Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,631 members, 7,827,349 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:52 AM

Super Eagles May Still Qualify Even With 7 Points - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Super Eagles May Still Qualify Even With 7 Points (2661 Views)

Super Eagles Can Still Qualify For Morocco 2015 / Super Eagles Can Still Qualify For AFCON 2015. / Super Eagles May Reach Quarter-finals At 2014 World-cup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Super Eagles May Still Qualify Even With 7 Points by Enjoyment1(f): 1:10pm On Oct 16, 2014
If South Africa agrees to host, then, this is good news for Nigeria, as 1st, 2nd, and probably 3rd in the group, may be considered. It then means that:
if the group should end this way...
1. South Africa 11pts
2. Congo 10 pts
3. Nigeria 7pts
4. Sudan. 3 pts.
Nigeria maybe considered, knowing that South Africa is now the host. Morocco will no longer have any place or role in nxt year's nation's cup, which may come with a ban as well on them.
South Africa as the host, irrespective of position, may now be seen as the host, while the extra slot, will have to be filled up, by third position in thesame group A, thats has South Africa, Congo, Nigeria, and Sudan. Note, this does not affect the best loser from qualifying (third best loser from all the groups).
Meanwhile, NFF may have a role to play, in ensuring this happens, by lobbying CAF (as a back door qualification hope). Knowing that, CAF can still apply politricks, and look elsewhere. In a normal circumstance, and from history books, this is how it should be.
Re: Super Eagles May Still Qualify Even With 7 Points by Johnnoo(m): 1:15pm On Oct 16, 2014
I hate mathematical qualification undecided Can't we qualify by simply winning matches

2 Likes

Re: Super Eagles May Still Qualify Even With 7 Points by Hardtalk: 1:18pm On Oct 16, 2014
Under normal circumstances, that is what is expected of CAF (if SA host). Will Hayatou want Nigeria to return, knowing that it is another opportunity for Cameroun to conquer Africa, with Nigeria and Ivory Coast's Qualifications, looking diecy?
Re: Super Eagles May Still Qualify Even With 7 Points by tutaboi(m): 1:28pm On Oct 16, 2014
Na dis man caused all dis wahala..

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles May Still Qualify Even With 7 Points by Enjoyment1(f): 1:29pm On Oct 16, 2014
Johnnoo:
I hate mathematical qualification undecided Can't we qualify by simply winning matches

In all sphere of our life, we like doing things the hard way. Check out how we went to buy military wares from South Africa? In the best interest of the sport, they should consider Nigeria, so as the Championship will be interesting. Besies, countries like Nigeria, Ivory coast, Ghana, Egypt, etc, used to make the championship.....thick!

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles May Still Qualify Even With 7 Points by Enjoyment1(f): 1:34pm On Oct 16, 2014
Hardtalk:
Under normal circumstances, that is what is expected of CAF (if SA host). Will Hayatou want Nigeria to return, knowing that it is another opportunity for Cameroun to conquer Africa, with Nigeria and Ivory Coast's Qualifications, looking diecy?

Lobbying is the answer for now. If not for the north crying out later, I would have advised Nigeria to apply for the hosting right, using Abuja, Lagos, Uyo, and Rivers states. All the stadia in the above states and FCT, are World class. The north, should forfeit for now, becos of Boko Haram. Abi?
Re: Super Eagles May Still Qualify Even With 7 Points by Enjoyment1(f): 1:36pm On Oct 16, 2014
NB: Please help correct all errors. It was typed in a hurry! Oga must not catch you browsing.
Re: Super Eagles May Still Qualify Even With 7 Points by Dbestmax(m): 1:37pm On Oct 16, 2014
Hehehehe....Ngeria depending on other teams loss for qualification since 2000 BC
Re: Super Eagles May Still Qualify Even With 7 Points by ayo4dworld(m): 1:48pm On Oct 16, 2014
Yes we can, God helping us after helping ourselves though....
Re: Super Eagles May Still Qualify Even With 7 Points by Otobroto(f): 2:23pm On Oct 16, 2014
ayo4dworld:
Yes we can, God helping us after helping ourselves though....

