:

so?

Welcome to graduation tongue
Re: Signing Unsigned Apps (case Study: N95) by ExInferis(m): 4:03pm On Nov 17, 2008
infobaba:

Welcome to graduation tongue

you are making about as much sense as a bunch of soft bendy bananas
Re: Signing Unsigned Apps (case Study: N95) by just1n(m): 4:49pm On Nov 17, 2008
Let me pieces drakkarious a lil. Get there' x-plore, hellocarbide, install server(get de appropriate server for ur fone) and profiserver(not compulsory).
Steps:
Launch ur[b] x-plore[/b] locate de installserver file(with de extension' .exe) and copy' (don't copy tu any folder) and exit wit ur menu key (run in background)' now open ur already installed hellocarbide click on option and choose menu 1 click ok until de app. exit itself.
Now, go back tu ur runnin x-plore and complete de copy, Locate de folder c:/sys/bin and copy to.
Restart ur fone and yur gud tu go. U can now install any working unsigned app. Enjoy!
Re: Signing Unsigned Apps (case Study: N95) by just1n(m): 4:51pm On Nov 17, 2008
Let me pieces drakkarious a lil. Get there' x-plore, hellocarbide, install server(get de appropriate server for ur fone) and profiserver(not compulsory).
Steps:
Launch ur[b] x-plore[/b] locate de installserver file(with de extension' .exe) and copy' (don't copy tu any folder) and exit wit ur menu key (run in background)' now open ur already installed hellocarbide click on option and choose menu 1 click ok until de app. exit itself.
Now, go back tu ur runnin x-plore and complete de copy, Locate de folder c:/sys/bin and copy to.
Restart ur fone and yur gud tu go. U can now install any working unsigned app. Enjoy!
Re: Signing Unsigned Apps (case Study: N95) by MrInfo1(m): 5:23am On Nov 18, 2008
Ex Inferis:

you are making about as much sense as a bunch of soft bendy bananas

I can't make a head or tail of what u intend to convey but whatever it is sounds 9c sofar bananas is consigned cool
Re: Signing Unsigned Apps (case Study: N95) by naijafan(m): 1:22pm On Nov 18, 2008
This hack (hellocarbide) is broken on N82's v30 firmware. Same applies to E90 and some other phones. Unfortunately, the developer has been hired by Nokia in the Software test division. Pity sad
Re: Signing Unsigned Apps (case Study: N95) by samuelk(m): 1:59pm On Nov 18, 2008
Naijafan,congrats on your nomination,hope we'll have sanity here again
Re: Signing Unsigned Apps (case Study: N95) by naijafan(m): 4:36pm On Nov 18, 2008
samuelk:

Naijafan,congrats on your nomination,hope we'll have sanity here again

Thanks mate. Together, we can make this place what it should be.
Re: Signing Unsigned Apps (case Study: N95) by lynxnoon(m): 6:39pm On Nov 18, 2008
just1n:

Let me pieces drakkarious a little. Get there' x-plore, hellocarbide, install server(get de appropriate server for ur phone) and profiserver(not compulsory).
Steps:
Restart ur phone and yur good tu go. U can now install any working unsigned app. Enjoy!
menmy fone is stil not supporting some apps oh!! angry angry
Re: Signing Unsigned Apps (case Study: N95) by hayprof(m): 2:45am On Nov 21, 2008
hmmn, I tried installing TRK nd Secman Hack on N95 (8GB) . .i got some errors can remeber, though. .

Any1 experienced same?! lipsrsealed

(1) (Reply)

Streaming And Downloading Youtube Videos For Blackberry Phones / Get 10gb To Your Mtn Sim / How Do I Move My Apps To Sdcard In Gionee M5 Marathon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.