Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,864 members, 7,828,088 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:01 AM

NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement - Sports (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement (87709 Views)

"We Can't Sack Keshi"- NFF / Keshi To Become Ethiopian National Team Coach, Just Days After NFF Sack / NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement - Read Full Communique (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement by elisa121s(m): 10:31am On Oct 16, 2014
eleyi gidigan dis one is strong
Re: NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement by ibmg(m): 10:33am On Oct 16, 2014
Change is constant, the earlier the better ;DChange is constant, the earlier the better
Re: NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement by anishe(m): 10:33am On Oct 16, 2014
You asked that Keshi be sacked for poor performance yet you are rooting for GEJ's second term in office, then you are wicked.

Just know there's God o.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement by Goke7: 10:34am On Oct 16, 2014
Icecomrade:
Keshi will take over another African country in d nearest future. Bring same team and defeat our sorry ass Super chicken and corrupt ridden NFF

Gullible Nigerians who don't even know what they want will start screaming " Bring back Keshi"
NFF will still sack 20more coaches and eventually sack themselves too grin

we are just being misled by an ignorant sports journalists who had personal issues with keshi, can't mention their names now but some are already biting their fingers now with the appointment of amodu
Re: NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement by olysoccer: 10:34am On Oct 16, 2014
yes
Re: NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement by Goke7: 10:35am On Oct 16, 2014
Ninilowo:
Keshi shot himself on the leg with arrogance, unforgiving spirit and high handedness. Buh why Amadu as Keshiz replacement and why all dese local dudes as his assistants are the questions for da gods.

can u eat ur cake and have it, amodu need your support o lol

1 Like

Re: NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement by mokset123: 10:39am On Oct 16, 2014
Samunique:
Go and check his records well, he delivered qualification tickets to Nigeria when we found ourselves in qualification mess enroute 2002 and 2010 fifa world cup. And he has never failed at any time to qualified us for Afcon when in charge.
you have forgotten so soon the way our national team played under amodu. From defense to attack, no midfield. Plus he lacked tactical input. Keshi is still million years ahead of amodu
Re: NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement by eleko1: 10:39am On Oct 16, 2014
;DHe wasn't 'fired' cos of salary issue but for ineptitude/arrogance.He did the same thing with Togolese Football.Good to knw that he's a hot beans cake(without eko.God dey sha)chasing around for.
musiwa95:
In nigeria, they think more about the money.. instead of renegotiate the contract if they cant pay. they can reduce the salary. football club or team , renegotiate contract.. if salary is why they sack him.
sad
Re: NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement by Sirlancelot(m): 10:42am On Oct 16, 2014
arsetalks:
Let's not kid ourselves, our coaches bar maybe Oliseh and Siasia are not ready and the main reason is the sports ministry and the NFF do nothing to help this coaches.

When last did they organise clinics for them? When last were they sent on refresher courses abroad or placements at other clubs so they can learn one or two things?

How many of them have UEFA band A licenses? Let's not be sentimental about our coaches, they are simply not good enough.

Good a thing people like Di Matteo and David Moyes are currently available. They are good enough for us and can lead us to glory if we finally will allow coaches stay on the job for say 4-6 years and let them build their own teams without interference.

People will argue why the choice of Di Matteo and David Moyes. To that I say their records speak for them.

Di Matteo did a good job with West Brom with players that are a little better or simply at par with our players. He went to Chelsea a team that puts the coaches under undue pressure and took a declining team to the pinnacle of European football ( yes, he won playing football that I can't be proud of and as much as I hate Chelsea, I must say it, they achieved what my darling Arsenal hasn't been able to achieve in over 25 years of trying and it is kudos to Di Matteo).

David Moyes managed Everton above their level for many years and even qualified for the champions league. The players he had to use to achieve what he achieved with Everton are at par to what will be available for him with the eagles.

Forget what happened to him at United he had an impossible job. Many United fans will not agree but I think Moyes was deliberately used so to relieve the pressure on whoever takes over. Moyes will have Sir Alex as his yard stick ( failure for sure) and now that Moyes is sacked, Van Gaal is practically under no pressure as Sir Alex isn't his yard stick but instead Moyes.

Dennis Bergkamp is also available so also is Steve Clarke, Steve Bruce can also be convinced.

All these coaches play our type of football and they have a record of getting the best out of a tad average players.

Laurent Blanc is also available.
what is this one saying.who will hire those one for naija?
Re: NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement by Nobody: 10:43am On Oct 16, 2014
elisa121s:
eleyi gidigan dis one is strong
Re: NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement by djwinnie(m): 10:44am On Oct 16, 2014
NFF is a bleeped up organization frm fire to hell fire
Re: NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement by semitunde: 10:45am On Oct 16, 2014
Dragonking:

Nigeria didn't play in 2010 world cup..please stop spreading false news

Actually, you're the one spreading the false news. We played the 2010 world cup but didn't qualify for the 2006 edition.
Re: NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement by japankorea: 10:47am On Oct 16, 2014
Once a hero is always a hero! Keshi has made carved a nitch in his carer as a football coach in Africa. He has won laurel unto his name and has also made the money.