Nigerians with "bend-down-boutique", qualifications. They will never do things the easy ways. I just pray it is true!
Re: Super Eagles May Still Qualify Even With 7 Points by Otobroto(f): 2:25pm On Oct 16, 2014
Hardtalk:

If I was in his position, I will do same, for my country to win easily.
Re: Super Eagles May Still Qualify Even With 7 Points by ayo4dworld(m): 3:54pm On Oct 16, 2014
Otobroto:

Nigerians with "bend-down-boutique", qualifications. They will never do things the easy ways. I just pray it is true!
smiley wink cheesy grin grin grin grin "bend-down-boutique"
Re: Super Eagles May Still Qualify Even With 7 Points by wordychap: 4:34pm On Oct 16, 2014
Enjoyment1:
If South Africa agrees to host, then, this is good news for Nigeria, as 1st, 2nd, and probably 3rd in the group, may be considered. It then means that:
if the group should end this way...
1. South Africa 11pts
2. Congo 10 pts
3. Nigeria 7pts
4. Sudan. 3 pts.
Nigeria maybe considered, knowing that South Africa is now the host. Morocco will no longer have any place or role in nxt year's nation's cup, which may come with a ban as well on them.
South Africa as the host, irrespective of position, may now be seen as the host, while the extra slot, will have to be filled up, by third position in thesame group A, thats has South Africa, Congo, Nigeria, and Sudan. Note, this does not affect the best loser from qualifying (third best loser from all the groups).
Meanwhile, NFF may have a role to play, in ensuring this happens, by lobbying CAF (as a back door qualification hope). Knowing that, CAF can still apply politricks, and look elsewhere. In a normal circumstance, and from history books, this is how it should be.
It'll be more logical and fair to all other groups if 2 best losers are picked for qualification.

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles May Still Qualify Even With 7 Points by selingel: 4:49pm On Oct 16, 2014
wordychap:

It'll be more logical and fair to all other groups if 2 best losers are picked for qualification.
In African football, anything can happen. Though more logical, but NFF can lobby. Since we like making things difficult for ourselves, we may still succeed. Besides, how has CAF addressed such situation before? Those are the stuffs we need to know...
Re: Super Eagles May Still Qualify Even With 7 Points by wordychap: 4:57pm On Oct 16, 2014
selingel:
In African football, anything can happen. Though more logical, but NFF can lobby. Since we like making things difficult for ourselves, we may still succeed. Besides, how has CAF addressed such situation before? Those are the stuffs we need to know...
Well CAF has just approached Ghana to consider hosting it. Nig should focus on qualifying in 2nd place or kiss afcon bye bye.
Re: Super Eagles May Still Qualify Even With 7 Points by Nobody: 5:03pm On Oct 16, 2014
wordychap:

Check your facts, there are already 3 qualification slots for best losers.
Re: Super Eagles May Still Qualify Even With 7 Points by wordychap: 6:28pm On Oct 16, 2014
rickkid:

Check your facts, there are already 3 qualification slots for best losers.
Only 1 best loser qualifies n for now Egypt occupies that slot.
Re: Super Eagles May Still Qualify Even With 7 Points by Otobroto(f): 7:20pm On Oct 16, 2014
wordychap:

Only 1 best loser qualifies n for now Egypt occupies that slot.

Apart from Nigeria, looking at it wholistically, what makes you feel Egypt will take that slot? Anyway, I learnt it is only one slot for best loser, and not 3. Come to think of it, even Ghana will not want to risk it, as Ebola is closer to them than South Africa. Another option might be Egypt, but how stable is Egypt politically?
Re: Super Eagles May Still Qualify Even With 7 Points by Enjoyment1(f): 7:28pm On Oct 16, 2014
wordychap:

Well CAF has just approached Ghana to consider hosting it. Nig should focus on qualifying in 2nd place or kiss afcon bye bye.

