Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,999 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:07 AM

Why Do Women Always Hit Their Heads? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Why Do Women Always Hit Their Heads? (1698 Views)

Why Do Some Africans Carry Their Loads And Wares On Their Heads ! / Heroes And She-roes (Are Women Always Victims?) / why do some men hit their women (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Women Always Hit Their Heads? by Nobody: 12:18pm On Oct 16, 2014
It is a common knowledge that women frequently hit their head. From my observation, every woman hits her head about 121 times in a day. Now my question is this. What is the reason behind this? Initially, I had thought it was a sign of developing madness, but I have come to realize that I may be wrong after all. Can anybody help me with the answer before I finally take my decision.
Re: Why Do Women Always Hit Their Heads? by naturally: 12:24pm On Oct 16, 2014
Despite the fullness of their hair, they still prefer to add artificial hair which makes their head look like forest.

Any slight sweat at all will make the bush stink and scratch them
Re: Why Do Women Always Hit Their Heads? by WoodcrestMayor(m): 1:06pm On Oct 16, 2014
Itchy head...unkempt hair
Re: Why Do Women Always Hit Their Heads? by Nobody: 1:27pm On Oct 16, 2014
You mean it has something to do with the attachment they carry on their head?
Re: Why Do Women Always Hit Their Heads? by Nobody: 5:44pm On Oct 19, 2014
Tyra Banks called it "the black girl pat" grin
We don't hit our heads, we pat it
We are not psychos who beat themselves up the head

We pat our heads because of itching
The weaves/extensions or goat hair like my friends calls it causes major itching since there's no breathing space for the hair underneath

Patting your hair once in a while and not a hundred and twenty one times like the Op stated is very much normal but when you scratch or "hit" continuously, especially in public places, you're a monkey grin
Re: Why Do Women Always Hit Their Heads? by Nobody: 4:20am On Oct 20, 2014
I conjecturally want to believe its a habit.
Yes! It (their hair) can get painful because of the braids. I.e the pulling and scaling etc.
Then a little pat here and there, a little pat again and then eventually it becomes habitual.

This is when you notice these girls with little or no hair on and yet they keep patting it.
In the bus, in class, at work, in the presence of an influential person. News casters are not left out and few of them while making love still do it.

Like every habit, become conscious of it. Consciously and consistently manage it and see it becoming a thing of the past it.

(1) (Reply)

Young King Of Ubulu-uku In Delta State Receives Staff Of Office (pics) / Ladies!!!Can You Dress Like This In Public For Cultural Reasons? / Photo: Who Truly Deserves The Seat?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.