NFF and their cohorts' attempts to dissappoint and rubish Keshi's carer will definitely amount to efforts in fultility. South African would ve employed the services of the young coach, but they never let him be until now when it seems the dissapoint will hurt him most.

I trust the Big Boss for his resseiliance and composure. He will everly remain Hero everywhere success story of football coaching is told.

Go back and revisit Keshi' credentials.
NFF is crying wholf where there is non.
Re: NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement by abatically(m): 10:49am On Oct 16, 2014
Why sack keshi and employ amodu? It's still back to square one as people will start screaming amodu must go very very soon. Keshi should have been left to finish the job if they know they dont have a world class coach to appoint. Moreover keshi should have been sacked earlier if they wanted to sack him. Why wait until he won his first qualifier and it looked like the team is on the right track to qualify.
Re: NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement by xtervaganza(m): 10:50am On Oct 16, 2014
This is why I did not support those calling for keshi's head

We are running in a circle by appointing Amodu who is a good coach but not better than Keshi in my opinion
Re: NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement by eleko1: 10:50am On Oct 16, 2014
grin sad angry grin cool tongue grin cheesy grin grin grin coolOmo Ogun olote,U don show face.congrats ,U can smile and dance shoki ontop of rudderless Keshi
Keneking:
Great
Re: NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement by vivaciousvivi(f): 10:51am On Oct 16, 2014
I heard on the News on my way to the office this morning that Keshi would coach the U-23 team sha.
If I were Amodu, I won't even accept it. No be the same NFF wey sack am before?
NFF = Bunch of confusionists
Re: NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement by experimentist: 10:52am On Oct 16, 2014
Why not shekau!
Re: NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement by semitunde: 10:52am On Oct 16, 2014
ikechialex1:
Dats bull shit cos Stephen was to finish what he started, de shd hav Allowed him qualify d teem or loss then de can let him go, now if d new Aboki fail to qualify d boiz fr morocco he will wnt to say Stephen Keshi did nt start well dats y he failed, infact ds d end of African Champions Cos we r going bk to 100 on fifa ranking

Amodu is from south south.
Re: NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement by natureblack(m): 10:53am On Oct 16, 2014
caprini1:
Na bro,When Keshi won d Afcon,it wasn't tactics go download and watch the games.The players needed the win,we had no tactics ,but sheer individual brilliance from mostly Moses,Ideye and Mba. Amodu might not have won anything ,but check the games he has handled for us.We always play our wing games with some solid defensive midfield plays ,covering our centre backs.And pls go back to the 2002 world cup qualifiers,Amodu turned Aiyegbeni to a monster striker,even though he never made it to the world cup ,due to politics.We always play very well under Amodu.
your sentiment and quest in deterring Keshi's valor is fascinating. sad

*first,am not an ignod,I don't need to download and watch any of Nigerian's Afcon games,because I remember every of our games like it happened yesterday.

*speaking of individual sheer brilliance,kindly point-out a footballing national/club team without one and I would show you how to wash a car without applying water.

*one of your comment,I quote "Amodu might not have won anything,but check the games he has handled for us"
Q-why is he the coach
A- ?

*You went on to make similar comment,I quote "and pls go back to 2002 world-cup qualifies,Amodu turned Aiyegbeni to a monster striker,EVEN THOUGH HE NEVER MADE IT TO THE WORLD-CUP,due to politics"
What an excuse for failure.

*I admire your sheer optimism in Amodu,but being realistic would help much.You and your lot in glass-house is fixing a square peg in a round hole.
Re: NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement by beinstein(m): 10:55am On Oct 16, 2014
how Amodu conned his way to get this job still remain a surprise to me. Now Yakubu aiyegbeni will be back to further his..............destruction.
Re: NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement by killercute16(m): 11:11am On Oct 16, 2014
mummyson26:
It does necessary mean amodu shld be better than keshi b4 he can outperform keshi
Abi nna never see a situation where assistant coach dey take over frm d head coach and do better than d so call head coach?
DI-MATTEO from AVB. grin
Re: NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement by wolebanks(m): 11:11am On Oct 16, 2014
Keshi and co decided to leave. They were not sacked. Am convinced about this.

I watched this new NFF board boss on Channels this morning. He looks smart and knows what he is doing. Who has any info about him? His credentials and how he became the NFF boss?

I wish Amodu and co the best in their new assignment.
Re: NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement by Komedy(m): 11:12am On Oct 16, 2014
Elliotwiz1:
he's just there for now, he's far better than keshi. we won our last match because of our players extra effort and not because of our coach tactics. keshi had to go even if they didn't have a replacement, he has nothing left to offer
amodu far better than Keshi? Woow
Re: NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement by yewawa: 11:15am On Oct 16, 2014
well,if they say Amodu is interim no wahala.......but i realy want to see SUNDAY OLISEH as the next coach of the super eagles .
Re: NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement by eddiebomba(m): 11:15am On Oct 16, 2014
arsetalks:
Let's not kid ourselves, our coaches bar maybe Oliseh and Siasia are not ready and the main reason is the sports ministry and the NFF do nothing to help this coaches.