Apart from being sentimental. What makes CAF believes dat Ghana will want to host the nation's cup? Ebola, is more closer to Ghana, than Morocco....dont you think so?
Re: Super Eagles May Still Qualify Even With 7 Points by wordychap: 7:49pm On Oct 16, 2014
Otobroto:

Apart from Nigeria, looking at it wholistically, what makes you feel Egypt will take that slot? Anyway, I learnt it is only one slot for best loser, and not 3. Come to think of it, even Ghana will not want to risk it, as Ebola is closer to them than South Africa. Another option might be Egypt, but how stable is Egypt politically?
SA is most likely going to host it, Ghana taking d 2017 hosting rights.
Egypt though occupy d best losers spot may not get it based on d games they have left. Mozambique n Ivory coast are also ahead of Nigeria in best placed 3rd team, ivory coast having d brightest prospect in that they on 6 point play d weak Sierra Leone next n Cameroon- which might already have qualified by then, last. Nig should forget dt best losers spot, 10 points will not get it, our only chance of qualifying for this afcon is contending for 2nd place with Congo. Keshi's sack is in d right direction bc our best legs will probably be invited to play Congo n a 2 goal win is possible.
Re: Super Eagles May Still Qualify Even With 7 Points by Enjoyment1(f): 8:07pm On Oct 16, 2014
wordychap:

SA is most likely going to host it, Ghana taking d 2017 hosting rights.
Egypt though occupy d best losers spot may not get it based on d games they have left. Mozambique n Ivory coast are also ahead of Nigeria in best placed 3rd team, ivory coast having d brightest prospect in that they on 6 point play d weak Sierra Leone next n Cameroon- which might already have qualified by then, last. Nig should forget dt best losers spot, 10 points will not get it, our only chance of qualifying for this afcon is contending for 2nd place with Congo. Keshi's sack is in d right direction bc our best legs will probably be invited to play Congo n a 2 goal win is possible.

Indeed, you have spoken well. Really, we are not in condition for best loser, but we can lobby. I know there is politics...
Besides, if only we can win our Congo game (convincingly), becos there is head-to-head rule. So, 3 - 1, in favour of Nigeria will not be a bad result.
Meanwhile, the hosting right will be given to SA, becos Ghanaians are already weighing the options. They tend to prefer 2017...
Re: Super Eagles May Still Qualify Even With 7 Points by Hardtalk: 8:25pm On Oct 16, 2014
I for-see CAF shifting that Championship.
Re: Super Eagles May Still Qualify Even With 7 Points by femicyrus(m): 8:27pm On Oct 16, 2014
Since we have played 2 matches at 2 different locations in Nigeria without bomb blast nor ebola, then caf should approach us to host it. Atleast we will qualify automatically
Re: Super Eagles May Still Qualify Even With 7 Points by Hardtalk: 8:34pm On Oct 16, 2014
femicyrus:
Since we have played 2 matches at 2 different locations in Nigeria without bomb blast nor ebola, then caf should approach us to host it. Atleast we will qualify automatically

Ebola is the issue, and I dont see Nigeria(rians) risking such...Its the only option, though (apart from backdoor qualification)...lol.
Re: Super Eagles May Still Qualify Even With 7 Points by mikron(m): 11:08pm On Oct 16, 2014
We will qualify ahead of Congo. With the likely return and fresh invite of ik uche, obasi, Martins, and possibly Iheanacho I see no team stopping us. We have the materials to win matches, keshi was just clueless and biased.
Re: Super Eagles May Still Qualify Even With 7 Points by seankay(m): 8:13am On Oct 17, 2014
We would qualify if we win our next away game against Congo,its the most important match and we must also try to win with nothing less than 2goals. I believe we should be able to beat S.A in abuja. With this result,we would qualify automatically
Re: Super Eagles May Still Qualify Even With 7 Points by Hardtalk: 7:47am On Oct 18, 2014
Now that Ghana's health ministry have rejected the hosting right, what next? SA may be the next option...
Re: Super Eagles May Still Qualify Even With 7 Points by Hardtalk: 7:53am On Oct 18, 2014
seankay:
We would qualify if we win our next away game against Congo,its the most important match and we must also try to win with nothing less than 2goals. I believe we should be able to beat S.A in abuja. With this result,we would qualify automatically

