Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,774 members, 7,817,171 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:39 AM

As Lagos Observes The Horn-free Day Tomorrow- A Stitch In Time Saves Nine - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / As Lagos Observes The Horn-free Day Tomorrow- A Stitch In Time Saves Nine (775 Views)

Today Is First Horn-free Day In Lagos State / Horn Free Day In Lagos / Lagos State To Observe Horn Free Day on wednesday 15:10:2014 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

As Lagos Observes The Horn-free Day Tomorrow- A Stitch In Time Saves Nine by johngoodluck: 9:38pm On Oct 14, 2014
Change is the only constant thing. It is axiomatic that change is a panacea for desired growth and development. It is either you change or you hardened. Also, the only established institution that is opposed to change is the cemetery. Change is therefore a valid instrument for restoring order and sanity; hence its employment by the BRF led government of Lagos State.

It is not news anymore that tomorrow, 15th October, 2014 is a horn-free day in Lagos, the reoccurring news will be the improved and continuous sanity consciousness that this initiative would surely create in the psyche of Lagosians especially motorists, bikers and cyclists. The environmental degradation cum the health implication which occasions the noise created by daily and persistent crazy horns around Lagos not only pollutes and injures the present time, it also leaves much worries about coming times.

You might say to yourself, but I’m not yet a motorist! The idea behind this initiative transcends horns as a subset of noise. The emphasis proper is on the universality of NOISE. You will definitely be doing Lagos a great disservice tomorrow should you continue in your usual/unusual noise making either at workplaces/workstations, classrooms or and environment you find yourself. Not chastising a noise maker tomorrow around you is equally a great disservice to our Lagos. Small actions surely sums to big difference. I charge you to make it.

Let us put sustainability at the heart of all we do. Cohabitating sustainably would go a long way in safeguarding our present environment while securing a sane atmosphere for the future generations. A greener, safer and noiseless Lagos starts with you. Change is the gadget. A stitch in time saves nine.

Please be a responsible and patriotic Lagosian by rebroadcasting this. Eko oni baje o!!!

Jide Adetomiwa, a UNILAG PG Student writes from Akoka, Lagos

1 Like

Re: As Lagos Observes The Horn-free Day Tomorrow- A Stitch In Time Saves Nine by tolugar: 9:59pm On Oct 14, 2014
Since this news made head line,
I've imagined driving through the streets of lag
without horn.
I've even tried it....
The curse I got frm both the cyclist and people,
am still praying against it.

The ppl that said "no horn day"
Hope they also said no to the following charges

"Homicide"
"Murder"
"Hit and run"
"Attempted Murder "

#nohornday

1 Like

Re: As Lagos Observes The Horn-free Day Tomorrow- A Stitch In Time Saves Nine by Youngsage: 11:37pm On Oct 14, 2014
&*.

(1) (Reply)

Profile And Picture Of The Man To Vacate "Aso Rock" Come 2019! / Nigeria Gets N100 Centenary Note Wednesday / Puzzle........................answer This Question If You Are Brave To Do So

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.