Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,540 members, 7,827,015 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:28 AM

Too much need less arguments on religion thread/ Modification **** - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Too much need less arguments on religion thread/ Modification **** (914 Views)

Three Arguments For God's Existence / In The Religion Thread For The First Time And I Must Say I'm... / A Library Of The Best 40 Atheist Arguments Against God/religion (NOW WITH PICS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Too much need less arguments on religion thread/ Modification **** by ideology(m): 6:21am On Oct 15, 2014
Modification ****
Re: Too much need less arguments on religion thread/ Modification **** by HFOG(f): 7:13am On Oct 15, 2014
ideology:

Cc :hfog

******Lets pay some bills, we will be right back don't change the dial ******
Hmm. Nice write up. Morning sir. Me is not sure what's expected of me here

1 Like

Re: Too much need less arguments on religion thread/ Modification **** by ideology(m): 9:38am On Oct 15, 2014
HFOG:

Hmm. Nice write up Morning sir. Me is not sure what's expected of me here

yea, i thought it might interest you.
You can comment, share your views etc.

How do you do?.
Re: Too much need less arguments on religion thread/ Modification **** by ideology(m): 6:03pm On Oct 17, 2014
NAIRALAND RELIGION SECTION IS TURNING TO SOMETHING ELSE.
maybe it has always been like that.

Every day need less arguments and theologies.
Yuck!!!

Am not surprised though undecided

Today(17/10/2014) is the last day I visit Religious threads

[size=15pt]

#Christianity is not a religion[/size]

Stop subjecting God to your feelings and the images in your mind

Seek truths from the right place and medium.

Your thoughts will not change who God is

God is God, all by Himself

Time will tell, and I pray it won't be too late for you, amen

1 Like

Re: Too much need less arguments on religion thread/ Modification **** by ideology(m): 6:06pm On Oct 17, 2014
1 Timothy 6:20 -
O , Nlanders keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called:
6:21 Which some professing have erred concerning the faith. Grace be with thee. Amen.

Also

2Corinthians 4:3 But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:

4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

4:5 For we preach not ourselves, but Christ Jesus the Lord;

Always remember only God through His words and Spirit can change a man,

no amount of argument will.

But Pray for them instead as Christ taught us to.
Re: Too much need less arguments on religion thread/ Modification **** by ideology(m): 6:18pm On Oct 17, 2014
…. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel; Neither, because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children: but, In Isaac shall thy seed be called - Romans 9:6-7
Re: Too much need less arguments on religion thread/ Modification **** by ideology(m): 7:35pm On Oct 17, 2014
No wonder it is written Hosea 4:6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge … most times we stop here

But How about the people that have been informed, Hosea 4:6 … because thou hast rejected knowledge, here's another point some folks have outrightly rejected knowledge

Proverbs 9:9 Give instruction to a wise man, and he will be yet wiser: teach a just man, and he will increase in learning.

So The psalmist wrote
Psalms 25:5 Lead me in thy truth, and teach me: for thou art the God of my salvation; on thee do I wait all the day.

Psalms 119:33 Teach me, O LORD, the way of thy statutes; and I shall keep it unto the end.

See his comfession at the end
Psalms 119:99 I have more understanding than all my teachers: for thy testimonies are my meditation.
What an audacity!!

What could make him declare this.
The answer is clear, He gave himself up to true source of wisdom, not his thoughts nor the ideologies of men.

What I have seen today on NL is a clear indication of the fact that some folks have given themselves to the ideologies of men and the subject God's ways to their feelings.

Furthermore, Its also a reminder to me that the end is near; as the holy book says, in the last days, knowledge shall increase

1 Timothy 4:1 Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils…

For you out there that your faith have been shaken because of ideas of the world, remember,
1 John 4:5 They are of the world: therefore speak they of the world, and the world heareth them. 4:6 We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error.

Christ, also identified himself
John 8:23 And he said unto them, Ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world.

So Trace back to your origin(God's word ),
2 Peter 1:19 We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts:

Stand firm, like the one founded on this rock,

Matthew 7:24 … I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock: 7:25 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock.

The master himself said
Matthew 16:18 … upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.
Meaning they will try but Will not prevail, Hallelujah!!

So What will you do then?

Proverbs 4:23 Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life.

Be mindful of the things you let into your spirit, don't even pay attention to vain thoughts through any medium

2 Corinthians 10:4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holdswink 10:5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ ;
Read the emboldened again,
did you see that!!
The creator knew these imaginations, ideologies and thoughts will come.

Now, expect more persecution,
You would ask why?
The reason is simple, Christ said so, as it is written,

Mark 10:29 And Jesus answered and said, Verily I say unto you, There is no man that hath left house, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my sake, and the gospel's,
Re: Too much need less arguments on religion thread/ Modification **** by ideology(m): 5:43am On Oct 18, 2014
10:30 But he shall receive an hundredfold now in this time, houses, and brethren, and sisters, and mothers, and children, and lands, with persecutions; and in the world to come eternal life.

Matthew 10:22 And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved.

Matthew 24:9 Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake.

Luke 6:22 Blessed are ye, when men shall hate you, and when they shall separate you from their company, and shall reproach you, and cast out your name as evil, for the Son of man's sake.

John 3:20 For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.

John 15:18 If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you.

Now see the striking ones,

John 15:19 If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.
… they will hate you because you are not like them

See Christ talking to the Father, on the night before He was offered

John 17:14 I have given them thy word; and the world hath hated them, because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.
Hallelujah!!!
Now I leap for Joy reading this, you too should, praise God.

Finally friends, like in the words of our Elder brother Paul
Philippians 4:8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

I pray for you now, in the same manner which Bro Paul prayed

Colossians 1:9 For this cause we also, since the day we heard it, do not cease to pray for you, and to desire that ye might be filled with the knowledge of his will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding;

1 Corinthians 1:5 That in every thing ye are enriched by him, in all utterance, and in all knowledge;

Ephesians 1:17 That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him:

Ephesians 3:19 And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God.

That Ephesians 4:13 … we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:

Philippians 1:9 And this I pray, that your love may abound yet more and more in knowledge and in all judgment;

Colossians 1:10That ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God;

I also pray that Colossians 3:10 you will put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him:

2 Peter 1:2 Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord,

Above all 2 Peter 3:18 …grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and for ever. Amen.

(1) (Reply)

Is Christianity Or Islam A Race Or Religion? / Pastor E.A Adeboye's Quote On Facebook / Is JESUS Our GOD Or Brother ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.