When last did they organise clinics for them? When last were they sent on refresher courses abroad or placements at other clubs so they can learn one or two things?

How many of them have UEFA band A licenses? Let's not be sentimental about our coaches, they are simply not good enough.

Good a thing people like Di Matteo and David Moyes are currently available. They are good enough for us and can lead us to glory if we finally will allow coaches stay on the job for say 4-6 years and let them build their own teams without interference.

People will argue why the choice of Di Matteo and David Moyes. To that I say their records speak for them.

Di Matteo did a good job with West Brom with players that are a little better or simply at par with our players. He went to Chelsea a team that puts the coaches under undue pressure and took a declining team to the pinnacle of European football ( yes, he won playing football that I can't be proud of and as much as I hate Chelsea, I must say it, they achieved what my darling Arsenal hasn't been able to achieve in over 25 years of trying and it is kudos to Di Matteo).

David Moyes managed Everton above their level for many years and even qualified for the champions league. The players he had to use to achieve what he achieved with Everton are at par to what will be available for him with the eagles.

Forget what happened to him at United he had an impossible job. Many United fans will not agree but I think Moyes was deliberately used so to relieve the pressure on whoever takes over. Moyes will have Sir Alex as his yard stick ( failure for sure) and now that Moyes is sacked, Van Gaal is practically under no pressure as Sir Alex isn't his yard stick but instead Moyes.

Dennis Bergkamp is also available so also is Steve Clarke, Steve Bruce can also be convinced.

All these coaches play our type of football and they have a record of getting the best out of a tad average players.

Laurent Blanc is also available.

My friend, we're talking about the way forward for Nigerian football, & you're coming in with EPL mentality - is that what we need here? angry

EPL is not the be all& end all abeg - why are England's three lions so crap then?
Re: NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement by Komedy(m): 11:16am On Oct 16, 2014
Onigbinde > Amodu
Re: NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement by StealthyMe(m): 11:20am On Oct 16, 2014
shockwave91:

stealth i fit bet say we no go qualify but dats just me. And yes a big wlcm bck to d yak attack and nigerians should prepare demselves for d worst football dey will eva see. It's gona b an EYE SORE

Na so...kick And Follow begins grin
Amodu and his ugly style of fball...

But u knw say Amodu dey always qualify us ; I hear say na interim appointment..so when dem qualify,them go appoint anoda coach (i dey reason one funny foreign coach)

The main thing NFF dey find na d qualificatn...make we dey look
Re: NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement by stupor(m): 11:20am On Oct 16, 2014
NFF President or Chairman,why must you choose Shuaibu ! Is that not a sign that you've started on a bad note despite sacking Keshi.

Keshi's' sack a great move but inviting Shuabu is a total miss especially now when everyone's' clamouring for either Siasia or Oliseh.

Shuabu should reject the offer,and he should stop being called a fire-brigade,he has played his part b4 and let it remain there,everything is not about the fanfare and riches,he should look beyond the super eagles and yearn for other things like being the NFF President because it seems the NFF lacks technical know-how and basic football managerial skills.

Keshi will get a new coaching job because i so believe it and he is the best coach Nigeria has ever produced so far even better than fmr foreign coaches including Westerhoff !

Keshi's' sack welcomed but NFF why must we invite Shuabu ? We need to experiment with Siasia or Oliseh ! Thats change management

Finally,Nigerians though we earnestly deserve
better as a world class footballing nation,we must also exercise some little patience,everything will be fine.

NFF or NFA should seek guides and advise b4 making decisions if they lack adequate know-how on 21st century football governance so that Nigerians and the world will stop naming them as clueless and dumb as we all read on this thread.

LONG LIVE THE SUPER EAGLES OF NIGERIA !
Re: NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement by dabossman(m): 11:21am On Oct 16, 2014
caprini1:
Na bro,When Keshi won d Afcon,it wasn't tactics go download and watch the games.The players needed the win,we had no tactics ,but sheer individual brilliance from mostly Moses,Ideye and Mba. Amodu might not have won anything ,but check the games he has handled for us.We always play our wing games with some solid defensive midfield plays ,covering our centre backs.And pls go back to the 2002 world cup qualifiers,Amodu turned Aiyegbeni to a monster striker,even though he never made it to the world cup ,due to politics.We always play very well under Amodu.

I laugh when I hear all these ignorant talk about tactics. Who executes the coaches brilliant tactics on the field of play? Is it the referee? You say it was players individual brilliance? Why do we celebrate Messi and Ronaldo today? Is it not because of their individual brilliance? Because they can single-handedly turn a game on it's head and carry their team along? So players should stroll onto the field with the mentality that they don't need a win and then the coaches tactics will surprisingly do magic? Wow, that sure worked for David Moyes last season, and has been working for Arsene Wenger for the past 8 seasons.

And then you say Amodu turned Yakubu to a monster striker? Guy please. Yakubu was doing well at club level and the national team benefited from his run of good form.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (20) (Reply)

Alex Ferguson's Last Chewed Gum As Manager Sold For 181.4 Million Naira: Photo / 2013 Glo-CAF Awards / Zambia Vs Nigeria (AFCON 2013) (1 - 1) On 25th January 2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.