Easier said...
Re: Super Eagles May Still Qualify Even With 7 Points by seankay(m): 9:28am On Oct 18, 2014
Hardtalk:

Easier said...
Your right about that,it would be difficult to win those games but am just saying if they do,they will qualify.
I don't really get thrilled by Nigerian football these days unlike when I was a kid when I eat before matches cos I wouldn't eat if Nigeria loses so if they qualify or not,na dem sabi
Re: Super Eagles May Still Qualify Even With 7 Points by Segadem(m): 11:54am On Oct 18, 2014
Johnnoo:
How will u appreciate God if everything goes like bed of roses.
Re: Super Eagles May Still Qualify Even With 7 Points by OYIBN: 10:00pm On Oct 18, 2014
Wishful thinking!!! Supersport has already educated us on what CAF would do if Morocco pulls out and either South Africa or Ghana steps in to host assuming both countries qualify from their groups. CAF will pick the best 2 losers from across all the groups. l wonder why the author of the post thinks Nigeria will finish on 7points.. Can't Amodu win in Congo? l guess all those that want Keshi sacked think moving from Keshi to Amodu is progress! I dey laugh o. Where has Amodu coached since his sack from Super Eagles many years ago? The rejected Amodu that Osaze and his fellow players criticised for lacking modern coaching skills. The Amodu that qualified the country twice and was deemed not fit enough to take Nigeria to the World cup because fans and the sporting press accused him of giving them heart attack each time super eagles played. So what has changed? I suppose he is OK now as long as Keshi leaves. Until we do a critical assessment of our football and accept the fact that NFF is really the problem we will continue to take one step forward and 10 steps backward. Neither Oliseh or the best foreign coach in the world can succeed with the type of NFF we have. By the way is the foreign coach ready to live in Nigeria. Now we have money to pay foreign coach but could not pay Keshi for over 7 months! Nigeria we hail thee! l rest my case.
Re: Super Eagles May Still Qualify Even With 7 Points by Hardtalk: 2:20pm On Oct 19, 2014
OYIBN:
Wishful thinking!!! Supersport has already educated us on what CAF would do if Morocco pulls out and either South Africa or Ghana steps in to host assuming both countries qualify from their groups. CAF will pick the best 2 losers from across all the groups. l wonder why the author of the post thinks Nigeria will finish on 7points.. Can't Amodu win in Congo? l guess all those that want Keshi sacked think moving from Keshi to Amodu is progress! I dey laugh o. Where has Amodu coached since his sack from Super Eagles many years ago? The rejected Amodu that Osaze and his fellow players criticised for lacking modern coaching skills. The Amodu that qualified the country twice and was deemed not fit enough to take Nigeria to the World cup because fans and the sporting press accused him of giving them heart attack each time super eagles played. So what has changed? I suppose he is OK now as long as Keshi leaves. Until we do a critical assessment of our football and accept the fact that NFF is really the problem we will continue to take one step forward and 10 steps backward. Neither Oliseh or the best foreign coach in the world can succeed with the type of NFF we have. By the way is the foreign coach ready to live in Nigeria. Now we have money to pay foreign coach but could not pay Keshi for over 7 months! Nigeria we hail thee! l rest my case.

Hmm...Nigeria and Nigerians! What a pity. As it is now, Nigeria needs to beat Congo with more than 2 goals...becos of head-to-head rule, and come back here and finish the job.

(1) (Reply)

Things You Never Knew About Chelsea Winger-willian Borges Da Silva. / Nazeem Hamed Jailed! / Nigeria Vs. India

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.