Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,933 members, 7,817,723 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:59 PM

Yoruba: A Tribe With Equal Diversity In Religious Belief. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Yoruba: A Tribe With Equal Diversity In Religious Belief. (730 Views)

Would You Accept A Blood Transfusion Against Your Religious Belief? / Rick Warren's "miracle" Shows The Absurdity Of Religious Belief / Nigeria Leads In Religious Belief,yet We Are So Corrupt . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yoruba: A Tribe With Equal Diversity In Religious Belief. by Macelliot(m): 7:57pm On Oct 14, 2014
I'm not a Yoruba, but I think the yorubas are equally diverse in religious belief.
As in, having equal numbers of Christians and Muslims. They are self-tolerant.
Infact, the yorubas has the highest numbers of Pagans, satanists, and atheists in Nigeria.
I don't understands this kinda type of tribe anymore....

1 Like

Re: Yoruba: A Tribe With Equal Diversity In Religious Belief. by Macelliot(m): 8:30pm On Oct 14, 2014
Yoruba might end up being their own greatest enemy because of their diversity in Religion.
Re: Yoruba: A Tribe With Equal Diversity In Religious Belief. by Waspy(m): 9:16pm On Oct 14, 2014
I don't agree with your latter submission. I'm a Yoruba and I can make bold to say for Yorubas. Yorubas are open to different philosophies and ideologies. Although each man to his tent, the basic fact is that so far, objectively, an idea holds water/ ground, its welcomed with no bias nor prejudices to a Yoruba.

Yorubas also believe ( have an adage) that if we all thing alike, then no one is thinking.

Diversity of Philosophies and Ideologies, IMHO is paying off for the Yorubas. They don't have all eggs in a basket with it

1 Like

Re: Yoruba: A Tribe With Equal Diversity In Religious Belief. by Nobody: 9:27pm On Oct 14, 2014
Yoruba tribes have also been involved in idol worship in the past. this has created problems for them also.
Re: Yoruba: A Tribe With Equal Diversity In Religious Belief. by mmsen: 9:27pm On Oct 14, 2014
"if we all thing alike, then no one is thinking."

Real wisdom.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba: A Tribe With Equal Diversity In Religious Belief. by Macelliot(m): 9:56pm On Oct 14, 2014
ptase:
Yoruba tribes have also been involved in idol worship in the past. this has created problems for them also.
Probably, all tribes does so, but the case of Yorubas are little bit different. They shows off their pagan belief publicly, even some yoruba Christians and Muslims doesn't see anything wrong in mingling with Pagans.
Re: Yoruba: A Tribe With Equal Diversity In Religious Belief. by omobadan(m): 1:44am On Oct 15, 2014
Macelliot:

Probably, all tribes does so, but the case of Yorubas are little bit different. They shows off their pagan belief publicly, even some yoruba Christians and Muslims doesn't see anything wrong in mingling with Pagans.

So, you're saying the Yoruba traditional religion is bad? That's ridiculous. If I'm not mistaken, you're trying to indirectly make christianity look good at the expense of other religions. The Yorubas practise of many religions has made them quite unique in Nigeria. Thats why they're more tolerant and accommodating.
Re: Yoruba: A Tribe With Equal Diversity In Religious Belief. by Nobody: 5:27am On Oct 15, 2014
Macelliot:

And by pagan, you mean the traditional beliefs native to our own communities? You believe 'pagans' are less human than you?
In the words of sonoflucifer, you are a fool.
Re: Yoruba: A Tribe With Equal Diversity In Religious Belief. by Macelliot(m): 10:31am On Oct 15, 2014
musKeeto:

And by pagan, you mean the traditional beliefs native to our own communities? You believe 'pagans' are less human than you?
In the words of sonoflucifer, you are a fool.
Smiles! Seperating the Letters in the meaningless word "fool", what are their outcomes?
Probably, only a looser insults!
In MrPresident1 real Words, sonoflucifer = slave.

Bless your heart muskeeto. Shallom!!!
Re: Yoruba: A Tribe With Equal Diversity In Religious Belief. by Macelliot(m): 12:12pm On Oct 15, 2014
Muskeeto
a text on sonoflucifer profile = there is no god but Allah and Muhammad is his messenger.
Re: Yoruba: A Tribe With Equal Diversity In Religious Belief. by Nobody: 12:35pm On Oct 15, 2014
Macelliot:

a text on sonoflucifer profile = there is no god but Allah and Muhammad is his messenger.
Lmfao. Just checked it. grin grin

(1) (Reply)

The Inside Story: Prayer Predators / If U're Too Big For This Prayer Then Ignore It / Do CHRISTIANS Still Visit GALILEE Every Easter Monday?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.