Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,747 members, 7,824,148 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:42 AM

Keshi ‘sacked’ As NFF Shops For Replacement - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Keshi ‘sacked’ As NFF Shops For Replacement (1042 Views)

Court Sacks Amaju Pinnick As NFF President / Oliseh & His Foreign Assistant Coach As NFF Unveils Them (Photos) / Keshi Sacked By NFF (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Keshi ‘sacked’ As NFF Shops For Replacement by rayshy12: 10:47am On Oct 15, 2014

Following the recent abysmal performances, there are very strong indications that Stephen Keshi has been already sacked as he will not continue as the Super Eagles coach, on interim or permanent basis, after the match against Sudan in Abuja on Wednesday.

According to an impeccable source close to the new NFF executives, that three factors have contributed largely to his continued stay as the Nigeria coach despite the humiliating 1-0 loss to Sudan on Saturday.

The decision by the president of the Nigeria Football Federation, Amaju Pinnick, to hold far reaching discussions with his members; the need to also brief higher authorities and the search for a quality replacement have combined to keep Keshi on the driving seat going into the reverse match against Sudan billed for Wednesday.

According to Punch News, Keshi could be asked to step aside after the Wednesday match. A member of the NFF board who spoke with our source on Monday said that a meeting of the Federation had been fixed for 8pm on Tuesday and that the meeting billed for Abuja will take the decision on the way forward with the national team.

He said, “You know that the decision to ask Keshi to go or continue is a major one that can’t be taken by just a few persons. The board is meeting on Tuesday and I know that all the questions will be answered by that meeting.”

Another person with deep knowledge of the happenings at the Federation told our reporter that the search for a good manager is also slowing down decision.

“The search is on for a replacement. What has been the challenge is the closeness of the matches to each other but I guess that will be taken care of very soon with a bold manager to take the challenge.”

A former Sunshine Stars goalkeeper coach, Segun Oguns told SuperSport Keshi should be dropped instantly.

Oguns said another coach other than Keshi could comfortably qualify Nigeria for the biennial event in Morocco by going ahead to win Sudan on Wednesday as well as the other two games against South Africa and Congo.

“I think it’ll be a dashed hope for Maroc 2015 AFCON if Stephen Keshi would still take charge of the game against Sudan on Wednesday as well as the other two games involving South Africa and Congo.

“I strongly believe with a new coach on the saddle we can win Sudan but not with Keshi still in charge.

“With Keshi still taking charge then we must prepare our minds for another uneventful game against Sudan as his penchant for going around picking new players has failed to lift the team.

“Eagles under Keshi made the likes of Congo and Sudan become superstars, countries that ordinarily couldn’t withstand the onslaught of our domestic teams.”

source: http://loadedcity.net/forum2_theme_111040603.xhtml?tema=79
Re: Keshi ‘sacked’ As NFF Shops For Replacement by YungwizzzyChina: 10:49am On Oct 15, 2014
mcteeew
Re: Keshi ‘sacked’ As NFF Shops For Replacement by Yustash001(m): 10:53am On Oct 15, 2014
The last statement this segun ogun made got me laffin....anyway keshi out....
Re: Keshi ‘sacked’ As NFF Shops For Replacement by SOLMICHAEL(m): 11:04am On Oct 15, 2014
All d best for Eagles jawe!!!
Re: Keshi ‘sacked’ As NFF Shops For Replacement by otipoju(m): 11:05am On Oct 15, 2014
Give me Sunday Oliseh.
Re: Keshi ‘sacked’ As NFF Shops For Replacement by Sanguine77(m): 11:10am On Oct 15, 2014
Come to think of it: Nigeria is not the only country having problems with their male national teams: Holland, Spain, Germany Greece have all lost crucial qualifying matches and they have not sacked their coaches. Keshi has done his bit but he has ego and pride issues and would rather blame others than himself for the Eagles poor outing recently.
Re: Keshi ‘sacked’ As NFF Shops For Replacement by Kennito90(m): 11:21am On Oct 15, 2014
I love this movie.
Re: Keshi ‘sacked’ As NFF Shops For Replacement by olojuede01: 12:05pm On Oct 15, 2014
Dem no need sack am na..... Thought his contract expired in June after the world cup
Re: Keshi ‘sacked’ As NFF Shops For Replacement by ezeonline2(m): 12:11pm On Oct 15, 2014
Keshit time to go don reach,abeg go rest grin
Re: Keshi ‘sacked’ As NFF Shops For Replacement by ElFenomeno1: 12:21pm On Oct 15, 2014
#KeshiOut
Re: Keshi ‘sacked’ As NFF Shops For Replacement by badtmanK: 2:04pm On Oct 15, 2014
False Rumor!

(1) (Reply)

Messi Passes 400 Barcelona Goals. / Nigeria Vs South Africa (women U20 World Cup Qualifier) / Soccer Player Gets Fired Within Hours After Signing New Contract With Barcelona

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.